How problematic is VW's 7 speed DSG?

Kar_lover

Twincharged

They couldn't find any fault. Said need me to monitor and come back if occur again

This is comfirmed what they will say...no need to Guess... [furious]  [bigcry]  [thumbsdown]

Turbocharged

Now sitting at VW Macpherson waiting for test drive to solve some minor jerk at low speed...

Could be DSG quirk. I have a bit of jerk also, especially if i take my foot off the pedal at low speed in 2nd gear.

Seems Komoco quite willing to swap or do repairs to the 7 speed dual clutch on the i30. I guess it's the AD's approach to faults and repairs.  Have not encountered this myself, but fellow owners say it feels like loss of power at lower gear range. 

Twincharged

Seems Komoco quite willing to swap or do repairs to the 7 speed dual clutch on the i30. I guess it's the AD's approach to faults and repairs.  Have not encountered this myself, but fellow owners say it feels like loss of power at lower gear range. 

Japanese & Korean admit their own fault quickly [thumbsup] ,German,very thick Skinned... [thumbsdown]

Seems Komoco quite willing to swap or do repairs to the 7 speed dual clutch on the i30. I guess it's the AD's approach to faults and repairs. Have not encountered this myself, but fellow owners say it feels like loss of power at lower gear range.

Komoco did replace the clutch pack for those with juddering issue. The loss of power you mention is the firmware for gear 1-2, which was resolved through firmware update on existing gearbox
  • Praise 1

those 2014, 2015, 2016 VW Golf 1.4 TSI model equipped with the 7s DSG, still facing the issue? I am looking at it currently..

I'm looking at a 2011 1.4a tsi scirocco. Can buy?
  • Praise 1

That mean the current vw, seat, Skoda and audi using dq200 will have similar GB problems?

As i understand not all SEAT cars using dry clutch. Think Ateca seem attractive.. haha but dunno about their resale value

• Praise 1

Seems like there's also a 7dsg wet clutch which is equipped on newer versions of Golf GTI and R.

This version, dq380 or dq381, is the newer version of the more resilient dq250 used by older GTIs

For those looking at 7dsg, good to check if its dry or wet.

Lower power versions are usually the dry ones..

Thanks bro, just to add on (lifted from dsgcommunity)

- DQ200:

7-speed DSG transmission with dry clutch, most found on VAG-cars from 2007 till present day. With engine capacity between 1.0-1.9 litre. (Max torque 250Nm)

- DQ250:

6-speed DSG transmission with wet clutch, most found on VAG-cars from 2003 till present day. Mostly used on cars with a 2.0 litre or 3.2 V6 engine.

- DQ500:

7-speed DSG transmission with wet clutch, mostly found on Transporters 2009-2013 but also used in the Audi RS3.

- DQ380/DQ381:

7-speed DSG transmission with wet clutch, used in the Golf 7 GTI and Audi S3. Production started in 2015, widespread in China. In 2017 the transmission was more widespread in Europe. This transmission is a smaller version of the DQ500, which can be found on the Audi RS3.

The DQ381, is the 4 wheel drive version of the DQ380.

- DL501:

7-speed DSG transmission with wet clutch. (Audi S-tronic)

- DL382:

7-speed DSG transmission with wet clutch. Used in the Audi A4/A5/A6. Production started in 2015, it's the 2 wheel drive version of its predecessor the DL501. The 4 wheel drive version is called the DL382-7Q.

- DL800

7-speed DSG transmission with wet clutch. Rarely used, only in the second generation Audi R8 (2015-present) and the Lamborghini Huracan.

• Praise 7

Thanks bro, just to add on (lifted from dsgcommunity)

- DQ200:

7-speed DSG transmission with dry clutch, most found on VAG-cars from 2007 till present day. With engine capacity between 1.0-1.9 litre. (Max torque 250Nm)

- DQ250:

6-speed DSG transmission with wet clutch, most found on VAG-cars from 2003 till present day. Mostly used on cars with a 2.0 litre or 3.2 V6 engine.

- DQ500:

7-speed DSG transmission with wet clutch, mostly found on Transporters 2009-2013 but also used in the Audi RS3.

- DQ380/DQ381:

7-speed DSG transmission with wet clutch, used in the Golf 7 GTI and Audi S3. Production started in 2015, widespread in China. In 2017 the transmission was more widespread in Europe. This transmission is a smaller version of the DQ500, which can be found on the Audi RS3.

The DQ381, is the 4 wheel drive version of the DQ380.

- DL501:

7-speed DSG transmission with wet clutch. (Audi S-tronic)

- DL382:

7-speed DSG transmission with wet clutch. Used in the Audi A4/A5/A6. Production started in 2015, it's the 2 wheel drive version of its predecessor the DL501. The 4 wheel drive version is called the DL382-7Q.

- DL800

7-speed DSG transmission with wet clutch. Rarely used, only in the second generation Audi R8 (2015-present) and the Lamborghini Huracan.

Now I know why so many claim Golf 1.4TSI up lorry. Max torque DQ200 only 250NM. Once tuned already  [wave]

• Praise 1

As i understand not all SEAT cars using dry clutch. Think Ateca seem attractive.. haha but dunno about their resale value

seat, skoda and vw cars no resale value, don buy:)

cos its warranty is 7 years, hyundai hq also know its new tech, gb developed by hyundai subsidiary

• Praise 3

Now I know why so many claim Golf 1.4TSI up lorry. Max torque DQ200 only 250NM. Once tuned already  [wave]

many no tune also  :a-whiteflag:  

• Praise 1

Supersonic

Many don't know how to drive DSG - need to reduce creeping in jams.

Not all DSGs are the same, bro

Even VW DSG and Audi S-tronic have some minor differences (except the infamous lower spec DQ200 dry clutch). My A6 is using the DL382 wet DSG. Shifts are buttery smooth and no issues w stop-go creep

Can read more info on the difference types of DSGs here:

https://axleaddict.com/cars/DSG-Transmission-Variants

• Praise 4

Not all DSGs are the same, bro

Even VW DSG and Audi S-tronic have some minor differences (except the infamous lower spec DQ200 dry clutch). My A6 is using the DL382 wet DSG. Shifts are buttery smooth and no issues w stop-go creep

Can read more info on the difference types of DSGs here:

https://axleaddict.com/cars/DSG-Transmission-Variants

Are there issues with creeping using dry clutch DSG? I thought they just break down earlier.

Liddat how to go JB? Siao liao la! Lol

Still can go la. As long as you know what you are doing to your gearbox and accept that there might be a failure some time down the road...

how to reduce creeping in jam?

manually downshift 1 gear to move or set to manual to shift up/down

in heavy congestion i suspect DSG lug the car with 2nd gear and shift up prematurely

↡ Advertisement