Certificate of Entitlement prices continue to slide

Ithunk

18497734-CarolineChia01.jpg

Certificate of Entitlement (COE) prices softened at the first tender of 2012 on Thursday, continuing a slide that started in November.

COE prices for cars up to 1,600cc ended at $46,889, down from $50,001 two weeks ago. COE for cars above 1,600cc finished at $65,801, down from $70,003.

Open category COE, which can be used to register any type of vehicle but ends up mainly for bigger cars, fell from $71,000 to $65,700.

The rate for commercial vehicles dipped slightly from $39,589 to $38,699.

Motorcycle premiums bucked the trend by rising from $1,481 to close at $1,682.

Motor traders said the market has been quiet in past weeks because of the year-end holidays; and because the final sprint to hit 2011 sales targets is now over.

http://www.straitstimes.com/Motoring/Story...ory_752160.html

↡ Advertisement

The quota cut news will come out soon enough to drive every kiasu buyer back to the showroom!!

The invisible hand will try all means to keep COE high.

Even if scrap also lost until siao... Just keep the high COE ride to the end of 10year.

I am trying to keep my year 06 ride to 2013 to 2014 hoping the COE drop to 20k to 30k range.

Neutral Newbie

Even if scrap also lost until siao... Just keep the high COE ride to the end of 10year.

I am trying to keep my year 06 ride to 2013 to 2014 hoping the COE drop to 20k to 30k range.

I think all the 05 / 06 are waiting for the same so quite diffcult for the drop to happen

I think all the 05 / 06 are waiting for the same so quite diffcult for the drop to happen

If drop average of 2k a month, in 1 year it will be 25k again! Or the end of the world happens in 21 Dec 2012, then COE is $1 [laugh]

If "contraction" (new word for recession, just like ponding) comes, then the people who are waiting to buy car to replace their existing ones also do not dare to buy if their jobs are in jeopardy.

Let me know when it really slides...

Thats absolutely right.

Drop of $5k is really a small drop

when the price is still so high.

:D

Edited by Jamesc

Thats absolutely right.

Drop of $5k is really a small drop

when the price is still so high.

:D

Agreed, even drop 5-6K also doesnt makes a difference. COE price still cost above $40K! -_- Only COE is around 20-25K then consider low.

Edited by 13177

the Coe hold at $28++ k for quite awhile until the huge bids come in.

blame on the taxi companies for fighting the Coe with pte cars.

Agree.. to me, there is no such thing as a surplus COE in 2013-14. Dunno y so many people subscribe to that idea. [hur]

To me, the rise in the number of COE issued during that period will be fully negated by the very same people who has scrapped their cars and back in the market looking for a new ride.

COE prices will only drop significantly during 2013-14 only if kena economy crisis or most of the people who scrap their cars during that period will not buy car again - which is extremely unlikely.

the Coe hold at $28++ k for quite awhile until the huge bids come in.

blame on the taxi companies for fighting the Coe with pte cars.

Ya .. and they only fight in Cat A category, not cat B even though some taxis are obviously >1600cc.

Stupid LTA policy on making life difficult for the average citizen who really need a car for family/work reasons.

↡ Advertisement