How to produce a Made-In-SGP car that sells?

KARTer

Need joint efforts from a few local big names:-

First, sgp car cant fight in the mass market coz we dont have the volume (domestic market) to kick start, so it gotta be some kind of low volume, highend cars which is not a bad thing coz profit margin is usually high vs mass market cars.

It must have backing / link with some local but World Class names, for example, if the car is somewhat linked to say SIA, at least pple will think maybe it deserves a second look?.... all sales, marketing, promotions, adverts etc will feature SIA girls prominently.....

To make it sweeter, first 1000 buyers will enjoy free upgrade when they fly SIA within 6 months of buying the car.

As for the interior and uphostery in the car, why not handmade by our very own something Choo, the world famous shoe maker? Surely he can stitch up something nice... even can do it made-to-order :D if the customer wants durability, he can specify sawphaikhwa skin... guarantee very thick and lasting

In this age of hi-tech motoring, we can use Creative's designers and know-how to take care of all the IT components, including the in-car sounds system.

Engine?.... dont worry, we can ask the sgp guy who now owns shares in MacLaren to make a deal to borrow designers or even whole engine / handling package for the made-in-sgp car.

Body shape? ...... this one not sure which local party / design team can handle it well and give us a super-duper sexy body to tempt all buyers? Maybe some FTs can help here?

So far, all major areas are covered, the remaining question: what type of highend, high performance car it should be? Sports car, or high performance 4door eg M3 type? Or life style car eg RangeRover Evoq?

Realistically speaking, why not let ST Engineering co-produce a 4X4 Evoq type of life style model using its expertise in rough terrain vehicles?

Imagine a Evoq-beater high performance SUV (MaClaren power+handling) bearing the Made-In-Sgp badge sponsored by world class aviation household name SIA (only Saab has such heritage linked with planes)!!!

All govt QY plates will be using this model, all TP and SAF will also use a stripped-down 'budget' edition. All applicants for PR / Citizenship will have to show their loyalty by ordering one. Overseas market: the MaClaren+SIA name will do the selling.

Anyone interested to subscribe for IPO??

MCF can also help / contribute: by providing a NAME for the car :D

Call it BEST ENDEAVOUR? (short for "I did My Best")

or Good Time (short for Many More GOod Years)?

or what? .............. maybe just OPERA (more refined form of wayang)?

↡ Advertisement

Maybe Temasek Holdings can consider taking over Saab. Then we will have our own brand... [laugh]

Straight forward and an instant range and production line!! :D

Good idea, they never failed to make a good investment.

So MY has Lotus, SGP has Saab? ...... even if it fails, at least all govt men and including ministers can take over / inheritate and use Saab as official cars before the production ceases and factories converted to something else :D

Singapore government very smart....no need to invest in car manufacturing industry lah.....bolehland invested billion in it and produced cars that can be sold at RM50 to 70K each......here ..zero investment...just need to issue electronic COE.....paper also no need ....and each can sell for >$70K Singapore dollar...... ..so mai siao lah....

Here are the requirements

1.) Wooden chassis with struts reinforced with paper tape

2.) Stretched reinforced paper monocoque body frame

3.) Option of colours to choose from

4.) Biodegradeable

5.) Incinerates completely within 10 minutes

6.) 1: 27 ratio

7.) Comes with ready driver

[thumbsup]

Here are the requirements

1.) Wooden chassis with struts reinforced with paper tape (used cable ties from SMRT depot boleh?)

2.) Stretched reinforced paper monocoque body frame

3.) Option of colours to choose from

4.) Biodegradeable

5.) Incinerates completely within 10 minutes

6.) 1: 27 ratio

7.) Comes with ready driver

[thumbsup]

Edited by KARTer

Good idea, they never failed to make a good investment.

Silly idea to manufacture cars to make a profit. Just print papers will do. Price of one paper can definitely equates to one car leow and maybe more. No need so much materials, technologies and resources etc. Just instructment the whole process with ink, paper and one or two clerks will do the job. If not enough money, print more papers will do. No need headache and "leh chey" to start an automotive manufacturing company. [:/]

Silly idea to manufacture cars to make a profit. Just print papers will do. Price of one paper can definitely equates to one car leow and maybe more. No need so much materials, technologies and resources etc. Just instructment the whole process with ink, paper and one or two clerks will do the job. If not enough money, print more papers will do. No need headache and "leh chey" to start an automotive manufacturing company. [:/]

I think if there is not enough money, printing less paper will earn more than printing more, as lesser paper drive the paper value up :D :D :D

The paper may equates to 2 cars if the number of papers are limited correctly.

Need joint efforts from a few local big names:-

First, sgp car cant fight in the mass market coz we dont have the volume (domestic market) to kick start, so it gotta be some kind of low volume, highend cars which is not a bad thing coz profit margin is usually high vs mass market cars.

It must have backing / link with some local but World Class names, for example, if the car is somewhat linked to say SIA, at least pple will think maybe it deserves a second look?.... all sales, marketing, promotions, adverts etc will feature SIA girls prominently.....

To make it sweeter, first 1000 buyers will enjoy free upgrade when they fly SIA within 6 months of buying the car.

As for the interior and uphostery in the car, why not handmade by our very own something Choo, the world famous shoe maker? Surely he can stitch up something nice... even can do it made-to-order :D if the customer wants durability, he can specify sawphaikhwa skin... guarantee very thick and lasting

In this age of hi-tech motoring, we can use Creative's designers and know-how to take care of all the IT components, including the in-car sounds system.

Engine?.... dont worry, we can ask the sgp guy who now owns shares in MacLaren to make a deal to borrow designers or even whole engine / handling package for the made-in-sgp car.

Body shape? ...... this one not sure which local party / design team can handle it well and give us a super-duper sexy body to tempt all buyers? Maybe some FTs can help here?

So far, all major areas are covered, the remaining question: what type of highend, high performance car it should be? Sports car, or high performance 4door eg M3 type? Or life style car eg RangeRover Evoq?

Realistically speaking, why not let ST Engineering co-produce a 4X4 Evoq type of life style model using its expertise in rough terrain vehicles?

Imagine a Evoq-beater high performance SUV (MaClaren power+handling) bearing the Made-In-Sgp badge sponsored by world class aviation household name SIA (only Saab has such heritage linked with planes)!!!

All govt QY plates will be using this model, all TP and SAF will also use a stripped-down 'budget' edition. All applicants for PR / Citizenship will have to show their loyalty by ordering one. Overseas market: the MaClaren+SIA name will do the selling.

Anyone interested to subscribe for IPO??

MCF can also help / contribute: by providing a NAME for the car :D

Call it BEST ENDEAVOUR? (short for "I did My Best")

or Good Time (short for Many More GOod Years)?

or what? .............. maybe just OPERA (more refined form of wayang)?

Hmm... I believe somewhat different from yours this time? Our COE makes it near impossible to get started. So not that much interest yet to design one that can storm the globe. You may be aware that such venture should be strictly export orientated with next to no surplus stock to clear in the local market (near impossible).

I would believe if it is to be fruitful, it got to be one others want to be linked to it, instead. Actually I believe something thats an alternative to Nano may sells even better than high-end product with many global competitors. Example: its selling like hot cake for the one making vehicle with mine-protection undercarriage.

I believe a good design is maintenance-less, as its no sweeteners. Example: some cars already comes with 20k km servicing intervals instead of 10k km.

I believe a petrol engine with hybrid FC would be a seller.

You appear to be hired promoter by MaClaren/SIA [laugh]

Made by singaporean possible...but made in Singapore is out of the question...where to find land huh if u talk abt mass pdtn? but if made those high end customised car..perhaps can give it a consideration... Can get A* to pioneer it...join hand w poly students in their final yr projects? [laugh][laugh]

Hmm... I believe somewhat different from yours this time? Our COE makes it near impossible to get started. So not that much interest yet to design one that can storm the globe. You may be aware that such venture should be strictly export orientated with next to no surplus stock to clear in the local market (near impossible).

I would believe if it is to be fruitful, it got to be one others want to be linked to it, instead. Actually I believe something thats an alternative to Nano may sells even better than high-end product with many global competitors. Example: its selling like hot cake for the one making vehicle with mine-protection undercarriage.

I believe a good design is maintenance-less, as its no sweeteners. Example: some cars already comes with 20k km servicing intervals instead of 10k km.

I believe a petrol engine with hybrid FC would be a seller.

You appear to be hired promoter by MaClaren/SIA [laugh]

Maintenace-free (except for oil change etc which are easy to do) cars are not hard to build, but most current car makers avoid making them coz they prefer to earn from servicing their customers' cars,and also let after market motor inductries survive. More importantly they want customers to buy another car every few years from them so they dont build lasting cars even it's technically feasible to make them.

Edited by KARTer

Made by singaporean possible...but made in Singapore is out of the question...where to find land huh if u talk abt mass pdtn? but if made those high end customised car..perhaps can give it a consideration... Can get A* to pioneer it...join hand w poly students in their final yr projects? [laugh][laugh]

Low-volume, hand-made (nearly) cars more suitable for manufacture here than high-volume mass market cars. I read recently out uni / poliys are quite good at making electric / hybrid prototypes?

Maintenace-free (except for oil change etc which are easy to do) cars are not hard to build, but most current car makers avoid making them coz they prefer to earn from servicing their customers' cars,and also let after market motor inductries survive. More importantly they want customers to buy another car every few years from them so they dont build lasting cars even it's technically feasible to make them.

Our local market seems not bad for those poorer road adhesion models (selling better than others). [:p]

↡ Advertisement