How problematic is VW's 7 speed DSG?

Kar_lover

I have been driving my x1 for 6 years now and compared with the golf, it is a lot more reliable.

Bring more worries? More like bring more women, i have 4 cha bors in the family jow hahaha.

Not really worried about bring more worries as i had previously owne a Very Worrisome golf! HahahH

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 2

Any idea which workshop know how to do this and what is the cost?

call alex from RS Tuning to check for compatibility First.

He should be able to quote you.

I have been driving my x1 for 6 years now and compared with the golf, it is a lot more reliable.

Bring more worries? More like bring more women, i have 4 cha bors in the family jow hahaha.

Not really worried about bring more worries as i had previously owne a Very Worrisome golf! HahahH

bmw problems tend to happen after 5 to 7 years. VW is earlier. so overall, if u come from vw, bmw should be better. if u come from jap, older bmw would be terrible.  

Edited by Felipe
  • Praise 2

I still see many 7 to 10 years old Jetta on the road, i saw in youtube that the DQ200 has been redesign, common fault part change to more rugged one and also changing to mineral oil.

Supercharged

I still see many 7 to 10 years old Jetta on the road, i saw in youtube that the DQ200 has been redesign, common fault part change to more rugged one and also changing to mineral oil.

Actually i no longer see ANY of the old gen Jetta (The fat model with round headlights and taillights) which are the 7 to 10 year old model.

Actually i no longer see ANY of the old gen Jetta (The fat model with round headlights and taillights) which are the 7 to 10 year old model.

I am still seeing a lot on the road. Frankly they look rather handsome for a mid size sedan.

• Praise 2

yup still a lot..

like my colleague VW golf 5 years on the road already. low mileage and never drove over the jam causeway.

but replaced the DGT two times already.

bought the extended warranty as it seem will fail again.

• Praise 2

I am still seeing a lot on the road. Frankly they look rather handsome for a mid size sedan.

Well I have seen both the mk 5 and mk 6 Jetta as private hire vehicles on our roads. Thought not as many as the vezels and other jap makes .

those 2014, 2015, 2016 VW Golf 1.4 TSI model equipped with the 7s DSG, still facing the issue? I am looking at it currently..

those 2014, 2015, 2016 VW Golf 1.4 TSI model equipped with the 7s DSG, still facing the issue? I am looking at it currently..

Yes....buy these high COE Cars only at "Paper Value".

Turbocharged

As long as the gearbox is DQ200, will have the issue.

As long as the gearbox is DQ200, will have the issue.

That mean the current vw, seat, Skoda and audi using dq200 will have similar GB problems?

Well,you buy first,& p/s report here any Problems... :mellow:

• Praise 1