Automatic (robotic) vacuum cleaner

Leech

Bros, anyone using one of these? Wife asked me to get one and I would like to seek some advice before spending the few hundred dollars (certainly not buying the electrolux or karcher models which cost a few thousand bucks). Which brand is good value for money? Thanks in advance

↡ Advertisement

I am using the Samsung Navibot. Frankly....get a actual vacuum cleaner and do some exercise yourself better. Use the money saved to go for a good meal.

• Praise 1

Supercharged

I have 2 vacuum cleaners one of which is iClebo. It doesn't rely on "walls/lighthouse" as it has a camera onboard to map out the area to be cleaned. It comes with vacuum and "mopping" function. Despite not able to do corners and under the recliners, it still managed to do a thorough job.

The only thing that I don't like is the maintenance. Other than that, I can say it is a lifesaver to me as my place is undergoing upgrading works and I am a cleanliness freak. For those who leads a hectic lifestyle, this might be a good option provided the area to be vacuumed is not cluttered.

Edited by Qpik

bro

i had a samsung navibot 8845. worked quite well but sometimes cannot go back dock when very far away and always get stuck if u got chairs. but quite good.

then around 1yr spoilt. suddenly cant on. so now im using a Neato XV-12 i brought in from the USA

If you have pets at home, highly recommended as it does picks up alot of dropped furs.

Basically don't think it is able to cover your whole floor area, due to battery limitation.

You still need to spend time mintaining your robot weekly if use daily! (To me it seems fun, like a hobby)

Expect to replace your battery after 1.5years costiing around $100.

For me, I am a happy owner of the roomba.

I have iRobot Roomba (vac only) and Scooba (very light vac + mostly mobbing). I like it....clean enough for me. But have to factor in batt replacement which usually last about 1yr - 1.5yr, if you use it at least once a day, everyday.

so now im using a Neato XV-12 i brought in from the USA

I'm using a Neato as well. The room scan is cool and I like that it runs over each part of the floor just once.

My friend sell vacuum cleaner in Courts, ask him whether these robot is gd, he say forget it, dun waste money. Juz a fad. Not gd to use.

• Haha! 1

I'm using a Neato as well. The room scan is cool and I like that it runs over each part of the floor just once.

honestly speaking its worse than my navibot. it doesnt dock all the time and it has to pass by the dock once before u can let it go back. thats if it can even find its dock.

also, it doesnt know where it is per se. its only inertial navigation so where it starts it will end.

It doesn't mean being the sales person, he is the best advisor. Recently I went to courts and ask them if they carry Philips steamer/blender combi, and they tell there's no such product. I just tell them, if u don't carry it's fine with me, just don't try to b-------t me abt non existence of the product. Subsequently I got it from Robinsons as they have a new year sale on the product (they advertised on the papers)

I've used IRobot Roomba/Scooba combo for 5 years and I can tell you that it's good enough to keep an uncluttered house clean. In fact, it's even cleaner than mopping the floor myself. I just need to take care of the corners that it can't reach.

My friend sell vacuum cleaner in Courts, ask him whether these robot is gd, he say forget it, dun waste money. Juz a fad. Not gd to use.

I have been using I robot for around 8 years because I used to have a cat. You do not expect the outcome of the cleaning compare to hand on one. I should say it serve 60-70%. It is reliable and the current one is the second one. The first one didn't break down except the battery. I would suggest to get a extended warrenty.

• Praise 1

most dust and dog fur gather at the corners of the house....since these bots cant clean edges properly, no pt buying a half-fuk machine.

↡ Advertisement