Mah consulted developers?

Without_a_car

actually HK is much worse off

their real developers are much more powerful there

that's why many Hong Kongers dislike Li Ka Shing and other property tycoons

if you tell me MBT receives "goodies" from the developers, i'll believe [rolleyes]

Be careful with your last sentence...

↡ Advertisement

smelt something fishy ... how come such incapable MBT can remain as Nat Dev Minister for so long?

which inner parliment group decides the re-appointment / posting of ministers? who has the final say? ask the person why..... :D

such potentially 'lucratiive' positions should be rotated at least and not allow 'seat-hogging'.... [:)]

which inner parliment group decides the re-appointment / posting of ministers? who has the final say? ask the person why..... :D

such potentially 'lucratiive' positions should be rotated at least and not allow 'seat-hogging'.... [:)]

really ta mah de. :D

Turbocharged

smelt something fishy ... how come such incapable MBT can remain as Nat Dev Minister for so long?

on the contrary, i think he is very capable... at earning money

he should be the CEO of a MNC instead of a minister

look at his babies... COE, ERP, COV, DBSS, BTO... all earning huge bucks for the reserve, but at the expense of us ordinary Singaporeans

thus he will forever be remembered as the villain here

he should never ventured into politics

[pirate] [pirate]

You sure he incapable?

I think developers made the most money during his reign...

look at his babies... COE, ERP, COV, DBSS, BTO... all earning huge bucks for the reserve, but at the expense of us ordinary Singaporeans

[pirate] [pirate]

CoV not him leh...

Frankly to be CEO I think he CMI. Remember that its too easy to make a cash cow policy, its without resistance so the part that is most difficult should be the thinking which gives the best returns...

Neutral Newbie

[pirate] [pirate]

This I agree. MBT is the best money making politician in the PAP since the dawn of time. Have never seen another that can outdo him at this. If he is paid on commission for all his ideas, I think he is easily the richest billionaire in Singapore (excluding Lee family which is not accounted for...).

Neutral Newbie

[pirate] [pirate]

What ever he did will go down on history for the future generation to condem him. Curse him. F*&% him.

This I agree. MBT is the best money making politician in the PAP since the dawn of time. Have never seen another that can outdo him at this. If he is paid on commission for all his ideas, I think he is easily the richest billionaire in Singapore (excluding Lee family which is not accounted for...).

How much you think the Lee dynasty is worth ???

now we have some 'enter via backdoor' MP also at the same time become 'enter via backdoor' director at some audit firm.

like that got conflict in stat boards auditing or not ah?

everyone can be best $ making politician but not many wants to be like him, his name is "一臭万年".

[pirate] [pirate]

Milking money from people is easy, especially when the people dun have a voice. When doing business is totally different ball game.

ST_IMAGES_ETDEVELOPERSe.jpg

President of the Real Estate Developers' Association of Singapore (Redas) Wong Heang Fine (far left) with Minister of State for Manpower and National Development Tan Chuan-Jin, guest of honour at Redas' 52nd anniversary dinner last night. Mr Wong says one analyst is of the view that the harsh cooling measures could tip the economy into a recession. -- ST PHOTO: DESMOND WEE

The Straits Times

www.straitstimes.com

Published on Dec 28, 2011

http://www.straitstimes.com/print/Breaking...ory_749439.html

Property curbs could hurt economy: Redas

Volumes, prices will be hit, but economists say dose of medicine needed

By Esther Teo, PROPERTY REPORTER & Cheryl Lim

The key organisation representing property developers warned on Tuesday night that the new cooling measures that sharply raised stamp duties could hurt the real estate market and the wider economy.

The president of the Real Estate Developers' Association of Singapore (Redas) said developers may face increased land costs. The curbs could also lead to a fall in home values, while possibly damaging the already fragile economy and dampening foreign investment.

Mr Wong Heang Fine highlighted the concerns during his opening address at Redas' 52nd anniversary dinner at the Ritz-Carlton, Millenia Singapore.

The Dec 8 measures - dubbed by some experts as the harshest out of the five policy moves since September 2009 - include an additional buyer's stamp duty of 10 per cent on foreigner home purchases.

Copyright

Developers are out to make money (naturally) and have no interest in solving housing problem whatsoever........... and any minister who buddies too closely and comfortably with them should be watched [:)]