WAZE - GPS apps for drivers

Beng2

Neutral Newbie

I'm trying Waze after seeing this thread. Seems promising. Will give it a go for a few weeks.

↡ Advertisement

Not too bad, but it's true, the searching options are limited.

I start a thread, share and recommend some good apps from Iphone and Android.

At least friends here can have more options whats good whats not.

Not too bad, but it's true, the searching options are limited.

I start a thread, share and recommend some good apps from Iphone and Android.

At least friends here can have more options whats good whats not.

pls do start a thread and share! :)

the software not bad actually as a reporting device. Esp when Android don have much such report software compare to iphone - Summon Auntie/Traffic etc. But the GPS really not realiable leh =.="

Instead of looking at the jam stripes, why not ask it to guide u? It helps to avoid trap in jam yesterday nite.

Otherwise, join the close group in FB call Waze in Sg. Maybe u complain there better.

Instead of looking at the jam stripes, why not ask it to guide u? It helps to avoid trap in jam yesterday nite.

Otherwise, join the close group in FB call Waze in Sg. Maybe u complain there better.

You mean there's such function in Waze to route you to another no jam road?

the jam stripes will only appear when other Waze users update the spot as slow, or heavy traffic.

Yes, but lately a lot of report but no stripes, because early morning I will normally check the stripes, now without stripes very difficult to estimate.

You mean there's such function in Waze to route you to another no jam road?

Yesterday @ 7pm, i was routed from Upper Boon Keng Rd to Changi Village via KPE & TPE. I guess it is to avoid jam on PIE.

Yesterday @ 9+pm, i was routed from Changi Village to Upper Boon Keng Rd via TPE & PIE. I guess this is the shortest route given lighter traffic at that hour.

Nowadays, i trust it a lot at all hours. I juz follow its instruction. I was routed to road that i nvr know.

Neutral Newbie

Waze is widely used in Malaysia but it requires your mobile data to be turned on. I used it when I was in Penang over the CNY and found it to be very useful. If the roads are jammed up, it would help redirect you to a faster route.

I also used Waze during my drive at the NSH. However, I thing turning on Waze with the AES Detector app seems to cause the AES Detector app to switch itself off. Waze helps to inform you of mobile speed traps along the highway.

The only issue with Waze in Singapore is the lack of user updates making the app rather useless. You really need more social inputs to make the app more useful.

My two cents..

• Praise 1

Yesterday @ 7pm, i was routed from Upper Boon Keng Rd to Changi Village via KPE & TPE. I guess it is to avoid jam on PIE.

Yesterday @ 9+pm, i was routed from Changi Village to Upper Boon Keng Rd via TPE & PIE. I guess this is the shortest route given lighter traffic at that hour.

Nowadays, i trust it a lot at all hours. I juz follow its instruction. I was routed to road that i nvr know.

You need to use the routing function I suppose so that it will route you off the jam areas?

Waze is widely used in Malaysia but it requires your mobile data to be turned on. I used it when I was in Penang over the CNY and found it to be very useful. If the roads are jammed up, it would help redirect you to a faster route.

I also used Waze during my drive at the NSH. However, I thing turning on Waze with the AES Detector app seems to cause the AES Detector app to switch itself off. Waze helps to inform you of mobile speed traps along the highway.

The only issue with Waze in Singapore is the lack of user updates making the app rather useless. You really need more social inputs to make the app more useful.

My two cents..

Maybe someone can advise me on this, I have a MY SIM with 3G, whenever I go to Malacca, half way thru, the network will gone, and gone till I reach Malacca, vice versa, it seems like only way to rectify it is to switch off and turn on again, quite a hassle...

Any solution to this?

Also I was at PG last week, half way thru the bridge also no signal, but that one can understand.

Turbocharged

Maybe someone can advise me on this, I have a MY SIM with 3G, whenever I go to Malacca, half way thru, the network will gone, and gone till I reach Malacca, vice versa, it seems like only way to rectify it is to switch off and turn on again, quite a hassle...

Any solution to this?

Also I was at PG last week, half way thru the bridge also no signal, but that one can understand.

if you are on android, there are apps that allow you to restart network connections with a touch.

else you turn on airplane mode then off again.

Neutral Newbie

Guess it depends which network your SIM card belongs to. I use roaming so it hooks onto whichever network that has the strongest signal.

My two cents..

That's the problem on this island. Ppl complain that it is useless. It is because these complaint ppl nvr contribute but expect miracle to happens.

Whenever possible, i will contribute to the road condition i drove. I even pave road & contribute block no as well as address.

Guess it depends which network your SIM card belongs to. I use roaming so it hooks onto whichever network that has the strongest signal.

Wah, ur pocket very deep le. I only use Maxis. RM5 per day for 5GB data. Cheap cheap.