How problematic is VW's 7 speed DSG?

Kar_lover

I buy already. So it will be 4 months for you. Thank You. [laugh]

I guess I will need to wait 6 months, by the time my next servicing due.. :o

↡ Advertisement

Err...Where got other options that can give 160/240 @ < $130k?

Peugeot 308? I believe cheaper than Jetta but also have some reliability issue and not sure whether discon in SG cos go to sgcarmart under new cars -> peugeot, they only list 308cc, no 308. Maybe can consider 3008, only slightly more ex than jetta but again, have some reliability issue.

Citreon DS3 THP dun like and i want 4 door, tired of 2 door liao. Opel not even listed anymore. Skoda, dun like.

Peugeot has facelifted their new 308, which doesn't look as iconic as the pre-facelift version IMO. But having sat in the pre-facelift 308, the interior build quality is actually quite good =) The facelift version gets 1.6T 156bhp 6Tip VS 1.6T 140bhp 5AT if I'm not wrong.

Opel is still listed leah. They're still selling the Astra and Insignia, just that the dealer gave up handling Opel. Now I wonder who's taken over. Hahah.

Skoda, if only they had improve on their design, and not follow VW [Like what Seat is doing - and you can get a Seat through PI], they will surely improve on their sales.

• Praise 1

sat in a friend 2011 1.8 T skoda superb. oh man brute force when he accelerated! It is similar to a 2.4 litre car... No mods. The wonders of technology. by the way it's much more quieter than my wife's 2011 A4. I might change to that car once my car hits 5 year old. if I m not wrong it is a 7 speed dsg. Oh it is very well put together as well. I m very very surpise skoda can produce such a good car. But the interior looks like a 2010 VW passat, weird. It even has park assist, umber cool to see it in action.

Bro i don't mind owning skoda for a year.

Try having one for 5 years and tell me ur problems

I saw in the papers recently for the Mondeo, going at around 138k+

Yes, i went to the showroom. But dun like de design especially de rear lights. Interior also boring and lastly i bit too old ("uncle") for me. But yes, i agree its a very good deal but still over my $130k limit. Is dat offer still on?

• Praise 1

My car is stock la, stock is the best! anyway your car is lighter and handles better so I wouldn't dismiss it stock too....

Stock my butt....... [laugh]

sure boh no need so humble lah [:p]

what ur planned mod?

I will ask him, but since he got it as a 2nd hand , high chance he will also not know [laugh][laugh]

It's more of spoilt for choice. Don't know if I should go down the traditional IHE route again but considering it's only a 1.6NA, I might be disappointed. Then mechanical mods like clutch and flywheel and final drive are so pricey that have to wait till stock parts give way then change. Other than that, it's the engine internals which gonna cost a bomb and which I don't know much about.

:huh:

Yes, i went to the showroom. But dun like de design especially de rear lights. Interior also boring and lastly i bit too old ("uncle") for me. But yes, i agree its a very good deal but still over my $130k limit. Is dat offer still on?

Haha. Indeed the Mondeo is catching up with age.

The interior design hasn't changed a bit since the pre-facelift model. And yes, the rear tail-lights does look a bit edgy at night.

But with an interior space larger than the E-Class/ 5-Series, no wonder I see quite a few facelift Mondeo's on the road.

Next year, Ford will introduce a new Mondeo, following the Focus.

yeah i agree. me and you last time same car. but off the line you always faster than me. [laugh]

And my car is stock. So is yours......erm.....

Bro i don't mind owning skoda for a year.

Try having one for 5 years and tell me ur problems

Not a fair comment on skoda.

skoda had been constantly voted most reliable car of the year in UK ahead of many japanese brand.

sat in a friend 2011 1.8 T skoda superb. oh man brute force when he accelerated! It is similar to a 2.4 litre car... No mods. The wonders of technology. by the way it's much more quieter than my wife's 2011 A4. I might change to that car once my car hits 5 year old. if I m not wrong it is a 7 speed dsg. Oh it is very well put together as well. I m very very surpise skoda can produce such a good car. But the interior looks like a 2010 VW passat, weird. It even has park assist, umber cool to see it in action.

It is just lup turbo only. The simplest and easiest to gain power. No need wonders for that. Anyway, your current car is coming to 5 years and that is great but with the change, lets see how you can smile after that new car hits 5 years too. <_<

↡ Advertisement