3rd party claim

Wpower

Hi, like to ask what if the 3rd party claim failed, what will happen? The owner pay the repair himself ? Or the workshop bear it all?

I also want to noe the answer to this question. Guess a lot of driver not sure also.

↡ Advertisement

Workshop not stupid one. They will cover backside by getting you to sign some indemnity letter stating that if everything cannot claim, you will have to pay.

hey bro, jus to check, you wrote tat surveyor has to survey damage by 48hrs or else workshop can proceed with the repairs.... my vehicle which was hit at the rear by a bus (remember me n btw thks 4 yr help) was in the workshop for 8 days before surveyor came to survey damage and as workshop claimed, 'authorised' a replacement car for me, like that how come took so long coz everytime i called workshop for replacement car, was told its standard practice and must wait for surveyors approval for replacement and cost of repairs..... in the end as u know, i got screwed by the workshop and my car was returned after 17days in workshop wif bodywork done swee swee but damaged brake cylinders and suspension not changed. in the end now, i engaged a lawyer to handle my injury and other non repair claims and wonder can i not sign the DV when asked to by workshop till they give me a satisfactory reply on the screw ups and repair/reimburse my costs for brake cylinders and suspension?

Clutched

Workshop not stupid one. They will cover backside by getting you to sign some indemnity letter stating that if everything cannot claim, you will have to pay.

I collected my car from the workshop handling my 3rd party claim. They asked me to sign a indemnify form which I told them I will not be signing it coz it is at my disadvantage. If they cant claim 100% or even 10% against the other party, my insurance will paid for the repair cost, so either way the WS wont make a loss. I'm very sure I 100% NOT AT FAULT.

After I told the WS lady boss that I'm not signing coz i wan to consult my lawyer, she also say if i dun sign also can. Anyway, this WS (dun wan mention name), did just a fairly good job, the paintwork was nicely done but the replacement door alignment was slightly out, so tell them do again and they rectify it.

Next the replacement car door pillar was supposed to be black but the spray painter painted it with the colour of my car which is red. But the other side pillar remain black. ^*#@!&%.

The centre console cover (behind the handbrake) inside the car cabin broke off during the accident but mechanic failed to realise that and I have to tell them during collection then they say they will search one for me.

Will need to make another trip back to do up the door pillar paint work again... SIGH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

No insurance u cannot drive the car. So it means u buy insurance for u to drive on the road but it dun really insured u when accident happened.

That is why always source for cheapest insurance after the 1st year.

No claim make and they happy happy pocket your money.

I also want to noe the answer to this question. Guess a lot of driver not sure also.

If the WS fail to claim, you will either have to claim your own insurance (which is hard cos the WS you go to may not be the authorised workshop) OR just pay direct to the workshop.

Neutral Newbie

from all these examples, i wonder why we buy insurance.

That's why I will buy the cheapest car insurance as I believe that even though how expensive the car insurance, in the end, it will be the same outcome..

Neutral Newbie

Hi All, sorry to ride on this discussion to ask about my problem. I can't post a topic.

I got into an accident hitting the rear of the other party when he suddenly jam brake his car. Now he is going to claim against me for his damage. My car also been damage as well.

I am thinking of reparing the car myself to save the trouble or should i let my car insurance workshop to do it? Since 3rd party is going to claim against me. Will that make any difference to my premium whether I pay the repair of my car by myself or let my insurance pay for it?

Thanks please advise.

Turbocharged

Hi All, sorry to ride on this discussion to ask about my problem. I can't post a topic.

I got into an accident hitting the rear of the other party when he suddenly jam brake his car. Now he is going to claim against me for his damage. My car also been damage as well.

I am thinking of reparing the car myself to save the trouble or should i let my car insurance workshop to do it? Since 3rd party is going to claim against me. Will that make any difference to my premium whether I pay the repair of my car by myself or let my insurance pay for it?

Thanks please advise.

if its a major accident, just claim insurance, no point paying your own repairs since he is claim u anyway.

i doubt any impact on your premium since NCD will drop by 30% as long as u have a claim.

Neutral Newbie

yeshe thanks for your prompt reply. So sad to hear that.

If that's the case then they will be quite a lot of hassle for me letting insurance workshop to do it I guess normally they take longer to get my car repair.

Let's say my deductable is SGD500 with my car insurance that should be all I have to pay right for the repair of both cars? Or I end up have to pay for my own deductable and 3rd party deductable is ther such things?

Turbocharged

yeshe thanks for your prompt reply. So sad to hear that.

If that's the case then they will be quite a lot of hassle for me letting insurance workshop to do it I guess normally they take longer to get my car repair.

Let's say my deductable is SGD500 with my car insurance that should be all I have to pay right for the repair of both cars? Or I end up have to pay for my own deductable and 3rd party deductable is ther such things?

the excess is only for own damage, the other party claim will be without excess.

so u only need to pay $500 max if u claim from own insurance