How problematic is VW's 7 speed DSG?

Kar_lover

The optimist in me think that perhaps DSG isn't really so horrendous, otherwise we should see more VWs in the workshops than on the road.

And perhaps there are plenty of VW's DSG cars that are working fine and dainty.

So, those VW owners with DSG GB that are working fine, pls kee chew!

I also think that the DSG not that bad, else there should be no VW on the Singapore road.

: D

• Praise 1

Some will still go up the mountain even when people say got tigers. Haaa.

:D :D :D

VW variant as long as 1.4 TSI will couple with 7 Speed DSG. VSC should be the one that need to worry the most. [:p]

Edited by shakleewei

Audi A4 and above uses the Longitudinal Gearboxes which are different from VW's dry clutch transverse DSG.

The front wheel drive Audis on the new A4 1.4, and current gen A6 and A7 uses the DL382-7F wet clutch gearbox while the Quattro variants found in the A4 and A5 2.0L uses the DL382-7Q. So far I havent heard of any major gb issues from these vehicles.

bro my Q5 2.0T quattro wet gear box, MU change 3 times, go figure.

will never buy from VW or Audi .

bro my Q5 2.0T quattro wet gear box, MU change 3 times, go figure.

will never buy from VW or Audi .

Wowo.

Did your Q5 2.0T Mod before? such as Remap ECU .... Add Sprint Booster .... Tuned to gain more horse power?

Some said the DSG.no problem [thumbsup] ..[VW diehard fans]..Some said DSG [thumbsdown] [maybe VW rivals],i think,it depends on Luck & usage.

From a bigger picture standpoint, from VW owners all over the world - China, Australia, USA, Malaysia, etc., there are more
  • Praise 2

7sp DSG dry clutch gave me problems since 2nd week of ownership.my golf 1.4 tsi MU replaced 1x, reflashed 3x, but problem persisted till the day i sold the car. twice, almost got into accidents on highway because the car not moving for a few seconds (3 secs but felt like infinity) after i switched to right lane to overtake. car from behind almost rear ended into my car. probably thought i am an idiot. enough is enough. vw no more. to those who use left foot braking, take note the problem is much more frequent. i had to change to right foot braking to minimize the problem. And service at workshop quite poor. had enough.good riddance.

Edited by Whitecrow
  • Praise 2

Today,Newspaper,the new SEAT Agent "Claimed" the current 7 Speed DSG Auto is the best,it Claimed all problems has been settle....anybody..wanted to try.? :blink:

• Praise 1

Today,Newspaper,the new SEAT Agent "Claimed" the current 7 Speed DSG Auto is the best,it Claimed all problems has been settle....anybody..wanted to try.? :blink:

Vw very sly. Cannot sell diesel Tdi under vw brand due to emissions scandal and now they use another brand seat to sell to locals. Flee away folks from anything under vw group. They re great car scammers. The bloody 7 spd dry clutch gb is still as faulty as ever. Mu will spoil every 30k average. Get Renault diesel as their engine used in mb as well. The BMW 1.5l 3-Cyc diesel is the best in the market. Out of kindness I am warning folks here as i used to be a Tdi vw touran user. U have been warned!! Yes I am happy driving a very good diesel car brand with a Toyota gb now but it disturbs me that vw group tries to sell another diesel brand at cheaper price to get more sales to fund its recall exercise.

Edited by Munhua
↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 2