3rd party claim

Wpower

Should the workshop proceed to do the repair even without the other party's surveyor assessing ?

What can be the consequences?

↡ Advertisement

Twincharged

Should the workshop proceed to do the repair even without the other party's surveyor assessing ?

What can be the consequences?

It was in the news a few months ago. If the accident has been reported already and the other party's insurer has been informed, then the other party's surveyor has 48hrs to inspect the damaged vehicle. If it fails to do so, it automatically waives its right to contest the claim.

It was in the news a few months ago. If the accident has been reported already and the other party's insurer has been informed, then the other party's surveyor has 48hrs to inspect the damaged vehicle. If it fails to do so, it automatically waives its right to contest the claim.

thank you.. didnt see the news

hi

how does a 3rd party claim work? eg. you are claiming party

1. after reporting the claim at the reporting centre, will the centre submit the report to your insurance company? or is it done by the claim workshop?

2. how can you check if the claim workshop has requested the other party's surveyor for assessment? what are the chances that your insurance company does not acknowledge your claim after the repair work has been done if the claim workshop did not submit the claim to either insurance company? will it directly affect your ncd?

3. under what situation will a 3rd party claim be rejected/denied?

TIA

hi

how does a 3rd party claim work? eg. you are claiming party

1. after reporting the claim at the reporting centre, will the centre submit the report to your insurance company? or is it done by the claim workshop?

No. It will be submitted to the 3rd party insurance by workshop. It will not be submitted to your insurance if you are not claiming your own insurance.

2. how can you check if the claim workshop has requested the other party's surveyor for assessment? what are the chances that your insurance company does not acknowledge your claim after the repair work has been done if the claim workshop did not submit the claim to either insurance company? will it directly affect your ncd?

You wouldn't be able to know unless your workshop tells you. Chances of insurance not honoring is 100% if they didn't notify the insurance of the repair. For free play, 3rd party are given 48hours after notification by workshop to survey the vehicle.If claiming another party insurance,it should not affect your own insurance NCD.

3. under what situation will a 3rd party claim be rejected/denied?

Normally wouldn't reject. Unless proven driver no license,driving under influence of alcohol,use for the purpose not stated in the policy. Else,chances are it will not be throw out.

TIA

I have answer in your post.

I have answer in your post.

thanks.

2. if the claim workshop did not notify the surveyor at all but proceeded with the repair, then submit the claim to the insurance company. can this happen?

assuming this happen, what is the possibility that the insurance company reject/deny the claim? in this case, will your ncd be affected?

thanks.

2. if the claim workshop did not notify the surveyor at all but proceeded with the repair, then submit the claim to the insurance company. can this happen?

assuming this happen, what is the possibility that the insurance company reject/deny the claim? in this case, will your ncd be affected?

They have to wait for surveyor. If they proceed without waiting, they can't claim a cent later. They are at losing end. At your end,you will not be affected because you didn't effect your insurance. To effect your insurance, you need to sign a authorization form to authorize the workshop to claim against own policy. Hope it helps.

They have to wait for surveyor. If they proceed without waiting, they can't claim a cent later. They are at losing end. At your end,you will not be affected because you didn't effect your insurance. To effect your insurance, you need to sign a authorization form to authorize the workshop to claim against own policy. Hope it helps.

it does clear my doubts.thank you [rolleyes]

The workshop which is doing the claim will bear the consequences. The pratice now is workshop are not allow to proceed repair before 3rd party surveyor survey. But they are given 2 days deadline to have that accident car survey. If the deadline passed and even after workshop sending remainders , the 3rd party surveyor still haven get the car survey then the workshop can proceed with the repair.

If before 2 days deadline and workshop start repair then the 3rd party will only pay for visible damaged , ur car inner damgaged like panel, exhaust all these they will reject the estimated given by the worshop. So workshop have to bear with the consequences and repair cost for other damaged part.

The workshop which is doing the claim will bear the consequences. The pratice now is workshop are not allow to proceed repair before 3rd party surveyor survey. But they are given 2 days deadline to have that accident car survey. If the deadline passed and even after workshop sending remainders , the 3rd party surveyor still haven get the car survey then the workshop can proceed with the repair.

If before 2 days deadline and workshop start repair then the 3rd party will only pay for visible damaged , ur car inner damgaged like panel, exhaust all these they will reject the estimated given by the worshop. So workshop have to bear with the consequences and repair cost for other damaged part.

thank you for the information [rolleyes]

Hi all

i receive the lawyer letter from my claim workshop. im puzzled at 1 of the line

"unless i revoke your authority in writing or instruct you otherwise in writing, you have my authority to have full conduct of my claim without the need to seek my approval for each step of my claim" <-- is this the practice?

Hi all

i receive the lawyer letter from my claim workshop. im puzzled at 1 of the line

"unless i revoke your authority in writing or instruct you otherwise in writing, you have my authority to have full conduct of my claim without the need to seek my approval for each step of my claim" <-- is this the practice?

From what I see,this is to your advantage? This lawyer is helping you to claim,so he will proceed without your acknowledge to speed things up. No good meh? Unless he writes that other can claim you without your knowledge,then you should reject.

Hi,

My car just got into an accident with a cab. It is the cab's fault although she is denying liability (50/50 case).

I've filed a claim against her cab's insurance. However, I was told that the insurance company will not be sending a surveyor to check my car as the cabbie claims that she is not at fault.

I was told that if I want to proceed, I will have to engage my own surveyor (~$200-300) to check my car for damages.

Shouldn't her insurance company engage and send a surveyor since I have filed a claim against them? So in this case, how?

Hi bro, i was rear ended by a commecial mini bus....i sent my car bak to c&c to do third party claim. However it had been 3 weeks, and c&c is telling me that they can't do anything as the bugger who had rear ended me did not report,and the only option i hav is to either do a claim on my insurance or file a civil suit against the bugger.

Can i jus check is this rite??? I hav pics of my car being rear ended by the mini bus, but the third party insurance is not sending a surveyor down cos no report made to them. Meaning to say next time i bang ppl i dun report i can get away scot free??!! :wacko:

Hi bro, i was rear ended by a commecial mini bus....i sent my car bak to c&c to do third party claim. However it had been 3 weeks, and c&c is telling me that they can't do anything as the bugger who had rear ended me did not report,and the only option i hav is to either do a claim on my insurance or file a civil suit against the bugger.

Can i jus check is this rite??? I hav pics of my car being rear ended by the mini bus, but the third party insurance is not sending a surveyor down cos no report made to them. Meaning to say next time i bang ppl i dun report i can get away scot free??!! :wacko:

bro sorry to hear that. This is what happen when these commercial vehicles belong to company, if the drivers act blur or never update their company then their company will not know there is an accident occured. This is why touch wood if we encounter accident with these commercial vehicle remember to take down the company particular and office number, most of these vehicles having decal which having their company detail and office number on either side of the front door. If you have the company number you can call them up and tell them their vehicle had an accident with. i will pm you to expalin to you more . Hope im able to help you. :)

from all these examples, i wonder why we buy insurance.

No insurance u cannot drive the car. So it means u buy insurance for u to drive on the road but it dun really insured u when accident happened.

↡ Advertisement