CNA: No "Party Politics" When Appointing Advisers: PA

Vulcann

Really?

Hmmm...

From CNA:

http://www.channelnewsasia.com/stories/sin...1174686/1/.html

No "party politics" when appointing advisers: PA

Posted: 04 January 2012 1023 hrs

SINGAPORE: The People's Association (PA) said it does not get involved in "party politics" when appointing advisers to grassroots organisations (GROs).

It was responding to media queries on whether Mr Anthony Loh, appointed on Tuesday as adviser to the Bedok Reservoir-Punggol grassroots organisations to replace former Foreign Minister George Yeo, will be fielded as a candidate in the next general election.

PA said in appointing advisers, it selects the candidate best able to lead the GROs in serving the residents and it looks at three criteria - his ability to do the job, his passion for serving the community, and whether he has the support of grassroots leaders at large.

Most importantly, he must also have the willingness to serve.

PA said its mission and that of its GROs is to connect people to people; people to government; and government to people.

PA and GROs aim to build social capital by bringing people from all backgrounds (across ages, races and estates) together to bond, to promote racial harmony and social cohesion.

GROs provide platforms that facilitate interaction amongst residents and neighbours, helping them to deepen friendships, and strengthen mutual trust and support in the community.

PA and GROs also help connect people to government, as well as government to people.

GROs feedback to government issues that affect people; and GROs disseminate the thinking behind government policies, and why these policies are for the general good of the people.

PA and GROs also help to promote government campaigns and implement government social programmes.

Grassroots advisers lead and guide the GROs on the work of the PA.

They are the link between government and people.

- CNA/ck

↡ Advertisement

Turbocharged

Really?

Hmmm...

From CNA:

http://www.channelnewsasia.com/stories/sin...1174686/1/.html

No "party politics" when appointing advisers: PA

Posted: 04 January 2012 1023 hrs

SINGAPORE: The People's Association (PA) said it does not get involved in "party politics" when appointing advisers to grassroots organisations (GROs).

It was responding to media queries on whether Mr Anthony Loh, appointed on Tuesday as adviser to the Bedok Reservoir-Punggol grassroots organisations to replace former Foreign Minister George Yeo, will be fielded as a candidate in the next general election.

PA said in appointing advisers, it selects the candidate best able to lead the GROs in serving the residents and it looks at three criteria - his ability to do the job, his passion for serving the community, and whether he has the support of grassroots leaders at large.

Most importantly, he must also have the willingness to serve.

PA said its mission and that of its GROs is to connect people to people; people to government; and government to people.

PA and GROs aim to build social capital by bringing people from all backgrounds (across ages, races and estates) together to bond, to promote racial harmony and social cohesion.

GROs provide platforms that facilitate interaction amongst residents and neighbours, helping them to deepen friendships, and strengthen mutual trust and support in the community.

PA and GROs also help connect people to government, as well as government to people.

GROs feedback to government issues that affect people; and GROs disseminate the thinking behind government policies, and why these policies are for the general good of the people.

PA and GROs also help to promote government campaigns and implement government social programmes.

Grassroots advisers lead and guide the GROs on the work of the PA.

They are the link between government and people.

- CNA/ck

I have two words of advice for everybody that reads this...

1. Buy a sturdy umbrella and carry it at all times (falling pigshit stinks)

2. Buy pork NOW - the price is sure to go up soon as flying pigs are hard to catch

Disclaimer here - although I mention pigs, this is no way intended to insult anybody or anyone, it's just used as a common saying where I come from

Who just fark? Very smelly.. All the b-------t...

U mean fart rite? If fark got smell, something wrong somewhere or just pure BO. [:p]

2. Buy pork NOW - the price is sure to go up soon as flying pigs are hard to catch

Disclaimer here - although I mention pigs, this is no way intended to insult anybody or anyone, it's just used as a common saying where I come from

Too late, CNY coming, bak kwa price go up oready.

if they get in someone from opposition party, then they can truly claim no party politics

Seriously bro...

[rolleyes]

<quote> PA said in appointing advisers, it selects the candidate best able to lead the GROs in serving the residents and it looks at three criteria - his ability to do the job, his passion for serving the community, and whether he has the support of grassroots leaders at large. </quote>

So, Mr Sitoh, is a better advisor that Mr Chiam See Tong, who had been serving there more than 20 years... whichever SGporean gonna believe this rubbish ?!

Correct what.

By appointing this Anthony guy, PA is avoiding political trouble, so won't get involved in party politics lor.

Your Kiwi humor never cease to amaze me [laugh]

if they get in someone from opposition party, then they can truly claim no party politics

This one will happen on Dec 21 2012 the day after Doomsday.

↡ Advertisement