I thought property prices were dropping ....

Scb11980

Unit at The Marq sets S$6,850 psf record

20 Dec 2011

PropertyGuru

The recent cooling measures which require foreigners buying private property in Singapore to fork out an additional 10 percent stamp duty, is expected to curb skyrocketing property prices.

And if recent transacted prices at certain luxury developments are anything to go by, the new measures could not have come at a better time.

A prime example is The Marq on Paterson Hill. The latest deal involved a 2,950 sq ft unit on a high floor which was sold to a European buyer for a whopping S$6,850 psf, a new record for Singapore

↡ Advertisement

20 Dec 2011

PropertyGuru

The recent cooling measures which require foreigners buying private property in Singapore to fork out an additional 10 percent stamp duty, is expected to curb skyrocketing property prices.

And if recent transacted prices at certain luxury developments are anything to go by, the new measures could not have come at a better time.

A prime example is The Marq on Paterson Hill. The latest deal involved a 2,950 sq ft unit on a high floor which was sold to a European buyer for a whopping S$6,850 psf, a new record for Singapore

20 Dec 2011

PropertyGuru

Available land bank is fixed.

Population is growing real fast.

Demand for a roof grows in tandem - be it owner-occupied, or tenanted.

(same analogy to rising COEs from growing demand for car ownership or rental ... cos both will push up COE prices)

FTs pouring in with cash in hand.

Tell me, how can property prices come down significantly, if at all?

Already spotted some fire sale properties. :o Bank sale should be coming [:p] . Happy New Year properties shopping [laugh]

Bro, where to look for fire sales and bank sales property? I very keen to take a look at such properties

Thx

US just pass a bill of 1 Trillion... :D

who knows the $$ already reach our shore... as long as US continue to print... some of the $$ will reach asia, and SG is definitely one of the targeted country due to its currency / financial stability [:p]

dont be fooled by few exceptional cases [;)]

when the trade is crowded, upside is limited. next few yrs will be stale action. good for long term planning but dont expect big prices seen last few years.

this one is double confirmed la ...

if not why so many policy use '$$$' to curb and control

the only one that win is Gahmen collecting the extra $tamp duties.

Emm..that you got to buy from a non-registered GST seller..ahhaha

I know, that's why ask you got or not what....hey....you fly by night agent isit? [laugh]

Already tell you all liao.

When there is still SO MUCH INTEREST in property and everybody is waiting for prices to drop so that they can buy, the prices won't drop much if at all. You see, this interest still represents great demand.

If i remember correctly, the only time prices crashed was when NOBODY wanted them. I remember back in 2002 to 2005, the market was so bad that developers were literally begging you to buy their condos, giving discounts left and right. Showrooms were empty. And this was back when 20% was enough for downpayment, only buyers 3% stamp duty, no penalty for flipping.

Already tell you all liao.

When there is still SO MUCH INTEREST in property and everybody is waiting for prices to drop so that they can buy, the prices won't drop much if at all. You see, this interest still represents great demand.

If i remember correctly, the only time prices crashed was when NOBODY wanted them. I remember back in 2002 to 2005, the market was so bad that developers were literally begging you to buy their condos, giving discounts left and right. Showrooms were empty. And this was back when 20% was enough for downpayment, only buyers 3% stamp duty, no penalty for flipping.

What to do? so many rich people with tons of cash lying around, you see this forum enough leow, many people so interested and waiting to buy

All individual sellers re-selling should be non-GST registered bro, but they will sure factor in the GST they paid for to the selling price.

then how? you can help me set up a gst registered company?

↡ Advertisement