How problematic is VW's 7 speed DSG?

Kar_lover

Will do, current milage coming 10k.one hell of a GB that I had ever use

From my previous experience of the DQ200 (golf mk 7 2014). It's a pretty not bad GB. Juz that rmb to flush your GB every 20,000km.

I rmb I asked VCS can flush the GB I top up the diff. The Service advisor say Sir dun wry it's long life oil. Then I go outside and get a workshop to flush the old oil. When the old transmission fluid came out, I was wtf so many black bits.

DQ200 use close to 2 litre of fluid that's why it's dry. It's not really expensive to flush shud cost less than $200 for original transmission fluid + original parts

IMHO, CVT and DQ200 all need TLC. As long as u willing to change the transmission fluid frequently, it shud last

Edited by alex976
↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 1

Thanks. Read the manual and found no service mentioned.

What are the parts that need replaced together with the fluid change?

Nothing,according to Agent...... [lipsrsealed] Hoped Your Gearbox will be alright...

Turbocharged

Seems like there's also a 7dsg wet clutch which is equipped on newer versions of Golf GTI and R.

This version, dq380 or dq381, is the newer version of the more resilient dq250 used by older GTIs

For those looking at 7dsg, good to check if its dry or wet.

Lower power versions are usually the dry ones..

Seems like there's also a 7dsg wet clutch which is equipped on newer versions of Golf GTI and R.

This version, dq380 or dq381, is the newer version of the more resilient dq250 used by older GTIs

For those looking at 7dsg, good to check if its dry or wet.

Lower power versions are usually the dry ones..

The dry one, dq200 can only go up to 250nm of torque. So anything else above that would be wet, which should be less prone to problems.

There are many versions, can google dsg to see. 

That said, the dq200 should have improved since the problematic one, and I don't think I have seen much complaints for those cars manufactured recently.

Thanks. Read the manual and found no service mentioned.

What are the parts that need replaced together with the fluid change?

i did mine at syncrowerkz at Toh Guan in 2015 and once in 2016 after that i changed car.

I rmb they changed all original parts cos u can watch them flush the transmission.

From my previous experience of the DQ200 (golf mk 7 2014). It's a pretty not bad GB. Juz that rmb to flush your GB every 20,000km.

I rmb I asked VCS can flush the GB I top up the diff. The Service advisor say Sir dun wry it's long life oil. Then I go outside and get a workshop to flush the old oil. When the old transmission fluid came out, I was wtf so many black bits.

DQ200 use close to 2 litre of fluid that's why it's dry. It's not really expensive to flush shud cost less than $200 for original transmission fluid + original parts

IMHO, CVT and DQ200 all need TLC. As long as u willing to change the transmission fluid frequently, it shud last

Bro, you are talking about changing the DSG gear oil or MU oil?

Bro, you are talking about changing the DSG gear oil or MU oil?

Mine was gear oil changed by Syncrowerkz at 20,000km interval.

The MU oil i did ask last time, they say its sealed and shud not be opened. I duno if any bros here had it opened and changed the fluid anot.

Twincharged

saw quite a few new GTI recently on the road.. having good offer?

anytime the GTi drop to 144 to 161K range is a good offer to trigger.

But it gets sold out very quickly as the SE normally get close friends or family to buy.

anytime the GTi drop to 144 to 161K range is a good offer to trigger.

But it gets sold out very quickly as the SE normally get close friends or family to buy.

wah maciam like private banking like that

got car connoiseurs waiting at sideline

also same like last time property was hot, got first choice private viewing order take at showroom for selected clients by SEs...

opps,,using SE terminology again....

Thanks for the infor. Hopefully renewing these oil will lengthen the GB lifespan

Read the youtube comments, quite informative.

Twincharged

Now sitting at VW Macpherson waiting for test drive to solve some minor jerk at low speed...

They will tell you "It is Normal"... [bigcry]  [furious]

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 2