Strange/Interesting Incidents/Characters During NS..

Vulcann

Any bros wish to share as per thread title?

I will start on the strange incident part.

Many many moons back me and a bunch of clowns were serving in one of the platoons in Falcon Coy at Tekong Camp 1 for our .

Folks that era would know that the double beds of each bunk were arranged in 1 rows on each side, with sections 1 & 3 on one side (separated by a gap) while 2 & 4 were on on the other side. I was in section 1 then.

And bros serving their "time" in Camp 1 would know that behind Falcon Coy was the SOC cum bayonet fighting ground.

On one particular cold & early morning around 3 plus, I awoke to hear some blokes marching and shouting some unintelligible commands. Thinking some overzealous DIs were takaning petrified recruits, I went straight back to bed.

"Poor SOBs," I muttered...

Next morning I happened to raise this incident and some of my section 1 buddies concurred that some poor b******s were kena tortured.

Now the interesting part.

Sections 2 & 3 claimed they slept like a log and heard absolutely nothing while section 4 mates claimed they heard the same strange marching cum commands.

Whatever it was we never did find out if there was any explanation to that strange encounter.

Oh BTW, it was a Friday morning which means the previous night was Thursday...

[sweatdrop] [sweatdrop]

Edited by Vulcann
↡ Advertisement

Any bros wish to share as per thread title?

I will start on the strange incident part.

Many many moons back me and a bunch of clowns were serving in one of the platoons in Falcon Coy at Tekong Camp 1 for our .

Folks that era would know that the double beds of each bunk were arranged in 1 rows on each side, with sections 1 & 3 on one side (separated by a gap) while 2 & 4 were on on the other side. I was in section 1 then.

And bros serving their "time" in Camp 1 would know that behind Falcon Coy was the SOC cum bayonet fighting ground.

On one particular cold & early morning around 3 plus, I awoke to hear some blokes marching and shouting some unintelligible commands. Thinking some overzealous DIs were takaning petrified recruits, I went straight back to bed.

"Poor SOBs," I muttered...

Next morning I happened to raise this incident and some of my section 1 buddies concurred that some poor b******s were kena tortured.

Now the interesting part.

Sections 2 & 3 claimed they slept like a log and heard absolutely nothing while section 4 mates claimed they heard the same strange marching cum commands.

Whatever it was we never did find out if there was any explanation to that strange encounter.

Oh BTW, it was a Friday morning which means the previous night was Thursday...

[sweatdrop] [sweatdrop]

So you decided to join the club of..

whacking the Sinkies?

Didn't it occur to you..

that the Sinkie males today are eithier beng or gay or retarded in some ways..

Or was it..you were slow to notice it at all? :D

One interesting incident during my time.

We were in Taiwan, on the departure day, suddenly there was a huge typhoon out at sea so we cannot leave the harbour. So decision was made to leave the next day. It so happened that the some Taiwanese awards ceremony was held at the indoor stadium in town.

We took a cab to the venue n stood among the crowd waiting for the stars to appear. My first time doing such thing. [laugh] Never like to chase after idols.

Some pics to share :

post-2654-1325038528_thumb.jpg

post-2654-1325038541_thumb.jpg

post-2654-1325038551_thumb.jpg

One of the trip, we were having a r & r stopover at Phuket, anchored off the popular Patong beach. Look at my beautiful Republic of Singapore Ship.

post-2654-1325039476_thumb.jpg

Anchored near us was a beautiful cruise ship(Sun Vista) from Singapore too. So much bigger than us, filled with eager passengers wanting to get off the ship to go ashore to party!!!

post-2654-1325039591_thumb.jpg

Our r & r lasted 3D2N only and we left to go back to SG. When we were back in SG, I was shocked to come across the news of the sinking of the cruise ship I saw in Phuket!!! [sweatdrop]

http://maritimematters.com/2010/02/a-cruis...-the-sun-vista/

One interesting incident during my time.

We were in Taiwan, on the departure day, suddenly there was a huge typhoon out at sea so we cannot leave the harbour. So decision was made to leave the next day. It so happened that the some Taiwanese awards ceremony was held at the indoor stadium in town.

We took a cab to the venue n stood among the crowd waiting for the stars to appear. My first time doing such thing. [laugh] Never like to chase after idols.

Some pics to share :

Wow you lucky blokes!!! [laugh]

We berthed at Darwin during MSTD and the divers SOP immediately went underwater to check for any damage at ship's underside & propeller.

Next morning the divers woke up and saw me and the cook fishing near the gangway.

Their face turned white when they realised what we were fishing: SHARKS!

Not big ones but large enough enough to cause serious damage if you mess around with them though.

They were basically not very interested in the frozen chicken we used as baits but swimming around it.

We departed the port of call without any pre-underway underwater checks at Darwin.

[laugh] [laugh]

One of the trip, we were having a r & r stopover at Phuket, anchored off the popular Patong beach. Look at my beautiful Republic of Singapore Ship.

Anchored near us was a beautiful cruise ship(Sun Vista) from Singapore too. So much bigger than us, filled with eager passengers wanting to get off the ship to go ashore to party!!!

Our r & r lasted 3D2N only and we left to go back to SG. When we were back in SG, I was shocked to come across the news of the sinking of the cruise ship I saw in Phuket!!! [sweatdrop]

http://maritimematters.com/2010/02/a-cruis...-the-sun-vista/

Same one in the photo?

[sweatdrop] [sweatdrop]