Used Car Have New Registration Plate

Yoshi_sx

what if I just bought a second hand car and wish to get a new one? The previous owner did not retain the number. Must I bid for a new one or just can register and let lta select?

what if I just bought a second hand car and wish to get a new one? The previous owner did not retain the number. Must I bid for a new one or just can register and let lta select?

U must bid for a new plate number. Minimum bid is $1K. (u can easily bid successfully for non-popular random number n shouldn't spend more than $1K), total is $1300 including the $300 replacement fee.

what if I just bought a Second Hand Car and wish to get a new one? The previous owner did not retain the number. Must I bid for a new one or just can register and let lta select?

I think if you want a nice number can bid.

Edited by SamanthaLoh

It's all about money, now you can retain car number to register on a brand new car, on a 2nd hand car, Even if you are now driving your current car and want to change the car number also can, just bid for a number. :D

I have already got my bid number... 1 years then expired.

Think to wait for COE drop then put on the new car.

Now seem like even harder... so many rich ppl bidding... CNY period still up COE... Sian

Now seem like even harder... so many rich ppl bidding... CNY period still up COE... Sian

You have only 1 year to register your bidded number. If you are waiting for COE to drop, then i would say your bidded number will never get to register liao. :D

CHY period COE sure will go up, cause many people want to drive new car on CNY lo.

You have only 1 year to register your bidded number. If you are waiting for COE to drop, then i would say your bidded number will never get to register liao. :D

CHY period COE sure will go up, cause many people want to drive new car on CNY lo.

That's the typical sillypolians..hahaha

It goes back to the supply and demand equation.

With the taxi companies competing in the same category as us the private consumers, it is going to be pretty challenging for a reasonable COE drop.

You can let LTA select.

I bought a new car, got an SKC number, but damn ugly and suay sounding..

Went to bid like a few months later, bought an SKE number.

Bidding: 1.2K, admin fee $321

If let LTA select, think only $321 only.

You can let LTA select.

I bought a new car, got an SKC number, but damn ugly and suay sounding..

Went to bid like a few months later, bought an SKE number.

Bidding: 1.2K, admin fee $321

If let LTA select, think only $321 only.

Any possibility to sell my existing car plate number, and bid from LTA only when my number is sold? Anyone knows or can advise how this work?

Turbocharged

Any possibility to sell my existing car plate number, and bid from LTA only when my number is sold? Anyone knows or can advise how this work?

Sell your car together with yr number to the buyer.

Buyer do a number retention and a new plate (randomly adsigned by LTA) is assigned to this car.

Buyer transfer the car back to you (this car with the New randomly assigned number)

You can choose to bid for a new plate before or after selling your existing plate as new plate can hold for a year.

Once you got the new plate just go LTA n pay $321 to put on yr car.

Abovr cost $ and importantly your existing plate is worth the effort and cost

Sell your car together with yr number to the buyer.

Buyer do a number retention and a new plate (randomly adsigned by LTA) is assigned to this car.

Buyer transfer the car back to you (this car with the New randomly assigned number)

You can choose to bid for a new plate before or after selling your existing plate as new plate can hold for a year.

Once you got the new plate just go LTA n pay $321 to put on yr car.

Abovr cost $ and importantly your existing plate is worth the effort and cost

Thanks for the advice.

Will give it a miss given the hassle

Existing car with new plate from number plate company also $321 transfer fee only right?

I doubt so. As likely the "New" plate been registered to someone name.

Do call them to ask.

↡ Advertisement