Slow drivers are safe drivers...

Vhtfhwlego

Your signature quote says it all. Maybe someone just changed to a Alfa so his ego also become too big. [lipsrsealed]

I ask again, what's wrong with a lorry driving at 50km/h on a SLIP ROAD? Lorry drive fast at 80km/h kenna farked, lorry drive slow at 50km/h also kenna farked.

TS, why don't you go learn to operate a helicopter? No one will block your way. [rolleyes]

Quite sure that u belong to those group who drives 90km/h on lane 1, with no cars in front of you and a whole strecth of cars behind you trying to overtake. You will ask the same thing, " What's wrong with a car travelling at 90km/h on lane 1?" You are damn right... Nothing wrong being a dick...

↡ Advertisement

Did I keep attacking him? I don't think so. The post above is only my second one.

Live and let live. I always know that when I am on the road. There's all sort of drivers on the road and we have to accomodate. Maybe you can tell him your theory about live and let live.

So do you think a lorry travelling at 50km/h on a slip road is wrong? What he wants is everyone on the road to drive at a speed according to his wishes. [hur] That's why I asked him to fly a helicopter, no one will block his way.

no other meaning to my previous post, just felt that your post is abit hostile. am not agreeing on TS view on his encounter too. all these are part and parcel in the driving life on sg road, but different people will have their own interpretation, which they will have to bare the subsequent consequences themselves too.

i also travel around that speed whenever i was on a slip road, nothing wrong of coz. cool down bro. happy mcf.

we not exactly need a third party to voice out before one slowing it own pace on the road, but i felt age is one major factor..... in fact i think that i will felt irritated if someone commented my driving style....

use to think that i can out accelerate any car on the road, and did it most if not all the time. however, i see that now most if not all cars out accelerate me on the road! LOL! lane 2 is my preferred lane now, as much lesser tailgater encounter and often faster than travel in lane 1 on expressway.

I still enjoy driving very much, no less then when i was in the teenage!!! and most importantly, will go back in time to my "teenage" mood once in a loooong while!!!

as for TS, well probably his mood was pretty down, and need some adrenalin rush to spice up his mood, a row of slow moving vehicles blocking the whole passageway would definitely escalate one's heat within. thus the bursting of anger by TS which i believe. in any case, drive safely, too many of cocky drivers on the road out there trying very hard to spoil your day, give them a good smile with a clear thumb down for "retaliation", and enjoy these cocky drivers dramatic change in face!

Agree. I always tell ppl it's rude for passengers to comment on the driver's driving style. But i also feel the drivers must take responsibility for the lives of their passenger. No point offering a ride but scare the hell out of them. [laugh].

I agree that slow drivers are often bad drivers. But there are fast drivers who are bad drivers as well.

Driving fast forces the driver to put his full attention on driving and not be distracted by other things like phones, in car entertainment systems and sceneries. It is a good or a bad thing, bcos some pple are just not talented enough to handle anything faster. You should also understand the limits of your car when you drive fast; such as the limitations of the tyres you are using(in dry or wet), how much stress your chassis can take when cornering, what is the stopping distance etc. If you drive fast without good understanding of your car and driving dynamics, then that is considered irrational and reckless. If you are not the kind who maintains your car regularly, then you shouldn't speed it that car.

Speeding doesn't kill. Inattentiveness while driving is the number 1 cause of accidents.

I also agree that passengers should not comment on the way that the driver drives; it's very inconsiderate as it distracts the driver, causing him to drive unnaturally - which is dangerous.

Edited by Gasguzzler

CITY DRIVING IS LIKE THIS.

This is what you get in a dense population like ours.

LEARN TO LET GO.

DON'T DRIVE WITH YOUR EMOTIONS. DRIVE WITH YOUR BRAIN.

Everytime I see a SLOW DRIVER, i will get angry for split second, then just think of a way to overtake in a safe way.

No need chut pattern and horn, rev, high beam whatever. Just go about your business, overtake and go.

Of course if that bugger speed up when u try to overtake, don't roll down your window and show ur middle finger.

JUST LAUGH IT OFF AND THINK "WHAT A STUPID IDIOT"

Get angry for what. No point.

If you need to ventilate here, also can. Just do it. Get everything out of your system.

COS IF YOU ANGRY CHUT PATTERN SPEED UP AND DUNNO DO WHAT, end up kenna speed cam TP catch or worse still bang something, YOU PAY FOR IT WITH YOUR OWN CASH, OWN CAR, OWN BLOOD.

Learn to enjoy your ride!!!

Quite sure that u belong to those group who drives 90km/h on lane 1, with no cars in front of you and a whole strecth of cars behind you trying to overtake. You will ask the same thing, " What's wrong with a car travelling at 90km/h on lane 1?" You are damn right... Nothing wrong being a dick...

Yes, you are right. So what are you gonna do abt it? Sux it boy! HAHAHA...

Hunt me down lah, sue me lah! There's absofarkinglutely nothing you can do.

Balls to you lah hugoballs (hey, it rhymes!)! Don't waste my time NEWBIE!

Edited by Fcw75

Yes, you are right. So what are you gonna do abt it? Sux it boy! HAHAHA...

Hunt me down lah, sue me lah! There's absofarkinglutely nothing you can do.

Balls to you lah hugoballs (hey, it rhymes!)! Don't waste my time NEWBIE!

ha lampa... living in your own loser world.. get a dick..

Neutral Newbie

Dude ... seriously, if you know where the speed cams are in KPE, why do you feel there is a pressure to brake? If you know where the cams are, just take your foot off the accelerator pedal at the correct time and you don't have to brake at all.

learn to control anger lah. listen to classic music will help also.

it is only that few second thing and short distance only. no point playing tough to be a "hero" for that few seconds to a person that you may not be able to meet again in your life time.

<_<

Dude ... seriously, if you know where the speed cams are in KPE, why do you feel there is a pressure to brake? If you know where the cams are, just take your foot off the accelerator pedal at the correct time and you don't have to brake at all.

Bro, its just more relaxing to drive in a way u dun have to care about thinking of this and that...

and noticing about where the cameras are...

y take the unecessary risk to get a picture taken when all u can save is probably 5-10 mins...

my logic is always to get from point A to point B in a orderly and legally manner...

ocassional burst of speeds happens only when there is a urge to go fast...

Drive safe and enjoy...

<_<

Bro, its just more relaxing to drive in a way u dun have to care about thinking of this and that...

and noticing about where the cameras are...

y take the unecessary risk to get a picture taken when all u can save is probably 5-10 mins...

my logic is always to get from point A to point B in a orderly and legally manner...

ocassional burst of speeds happens only when there is a urge to go fast...

Drive safe and enjoy...

agreed..sg distance between destinations is so short..seriously how much time can one save? drive safely more important

Edited by Darthrevan

Neutral Newbie

My logic is simpler, get from point A to point B in one piece. Haha. But alas, it's all the same. We all just want a safe and happy driving experience. :D

I observed that drivers who sit very close towards their steering wheels and drive with 2 hands gripping on both sides of the steering wheel has less situational awareness and tends to drive slow because of this driving habit.

They will be ignorant to the fast lane and drive like nobody business in that lane when all other cars are packed at the back. They could not careless to look into their rear mirror consistently / side mirrors to keep a look out before switching lanes.

Basically, they road hog, parking takes a longer time (in, out, in and out) and switch lanes dangerously without looking out carefully.

Steady drivers tends to react faster to situation; what they want to do next with the surrounding cars and road situation and do it safely and fast without compromising others. Hey, plus signalling too; I always signal whenever I cut into others' lane or during turning as a courtesy and precaution, wherelse those I mentioned earlier drive as though they are drunk the moment they start driving and live in their own world.

I had a friend who are so micro-concentrating on driving while she is totally unaware of the surroundings (people beside her car, car honk at her, etc within a foot distance...can u beat that?

Lorry drive slow kenna fark, drive fast also kenna fark. So what do you want them to do? Drive at a speed according to your wishes?

Please lah, what's the rush? Where's the fire?

Ultimately, you are the one who is too impatient.

:D.

Busy the whole day - at ws in the early hours, walked from Sin Ming to Marymount MRT ~ Took train to Bukit Batok ~ Walk to someone's place to collect stuff, walk back to MRT & back to Marymount ~ walk to Sin Ming (1230pm).

Then took car to Kenny's alignment ~ spent hours there because his helper cannot align my steering wheel...

Left the place at 2.30pm & went Kaki Bukit Vicom to meet 2 friends there... They wanna see some cars at AML...

Reached AML, asked the few dealers for those targetted cars, all sold out...

Left AML and proceed to Queensway to see other car.... Called the dealer, car is available but reached there, car were driven by others to the WS...

Asked us whether to drive to Penjuru and I said, forget about it, waste of time....

Went back to AML (530pm), pick my friend's car and suppose to go RT...

But still quite piss with the alignment & I had not had my lunch/breakfast..

Decided not to go RT, ask wife wanna go Kenny's place with me and bring son to Bishan cut hair?

6pm... Wanna pick up my son but son wanna drink breastmilk, waited for 20mins and wife said, if that I wanna go to Kenny's place, go ahead... She will stay at home with son... Felt that I should also feed my wife with spream food before I leave but Kenny will be closed by then....

Then my mum asked us to go away, she will take care of the boy... Left with wife to Kenny's place...

Sorted the car by 730pm, drove to a place for dinner, came back home, click view all replies and you are the first to have some answers..

Actually, the case study mentioned wasn't a case study... It would be if it was me years ago...

I focus my driving style to be smooth then fast...

I speed only when the traffic permits... And speed not more then 30km/hr however, 20km/hr on small roads... Will travel above speed limit by a little in school zones / zone with high risk...

I stop reading after I see this.

I quoted this is I want to see how is the response...

I dont drink & drive for years... Everyone was young before, all made mistakes... I had moved on....

I dont like to speak while on the phone unless it is very urgent... I always have a eyepiece but recently lost it... Luckily maybank give me a bluetooth... Started using it again...

I used to smoke & drive (in an auto car) then smoke & drive in a high BHP car...

I stopped after 1 week as I felt I am driving a weapon around...

So I know my limits and I stopped smoking in the car...

Then wife pregnant, we totally stopped smoking in the car...

NOW, I had even stop smoking (9days already)... I hope that my wife (she is cutting down) will follow me too...

The point is, why can we view things in an open mind... It is afterall for debate right?

What if that my first post were just pointers???

Will you have the open mind to discuss???

TS.. live and let live..

take BMW (bus/mrt/ walk) for a change if your sick of the jams and drivers...

Read my above reply :D ...

Actually, SMRT is not that bad... Had improved over the years...

And people actually gave up their seats... I wonder it is because of stomp?

↡ Advertisement