National Service in Singapore

Scb11980

28 minutes ago, Atrecord said:

very enterprising. but not everyday needs to wash hor... maybe every Fri/Sat before book out only. Rest of the week must find other biz... 😅

Lat time I reservist we just came back from outcamp exercise . Asked us to wash tonner at 2 am before returning in the morning. We applied what we called the "wet look". Just splashed some water for show and all go back to bunk and sleep.

↡ Advertisement
  • Haha! 2

6 hours ago, Kopites said:

M113 ambulance. 2 person 

AI 4 to 5 person.

chey... then only wash vehicle siong. rest of the time relax mah... 

AI normal time need to do lots trainings.

not too bad a deal for you liao lah 😄

1 minute ago, Davidklt said:

Lat time I reservist we just came back from outcamp exercise . Asked us to wash tonner at 2 am before returning in the morning. We applied what we called the "wet look". Just splashed some water for show and all go back to bunk and sleep.

The MT line accepted the tonner which you guys did not washed?

7 minutes ago, Davidklt said:

reservist time, sure can do many things lah. 意思意思 then can liao lah... 😁

On 2/5/2020 at 8:46 PM, Lala81 said:

Captain who caused NSF's death has passed away.

https://sg.news.yahoo.com/saf-captain-tan-baoshu-who-was-discharged-over-ns-fs-death-has-died-055446247.html

Edited by Vinceng

When you hear the heart wrenching mourn and cries of Liu Kai's mother, it sends shivers down your spine. You raise your child to maturity only for him to pass on while serving NS. Such a waste.

• Sad 1

We fast march jin happy, how come can peng shan one? 

We move around the big guns, the smaller guys even walk without weapon. How come this new people like this one?

9 hours ago, Atrecord said:

chey... then only wash vehicle siong. rest of the time relax mah... 

AI normal time need to do lots trainings.

not too bad a deal for you liao lah 😄

You tried 2 person wash vehicle clear obm stock....clean up washing bay..shower at 5am...freezing cold with no heater.

19 hours ago, Atrecord said:

A or B?

The M113 we had to wash... was siong. Actually using the pressure hose to wash the mud off the vehicle, was not siong. But after that needed to clear the mud away from the washing bay and the manhole... was the killer. Had to jump inside the manhole filled with mud to knee or waist level, then scoop out the mud on wheelbarrow to wheel to outside camp to dump 😓

• Haha! 1

12 hours ago, Columbian78 said:

I think u are my senior. In late 90s we report in pasir ris park and up the tonner to hendon.

18 minutes ago, Desrongrong said:

i was too picked up at Pasir Ris

Did you all go straight to Pasir Ris camp for BMT/BCT? 

During my time, we reported to CMPB, then buses transported us to Hendon directly, because our BMT started in Hendon.

On 9/25/2020 at 4:39 PM, 13177 said:

Didnt know that jurong camp so big until need to walk >1km to the main gate?! Can build up the morale when you can see the civilian world while you are doing your training in your camp, esp can see NTU char bo?! Lol. Dont know during your era, the bus that goes to NTU is 199 or not. Cause i know bus 199 has been going to NTU as long as i could remember. Only later when NIE was house inside NTU and then they run another bus 179 to NTU.

SBAB also from the main road, if there's no MID vehicle, have to walk up to 15mins to reach the main gate.. Thankfully I was driving at that time.

On top of that, I had the license to drive MID vehicles so always give those guys a lift out whenever I'm on duty.

On 9/25/2020 at 6:11 PM, Weez911 said:

Commando and naval divers are still mono-intake, and will forever be this way, because their tekan and physical trainings are epic and have to start earlier.

Mono-intake means the bus fetch you directly from CMPB to Hendon camp, and the tekan starts from Day 1. 

Suffer or die. Never ask why.

Hopefully there is no more tekan. After so many deaths, you mean there are still people in the saf who don't follow training manual?

14 minutes ago, Weez911 said:

During my time, we reported to CMPB, then buses transported us to Hendon directly, because our BMT started in Hendon.

Picked up at PR and straight to Hendon. whole NS life in Hendon never been to PR camp.

• Praise 1

33 minutes ago, Kopites said:

You tried 2 person wash vehicle clear obm stock....clean up washing bay..shower at 5am...freezing cold with no heater.

When you were only 19-20 year old, you would not feel cold even shower with no heater at early morning or late at night de. I also dont know how i survived back then? Lol.

• Praise 1
  • Haha! 2

17 minutes ago, Beanoyip said:

SBAB also from the main road, if there's no MID vehicle, have to walk up to 15mins to reach the main gate.. Thankfully I was driving at that time.

On top of that, I had the license to drive MID vehicles so always give those guys a lift out whenever I'm on duty.

Walk 15 mins to reach main gate? Thats was consider quite a distance le! You were driving when you were in NS? Consider rich siah. Lol.

40 minutes ago, Weez911 said:

For me is report at pasir ris park on day 1 bmt. Go to hendon. First night and last night of my nsf i slept at the same building same floor same room same corner. Level 3 btw.

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 3