How problematic is VW's 7 speed DSG?

Kar_lover

I believe all brands keyless systems are in some way vulnerable to such hacking. .. not just vw. That is the nature of this tech compared to physical key.

I carry additional locks when I drive to JB

↡ Advertisement

Pro: More secure as it takes time to break the lock

Con: Higher chances of carjacking

lock can double up as weapon for self defense in incidents of carjacking...

lock can double up as weapon for self defense in incidents of carjacking...

Ya right.

Try to use lock when a pistol or parang knock on your window.

Pistol cost RM 2k.

Assassin cost RM 5k

Ya right.

Try to use lock when a pistol or parang knock on your window.

Pistol cost RM 2k.

Assassin cost RM 5k

you wont take me alive!!!!!

eh , parang knock on my window I don't give a rat's ass about . Pistol different story

you wont take me alive!!!!!

eh , parang knock on my window I don't give a rat's ass about . Pistol different story

Got balls!!!!

Rather die than surrender car or money.

Supercharged

Got balls!!!!

Rather die than surrender car or money.

Doesn't mean they won't rape/kill or rape then kill u just because u surrender.
  • Praise 1

It's Okey. Contrary to popular belief. The robbers have conceince.

Vw owners are punished enough with the bad service provided by the agent and the high incident rate of the DSG failure.

Hi,

There is a community on Facebook which has more than 7K members who have got affected because of this problem.

You can know about it more there. :)

I hope it helps.

Audi's GB is the same as VW's DSG right? If so, I wonder if similar DSG problems plagued the Audi owners.

Audi's GB is the same as VW's DSG right? If so, I wonder if similar DSG problems plagued the Audi owners.

Depends on which model. e.g. The DL501 is unique to Audi as VW has no longitudinal mount.

I think only the A1 & the A3 shared the same "Almost" same Gearbox.

Depends on which model. e.g. The DL501 is unique to Audi as VW has no longitudinal mount.

The Casing may be  not the same,but how many % of Parts inside are shared.?

Not for long..... soon it will be all traverse-mounted engines for all Audi models. Sama sama VW
  • Praise 1

The Casing may be  not the same,but how many % of Parts inside are shared.?

The DL501 is very similar to the DQ500, just that it has been adapted for a longitudinal mounting.

Audi A4 and above uses the Longitudinal Gearboxes which are different from VW's dry clutch transverse DSG.

The front wheel drive Audis on the new A4 1.4, and current gen A6 and A7 uses the DL382-7F wet clutch gearbox while the Quattro variants found in the A4 and A5 2.0L uses the DL382-7Q. So far I havent heard of any major gb issues from these vehicles.

Ok thanks.

I think only the A1 & the A3 shared the same "Almost" same Gearbox.

The Casing may be not the same,but how many % of Parts inside are shared.?

Ouch! I'm thinking of getting either the A1 or A3 for wifey. I will need to investigate the GB of boths models.

Audi A4 and above uses the Longitudinal Gearboxes which are different from VW's dry clutch transverse DSG.

The front wheel drive Audis on the new A4 1.4, and current gen A6 and A7 uses the DL382-7F wet clutch gearbox while the Quattro variants found in the A4 and A5 2.0L uses the DL382-7Q. So far I havent heard of any major gb issues from these vehicles.

Thanks.

Incidentally I got the new A4 1.4. I should have just asked the PA folks on the GB.

The optimist in me think that perhaps DSG isn't really so horrendous, otherwise we should see more VWs in the workshops than on the road.

And perhaps there are plenty of VW's DSG cars that are working fine and dainty.

So, those VW owners with DSG GB that are working fine, pls kee chew!

↡ Advertisement