Traffic issue (court related)

Kelvinlev

Neutral Newbie

Hi all, A happy new year to all!

Would like to ask on behalf a friend who went in to Malaysia few days ago, on the way to my customs, think he travel on the 3rd lane, meant for bus and larger vehicle and was stop by " white uniform" police, he wasn't not sure if its TP or police. Anyway, he received a summon, no fine amount indicated and the offence was "POTONG" (cut lane, I suppose), the strange thing was, like I mentioned earlier, no fine amount indicated, and the summon stated for him to go to court by a given date, 1/2/2012.

Anyone encountered this before? I have try to check online according to his summon serial no but seems no website available for this.

Firstly, don't flame my friend (though seems like well deserved) as the above offence deems flammable by most bros here which was "POTONG", right now, would like to be advised of what to expect or do in action for this summon.

Lastly, appreciate and thanks for any advice given here.

Regards

↡ Advertisement

Would like to ask on behalf a friend who went in to Malaysia few days ago, on the way to my customs, think he travel on the 3rd lane, meant for bus and larger vehicle and was stop by " white uniform" police, he wasn't not sure if its TP or police. Anyway, he received a summon, no fine amount indicated and the offence was "POTONG" (cut lane, I suppose), the strange thing was, like I mentioned earlier, no fine amount indicated, and the summon stated for him to go to court by a given date, 1/2/2012.

Anyone encountered this before? I have try to check online according to his summon serial no but seems no website available for this.

Firstly, don't flame my friend (though seems like well deserved) as the above offence deems flammable by most bros here which was "POTONG", right now, would like to be advised of what to expect or do in action for this summon.

Regards

If he received summons, then I guess they got his particulars. If so and he does not go to court, I guess he will be "wanted". Well, see what's the ruling of the court lor.

Better prepare some money before going to court.... You may have better luck asking what the summons entails in a Malaysian car forum, but confirmed will be flamed especially since your friend likely a Singapore car.

Turbocharged

Regards

care to take picture of the summon slip?

I also kena before, usually these kinda fine are compoundable, payable at any of their police station. But if you want to fight your case, then you can go to the court at the said time and date and argue your case.

You dint say if the summon is by my or sgp poodles. If its by MY... i would say FK it ... What's the worst that can happen? Some commandos travel sgp to burn down yr house? Or sniper in and hand cuff you and drag you kicking n screaming before throwing you into black van then drive back to MY?

Worst case change passport then go back again

If summon by sgp poodles... Then LAN LAN bring a thick wallet to court on prescribed date lor

$ can do wonders... Such s getting out of trouble

Turbocharged

You dint say if the summon is by my or sgp poodles. If its by MY... i would say FK it ... What's the worst that can happen? Some commandos travel sgp to burn down yr house? Or sniper in and hand cuff you and drag you kicking n screaming before throwing you into black van then drive back to MY?

If summon by sgp poodles... Then LAN LAN bring a thick wallet to court on prescribed date lor

Offence stated "POTONG" which clearly shows that it's in malaysia

Regards

go here and check.....MY traffic summons

TS, just check online on the status. If can pay online, just pay and keep the receipt. If it say need to attend court, just go with cash. I have a friend who kenna a court case too...he was surprised cos usually such offences if just paying fine at the police station. But he went to court, do a bit of waiting, asked for a translator... plead guilty and pay fine after that. Case closed.

there are cases of people who are banned from going into malaysia for a few years

hopefully your friend gets banned so that there'll be 1 lesser person trying to cheat his way and force others to wait

Neutral Newbie
(edited)

haha....yeah, I told him off also, for taking "extra lane", think he learnt his lesson though, give him a chance as he was issued with the summon....

tio bo?

Edited by Kelvinlev

Yup, be like the NZ guy who damaged the taxi then run off while on bail... he willingly avoid entering singapore again, so nothing can be done to him.

TS can advise your fren to avoid entering malaysia (for rest of life) then can ignore the summons! [laugh]

Seriously, what's the use of changing passport?? His name will be on their database anyway, and you can't use false name for passport here unless asking for more trouble...

no big deal, juz thrash it. no way they can trace to you too. at least that is wat i did. however try not to drive into malaysia in the same car as they will stop u based on license plate

no big deal, juz thrash it. no way they can trace to you too. at least that is wat i did. however try not to drive into malaysia in the same car as they will stop u based on license plate

That's quite an inconvenience, isn't it?

Until you sell off that car, it is confined to this little island.

Unless TS has multiple cars, in which case, loaded enough so might as well pay the court fine and avoid potential trouble!

Neutral Newbie

I agreed, guess should just pay and solve everything, without the need to worry for so much subsequent unpredictable troubles to come.

Thanks for all advice!

Just queuing at the wrong lane can receive a summon? Too unforgiving in my opinion.

A lot of people cut Q. Supposed to Q on the left most lane

↡ Advertisement