Gran Turismo 5 - Will one get bored with this game ?

Breezycity

GT5 - Fun or Boring after some time  

15 members have voted

1. 1. GT5 - Fun or Boring after some time

• Still Fun after 1 months
    • Still Fun after 6 months
    • Still Fun after 12 months
    • Regret Buying!

Hi All :

For the drivers here who play Gran Turismo 5 :

Do you get bored after a few months ?

I am thinking of getting the entire works : PS3 console, logitech g27 , seat just for this driving game...

Thanks !

↡ Advertisement

Hi All :

I am thinking of getting the entire works : PS3 console, logitech g27 , seat just for this driving game...

Thanks !

Regretted buying!! My logitech wheel is collecting dust in my wardrobe!! My wife already nagging at me to either sell or throw away..sigh!!

Hi All :

Thanks !

save the $$ and forget the entire works. get GT 5 and a few other games

Y you guys regret buying?

Never push yourself to better results?

The last I played with GT4... All gold for ALL license...

Play until 98% but cannot complete... Like there is a bug... cannot find the cars or meet the requirements to race the outstanding races.

Regretted buying!! My logitech wheel is collecting dust in my wardrobe!! My wife already nagging at me to either sell or throw away..sigh!!

same here..got the entire works as well, wheel stand pro and G27 [:p] [:p]

It is not hard to acheive gold results for all license (compare to gt1 &2).

When i first play the game, i feel that GT5 is more or less the same as GT4 cept for a few tweats in the mechanics. And i got bored after playing a few times. Then i realize the real fun is playing in a open lobby. You can challenge other players online or get a group of friends, setup some rules and play against each other. It is more challenging competing with other players compare to cpu.

For me, the game does get bored pretty fast but playing online will go a long way.

Play until 98% but cannot complete... Like there is a bug... cannot find the cars or meet the requirements to race the outstanding races.

could it be your skills?

Which wheel are you using? I'm thinking of buying either the G25 or G27..

Can PM me if you are thinking of selling the wheel..

Edited by Shull

Hi All :

Thanks !

Haha.. i was in the same situation as you 3 weeks ago.. and i make the plunge..

Bought a 160gb PS3 and the game.. But since i have a MOMO driving wheel lying around, i just use that temporarily.. I'm designing and gonna DIY my own wheel stand too..

And now i'm glued to the game..

You must really have passion for driving in order to enjoy the game. I turned off all driving assist to make the whole experience even more interesting. And i usually join some of my CivicFD Club mates on every fri 1030pm for online race.. :D

Edited by Shull

Trying to get gold for all the license.. not easy but that's what makes the game interesting..

When you're tired of racing, can play Spec B and just watch the money roll.. :D

Trying to get gold for all the license.. not easy but that's what makes the game interesting..

When you're tired of racing, can play Spec B and just watch the money roll.. :D

I dont have GT5... I got gold for all license in GT4...

Gold for all license in Gt4... skills not good???

In racing games, I was known as a Legend in WMMT :D ...

then you should bring your talent to GT5. take the racing community by storm.

You must really have passion for driving in order to enjoy the game. I turned off all driving assist to make the whole experience even more interesting. And i usually join some of my CivicFD Club mates on every fri 1030pm for online race.. :D

That I concur! If you play racin for fun only, need for speed series better for you. Turning off all driving assist brings the game to a whole new level. Sometimes even shear modding can't get you far without skills, especially for classic cars! And when you mastered a car that is hard to control (eg. The apline A310) the feeling is very shiok!

The only thing about GT5 is some of the cars library. The Audi and volkwagon selection quite pathetic compared with newer games like forza

Edited by Pocus

then you should bring your talent to GT5. take the racing community by storm.

Every year dont know spent how much in these...

Last time in WMMT > average $500 per month...

Stopped after getting a GF...

She bought me a PS to play GT4.... Stopped after cannot complete (I think due to bug)....

GT5 came out but I had moved on:-

Got into R/C drifting....

Stopped after these people are always late for drift meets....

Got into Go-Kart, stopped after accident, phobia, cannot drive fast like I used to..

Got into 1-1 car... stop after wife's pregnancy... Changed into MPV

Got into Off-Road Go Kart Buggy, stop after son is born...

2/3 months passed without "Motorsports", changed MPV to current bella...

That I concur! If you play racin for fun only, need for speed series better for you. Turning off all driving assist brings the game to a whole new level. Sometimes even shear modding can't get you far without skills, especially for classic cars! And when you mastered a car that is hard to control (eg. The apline A310) the feeling is very shiok!

The only thing about GT5 is some of the cars library. The Audi and volkwagon selection quite pathetic compared with newer games like forza

The Shelby Cobra is a pain in the a** to control. So is the RX7 and most of the American RWD monsters.. [laugh] [laugh]

But surprisingly, S2000 is not so tail happy as the other RWD cars..

Edited by Shull
↡ Advertisement