WAZE - GPS apps for drivers

Beng2

Waze is my favourite GPS nav now....both in SG and MY (MY need data plan but so far ok, not much data used).

We had long time discarded the portable GPS (my favourite that time was tom tom)... Galactio/papago...followed by yrs ago the inbuilt GPS for Borneo motors/C&C  (which is ok initially but outdated very fast and almost impractical/too costly to update).

But with Waze, i dont need all that anymore.

Reasons:

1) Give pretty accurate time of arrival to destination based on current traffic. Sometimes, will try to self challenge the ETA but most of the time cant be faster (unless riding on bike).

After a while, i learn to respect the route chosen and try to follow obediently.

2) Warn me of slow traffic ahead due to accidents (minor/major) or hazard (car stop, roadworks), minimising chance of chain collision or choice of wrong lane (depends on other users input)

3) Slow down or remind user to keep to speed limit for Pollice mobile speed trap ahead (hidden or visible - yes again dependent on other user input), stationary speed camera, red light camera. 

For navigation....i have no issues 90% of the time. In fact for bigger/larger  open airHDB carpark that has few entrance/exit, it even direct me  right next to the POI/shop destination.

Few mths ago where i had to visit 5 dormitories in a single day,  at various ULU locations, waze almost never disappoint me to go to these 50-60 places all over SG.

Due to all the above benefits,   even when i know the route eg to work/school/hospitals etc....i still switch it ON, and at the same time try to help other Waze users by entering important information like police presence, hazards etc.

Dont trust me....just give it a try for few days in order to realise how useful it is and how it may help to minimise unwanted incidents.

If you have carplay/android auto, whether wireless or wired, thats good, and easy, otherwise just get a reasonable phone holder and use it on your hp.

Just sharing good stuff - i am not benefiting from this.

↡ Advertisement
  • Haha! 2