205,000km Later on a Skoda Superb

Echelon

It was about 5 years ago when I bought my Skoda Superb 1.8T. I found the brand though this very website and from the Skoda community here.

I am more than happy with my ride and experience. Being such a used car, I will definitely accelerate the wear and tear duration and had parts changed. Currently my ride is sitting at the workshop to have it's cam changed as there was some issues with it. I am expecting a deeper ride after this. Its almost like a mini-overhaul.

After this, ride will be powerful for the next 5 years. - Its true when people say that the car is a keeper and Skoda drivers seldom change their ride.

↡ Advertisement

Great to see a skoda having so much milage and you have the intentions to drive it for another 5 years or even more.

Mind sharing what went wrong with your cam which caused the mini overhaul and what made you think there was a problem with it in the first place before sending it to the workshop?

Thanks!

Honestly, do u think if we talk about jap cars, will there be a need to change the cams at the 5th year or 200,000km mark?

I doubt so.

Jap cars are more durable. That's why I buy jap cars

Honestly, do u think if we talk about jap cars, will there be a need to change the cams at the 5th year or 200,000km mark?

I doubt so.

lol... don't start this discussion here about japanese cars vs whatever cars... it is endless... everyone is happy with different things about their cars... I am glad you are happy about the durability of your car... I am happy with my Skoda too :)

go to the korean car vs vios/altis thread... it has been trending for almost 2 1/2 years already and still going strong... :D

I doubt so.

200,000km is a lot of miles........ [sweatdrop]

every brand will have issues no matter conti or jap. I'm sure there will be jap cars to with cam issues too.

reliable o not is very individual. I know if people whose car's parts need to change after 3 years and they say its lousy. why? just because need to spend $ to change parts which is common wear and tear?

as long as you don't have to go back to the workshop every few weeks to try and fix the same problem, then I feel its fine.

sometimes these problems can be avoidable... so lets share. :)

I feel Skoda range of cars are good, feature packed cars with underrated performance.

Heck, even if the badge is not as prestigious compared to other contis, it still makes a good proposition for the money.

But I am just not feeling the exterior looks of the cars..and that's a deal breaker.

It was about 5 years ago when I bought my Skoda Superb 1.8T. I found the brand though this very website and from the Skoda community here.

I am more than happy with my ride and experience. Being such a used car, I will definitely accelerate the wear and tear duration and had parts changed. Currently my ride is sitting at the workshop to have it's cam changed as there was some issues with it. I am expecting a deeper ride after this. Its almost like a mini-overhaul.

After this, ride will be powerful for the next 5 years. - Its true when people say that the car is a keeper and Skoda drivers seldom change their ride.

What engine oil did you usually use for the past 5yr?

200k is ok mah, in fact I'm about to clock 500k in total driving experience(12 years) in the next 1-2 weeks. :D

My current ride is already almost 180k.

200,000km is a lot of miles........ [sweatdrop]

I just traded in my 8 years old C-class at 210,000 km for another C-class.

Reliability is not only for the Jap cars as perceived by many people.

200k is ok mah, in fact I'm about to clock 500k in total driving experience(12 years) in the next 1-2 weeks. :D

My current ride is already almost 180k.

OMG!! ............. how many times you needed to change things like timing belt etc?

the reason why Skoda is not popular here is due to the bad experience from the old Skoda in the 90s..the model that was very similar to Lada sumara...

make no mistake: today's skoda is super best value for money [thumbsup]

After checking out the showroom and a test drive of the new Superb 1.8, what I can comment is a under price car with VW parts. Most buyers are/were paying just for the brand. Only a small group of buyer like you, are well taught through and practical. Skoda is actually VW, VW is actually Audi or Skoda might just be Audi now.

If Bros check on Toyota website, they have quite a few brands. So would you are buy that other brands? 10 years ago, I believe Skoda is a big concern on where to find spares. At present, things have evolved. Many or most spares parts of interchangeable between VW , Skoda and Audi. VW is just milking more money from buyers who buy VW flagship brand. [thumbsup]

↡ Advertisement