Any1 Jumpstart before using cables?

Friendstar

2 minutes ago, Kb27 said:

Your battery is new. Electrolyte (specific gravity, or SG) may be weak, which means it can go flat quite fast, when not charged. Weak means it's more like water instead of acid. SG can be checked with a hydrometer.

To restore SG you need to do an equalizing charge typically for a couple of days. That's what I do. It's a charging voltage of 15.8V...and monitoring the battery to make sure it does not overheat.

Your alternator (typically output 14V) does not do that. So no point you run the engine around.

Wah bro too technical Liao, my capabilities only limited to change windscreen wiper or jump start the car using the battery pack. 

This kind of services issit available in the so called battery shops? To recharge my car batt to the tip top shape?

↡ Advertisement

54 minutes ago, Ahseng said:

Wah bro too technical Liao, my capabilities only limited to change windscreen wiper or jump start the car using the battery pack. 

This kind of services issit available in the so called battery shops? To recharge my car batt to the tip top shape?

I seldom see batt shop doing recharging as it's easier just to sell you a new one. Thereafter they recharge the discharged but still good battery and sell it at a profit again.

27 minutes ago, Wildfaye29 said:

how much? does it have to be connected to wall plug to charge?

https://www.aliexpress.com/item/32880436386.html?spm=2114.12010612.8148356.1.3e415892CKidf6

Mine is around 70 bucks if I remembered corectly.

Yes, plug one end to the AC socket and the other end of crocodile clip to the batt.

I just took out a MINI battery, a bit of hassle as I need to remove few components but it's fun.

• Praise 1

15 minutes ago, Hamburger said:

Mine is around 70 bucks if I remembered corectly.

Yes, plug one end to the AC socket and the other end of crocodile clip to the batt.

I just took out a MINI battery, a bit of hassle as I need to remove few components but it's fun.

only good for ppl who stay landed leh

Supersonic
4 hours ago, Ahseng said:

ctek charger has a Recond mode, which basically does the equalizing charge of 15.8V

https://www.ctek.com/products/vehicle/mxs-5-0

16 minutes ago, Hamburger said:

Maybe it's your alternator that's not working properly?

if alternator is problem, i will cannot start even if change batt?

Or what kind of problem would surface? as i've just change car batt in the morning

1 hour ago, Ahseng said:

if alternator is problem, i will cannot start even if change batt?

Or what kind of problem would surface? as i've just change car batt in the morning

If alternator issue, there would not be electricity supply for your spark plugs (with a flat battery). The engine won't run. 

Supersonic

Before you can kickstart your engine into running, you need electricity to power the pumps (oil, fuel, injectors, etc), provide high tension to the plugs, power the computers, sensors, etc.

All these electrical power comes from the battery, the alternator is still not functioning at this time, when the engine is not running.

After the engine is started by the battery turning the flywheel and all the ancillary systems are working, it spins the alternator (via a belt) which then provide all the electrical power needed for the entire car. At this time, the battery is no longer providing the power, but sits there quietly getting charged by the alternator.

And the above cycle repeats when you shut down the engine.

↡ Advertisement