National Service in Singapore

Scb11980

Relatively speaking.. considering the lousy compensation for death, losing small body parts seem to pay more

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 1

My time should be the same as yours. But cover duties at SAFTI was siong.

I heard so...but no choice...tekong also feed mosquito  [shakehead]

I refer to the latter. :D

she is the prettiest in our unit  [inlove]

some riggers are not bad too  :inlove:

no....oredy no.4. But the boots were those that have serrated sides......very difficult to clean and always kana during standby bed....thats the first area they checked!

Hypersonic

Darn right there. At my first job (not long after i heard from my classmate about his finger), the cleaner auntie knows the mother of one of the victims of the NZ arty (faulty ammo) accident. She said the compensation was only $8K... :a-bang:

Yes, I was told he was helping out when there was a bridging (i'm guessing must be MGB) exercise. So you were there? You know him?

If it the same person, than he is one batch younger than me.

At that time, signaler and medics are included in the exercise such as bridging, mine field etc

We help out wherever the PS want us to help.

But, after this incident, we were not allowed to do anything.

No more @#$3*&$#% together with the pioneer after completion.

• Praise 1

I heard so...but no choice...tekong also feed mosquito [shakehead]

she is the prettiest in our unit [inlove]

some riggers are not bad too :inlove:

same same go starlight wear their green and nights off go Beef Show :grin::a-toast:

starlight, lancer and crescendo no time to relax wan......the most is one days rest anf off again....sometime see the double bunk bed like knn.....got bed also like no point....only the footlocker is used to keep the important stuff! Where got time to see Beef show.....heng chun is a practically in the middle of a cemetary....

If it the same person, than he is one batch younger than me.

At that time, signaler and medics are included in the exercise such as bridging, mine field etc

We help out wherever the PS want us to help.

But, after this incident, we were not allowed to do anything.

No more @#$3*&$#% together with the pioneer after completion.

means you also moved from khatib to jurong camp? so you're signaller also?

i can imagine with such accident, SAF sure will react and then make sure only those trained ones can do those dangerous drills... heck, it is dangerous even for the trained personnel, what more the untrained ones...

Hypersonic
(edited)

means you also moved from khatib to jurong camp? so you're signaller also?

i can imagine with such accident, SAF sure will react and then make sure only those trained ones can do those dangerous drills... heck, it is dangerous even for the trained personnel, what more the untrained ones...

Seems like we are talking about the same guy.

I was a medic.

I moved to Jurong camp, and start to clear leave followed by ROD

Edited by RH1667
  • Praise 1

starlight, lancer and crescendo no time to relax wan......the most is one days rest anf off again....sometime see the double bunk bed like knn.....got bed also like no point....only the footlocker is used to keep the important stuff! Where got time to see Beef show.....heng chun is a practically in the middle of a cemetary....

• Praise 2

Roc me volunteer as controller as every night can book out then 2359 back

Very fun but went December super cold

Remember we sleep on wooden bed

Canteen break we eat Sweet not Spicy and Chicken Chop

Go watch RA movies

Beef show are milf performance

Thailand is night off massage drinking boring

Burnei I siam

Wah....lucky you! Troopers have no such luck. Roc for reservist i got a knee injury during the topo exercise......given a position as master sgt signaller....song song sit inside landrover for the whole highnoon exercise. But also no such luck as night off.......camp and training in the middle of nowhere for crescendo and starlight...only once did we went into town which was led by the ms. Lancer dont say.......can only see jungle and flying fox in the evening.

Please remember , NS is very important to Singapore. I will def mak sure my sons go through it, regardless of what vocation. I used to think otherwise

• Praise 4

I was a medic.

Hypersonic

So did you help to attend to my classmate when it happened? [laugh]

My most traumatic period during NS was in Jurong camp, SOCE, but that was before 30 SCE moved in. We also got the short end of the straw, as SOCE was the deepest inside the camp. When there was no transport out, we needed to walk min 15 min from our bunk before we reached the main gate [sweatdrop]

Oh, just below our bunk, there used to be some space where it was open field, and we practised some drills like pipe charge breaching minefield there. At the end of the field, was a fence, and on the other side was NTU already. Just a few years after that, PIE was extended from Jurong to link to Tuas, and this field became part of the linked PIE...

No, i think i was out field at that time, only heard about it when i am back. 

Than he was on MC for a while, than all the medics were very low morale, and after that we suddenly become " flower vase ", just stand one side ( under shade if possible ), main duty to ensure enough water supply and safety vehicle is on standby properly. 

• Praise 2

(edited)

I have to say although NS of today is no longer like yester year whereby we churns out batch after batch of fighting soldiers. At least we are still churning out boy scouts. So to me having NS is defintely a plus point for me. :a-happy:

Edited by maxsee333
  • Praise 1

When any soldier come face to face with the enemy, you say you pes E also no use what. The enemy will still try to kill you. Even if you excuse running you still have to run for your life. If you think it thru you know it's BS. Dont need to take so many years or when need of manpower just to realise it.

That is not exactly the issue. If you put soldiers with medical conditions on the frontline, the risk facing them will be higher. The guy that can't run fast for his life, in your words, get killed first in times of war. During peacetime or war, the system may also not be able to guarantee the medicine they need for their specific conditions will be available in the field.

But I guess what SAF is saying is they will stop using broad PES C & E classifications to determine the roles that you can serve in.

• Praise 1

That is not exactly the issue. If you put soldiers with medical conditions on the frontline, the risk facing them will be higher. The guy that can't run fast for his life, in your words, get killed first in times of war. During peacetime or war, the system may also not be able to guarantee the medicine they need for their specific conditions will be available in the field.

But I guess what SAF is saying is they will stop using broad PES C & E classifications to determine the roles that you can serve in.

Can use them to draw enemy fire while the rest watch for their hidden locations......
  • Praise 1

Turbocharged

When any soldier come face to face with the enemy, you say you pes E also no use what. The enemy will still try to kill you. Even if you excuse running you still have to run for your life. If you think it thru you know it's BS. Dont need to take so many years or when need of manpower just to realise it.

Over the weekend when I was taking train with my wife, we saw an uncle (probably early 70s) chase a closing door faster than a young man.

It's kind of odd why some old folks can be so energetic in times of urgency and become lembeh when they come close to a priority seat  [lipsrsealed]

I was a medic.

• Praise 1

Over the weekend when I was taking train with my wife, we saw an uncle (probably early 70s) chase a closing door faster than a young man.

It's kind of odd why some old folks can be so energetic in times of urgency and become lembeh when they come close to a priority seat [lipsrsealed]

Medic best, can see female casualty :yeah-im-not-drunk:

Remind me during one of our sbo run in east coast. We were running in company strength 1, 2, 3 and support and took the whole bicycle lane. A chio lady in shorts riding a bike saw us and tried to siam.......fell as her front tyre hit the slight kerb. Whole company stopped and some tried to help her but can see blood on her leg. Company medic on the landrover happy happy treated her.......while we continued on with the run.

If this happened yesterday....i think kana videoed, picture taken and posted in every media in sg for reckless soldiers causing injury to a civilian....

• Praise 1

It's kind of odd why some old folks can be so energetic in times of urgency and become lembeh when they come close to a priority seat [lipsrsealed]

Medic best, can see female casualty :yeah-im-not-drunk:

you mean during the attachment with civil defence ambulance service? if so..Yes to your answer. but no ..to not wanting to see female casualty. Definitely won't be lying nice nice on bed type
  • Praise 1

No, i think i was out field at that time, only heard about it when i am back. 

Than he was on MC for a while, than all the medics were very low morale, and after that we suddenly become " flower vase ", just stand one side ( under shade if possible ), main duty to ensure enough water supply and safety vehicle is on standby properly. 

sigh... 30 SCE got lots of injuries, even if they are not all accidents so jialat like my classmate - who btw, is doing quite well now.

I was posted to 38 SCE, and got regular coursemates from 30 SCE. One of them said he got posted there cos he injured his back over the years in 30 SCE... all due to bridging.

↡ Advertisement