DBS Internet Banking Down... GPGT!!

Ivan_06

obviously since the loss of money in the DBS/POSB accs are all over the news, its normal for the website to be down due to spikes in requests. Be patient and wait for a while. The bank has already guaranteed that all lost monies will be refunded to your account.

Dont come here and post these comments every few mins. Its like calling your gf 10 times in 5 mins and then u claim that she missed 10 of your calls....

Some background for fellow forummers, copied from Reuters:

Jan 5 (Reuters) - DBS Group Holdings , Singapore's biggest bank, said on Thursday it is investigating complaints from about 200 customers of unauthorised withdrawals of funds in Malaysia, through the use of the bank's debit and automated teller machine (ATM) cards.

The bank said it immediately de-activated the compromised cards and was taking steps to compensate customers in full.

DBS said in a statement late on Thursday that the average amount withdrawn was about S$1,000 per account. "We are treating the matter with utmost priority and would like to assure customers that they will be fully compensated for any unauthorised withdrawals within 24 hours," Jeremy Soo, head of the bank's consumer banking unit in Singapore, said in a statement.

Separately, state broadcaster ChannelNewsAsia reported that the police are investigating unauthorised withdrawals from DBS accounts and those of its POSB brand.

Cases of unauthorised transactions or fraud are rare in Singapore, which is one of Asia's largest wealth management centre and a regional base for many foreign banks. DBS suffered from network glitches that affected its ATM and internet systems on July 5, 2010. (Reporting by Saeed Azhar; Editing by David Holmes)

kena DOS by its own news therefore lots of ppl trying to access now to check...even i cannot login now....next stop will be mata station, will see long queue machiam queueing up to buy condo or hello kitty.....LOL

Malaysia boleh. those kena r sibei suay. i tot kuai kuai stay in singapore is safe from boleh land con men. But now look like not safe anymore. [thumbsdown]

Hypersonic

Lucky I am customer of Milo Tin Bank. Check...$1....$2...., ok my $2 still there.

[laugh] Bro, got anymore space in your tin? I want to somewhere to safekeep my last $1.50. [:p]

Neutral Newbie

"We are treating the matter with utmost priority and would like to assure customers that they will be fully compensated for any unauthorised withdrawals within 24 hours," Jeremy Soo, head of the bank's consumer banking unit in Singapore, said in a statement.

Anybody,

Does he mean the bank will give back the money within 24 hours

or that only unauthorised withdrawals of $$$ made and reported - within these 24 hours only - will be returned - meaning you got to check and report during this 24-hour time window, else all transactions are considered "authorised"?

Please enlighten me because he is being quite obtuse. That's why there is an online-bank run as of now.

If they do not know money's gone and hence do not file report, they will not get anything back. U can't expect a commercial organization to comb through every details as they have a very busy business to run and it is simply too expensive to go through all accounts to verify. If you are the CEO, will you approve

And I think the "guarantee" has conditions. Imagine they have to make good hundreds of millions. How to justify to shareholders. If you are the major shareholder, will you be happy

what if those auntie uncle didnt check their account...would the amt be returned to them?

Turbocharged

If they do not know money's gone and hence do not file report, they will not get anything back. U can't expect a commercial organization to comb through every details as they have a very busy business to run and it is simply too expensive to go through all accounts to verify. If you are the CEO, will you approve

And I think the "guarantee" has conditions. Imagine they have to make good hundreds of millions. How to justify to shareholders. If you are the major shareholder, will you be happy

wasn't there a MAS ruling that banks have to guarantee all deposits per person up to $50k?

Not sure.

The old 100% govt owned POSB, yes.

Cos if anything go wrong, they can activate SAF boys and reservists (aka free labor) to comb through every single bank account

wasn't there a MAS ruling that banks have to guarantee all deposits per person up to $50k?

That's in the event that the bank closes shop and defaults on all its debts...fraud doesn't count but it is likely that DBS has sufficient insurance that covers such losses from criminal actions...

↡ Advertisement