3m normal and crystalline solar film

Samshio

No la, they only stock VLT 70 & 90 films. ie only LTA approved VLT

DS Stocks other VLT crystalline films

Crystalline films also approved by LTA right?

I called Tuff clad more expensive than DS

↡ Advertisement

Hi All,

Jus got a quote from DS Specialty Services, 3M Crystalline at $800 and no remove fee. So in Crystalline is there only 1 series or many series?

Anyone can advise

Thanks

Chogokin

Hi All,

Jus got a quote from DS Specialty Services, 3M Crystalline at $800 and no remove fee. So in Crystalline is there only 1 series or many series?

Anyone can advise

Thanks

Chogokin

It’s a good price Liao!

Crystalline is only one range, but you can choose different darkness of tint

It’s a good price Liao!

Crystalline is only one range, but you can choose different darkness of tint

Ya. But I was told tat front 3 panel must use CR90  and rear 3 panel can use CR40 or CR70. CR90 is the weakest wonder how it perform under hot sun.... 

Hi All,

Jus got a quote from DS Specialty Services, 3M Crystalline at $800 and no remove fee. So in Crystalline is there only 1 series or many series?

Anyone can advise

Thanks

Chogokin

For what car? Thanks

Ya. But I was told tat front 3 panel must use CR90 and rear 3 panel can use CR40 or CR70. CR90 is the weakest wonder how it perform under hot sun....

CR90 isn’t enough for our heat. I know coz my car got CR90.

I would use something darker n with better IR rejection rate.

Ya. But I was told tat front 3 panel must use CR90  and rear 3 panel can use CR40 or CR70. CR90 is the weakest wonder how it perform under hot sun.... 

If your car don't already come with tinted glass and is relatively clear, can try CR70 for front and CR40 for rear. Usually can clear inspection as CR70 allows ~70% of light, so after installing will be just slightly below 70%. The total solar rejection I think is about 20% more compared to CR90. But install at own risk hor.

From LTA website: "... Thus, tinted glass or films are allowed provided it allows at least 70% of light to pass through the front windscreen and side windows, and 25% through the rear windscreen and passenger windows."

Is the heat reduction properties of the 3M crystalline good?

My stock glass VLT is 75%/25% and I am comfortable with the darkness.

I only wish to reduce heat.

I don't want to spend on a clear film that does not reduce heat.

Is the heat reduction properties of the 3M crystalline good?

My stock glass VLT is 75%/25% and I am comfortable with the darkness.

I only wish to reduce heat.

I don't want to spend on a clear film that does not reduce heat.

The films I use before (vcool, Cool n lite, Rikecool) are effective in reducing heat. Recently went to put crystaline - $900 very chor. haha

Just slightly better than my previous film which is rikecool. But the price on hindsight maybe not so worth. haha

Singapore weather if park under afternoon sun, 3M or how many M also no use. Inside after 2 hrs will be hot also. Haha

Most important is get something that is proven, as many given their opinions and feedback on. Don't expect totally no heat can le.

Borneo Motor provide 3M solar films for their Toyota. For those whom purchased a Toyota recently, how to tell whether Borneo Motor provided a standard 3M solar film or the upgraded crystalline film?

I just collected my car from Borneo Motor recently and they could not provide me with any certificate or document for the solar film. They just say any problem with the solar film just go back to them. The SE promise to give me the 3M crystalline film in sales agreement (stated black and white) but during car collection there were no evidence in form of certificate or document provided to say it is crystalline..... Is this normal practice from Borneo Motor?

13 minutes ago, Octopus said:

Borneo Motor provide 3M solar films for their Toyota. For those whom purchased a Toyota recently, how to tell whether Borneo Motor provided a standard 3M solar film or the upgraded crystalline film?

I just collected my car from Borneo Motor recently and they could not provide me with any certificate or document for the solar film. They just say any problem with the solar film just go back to them. The SE promise to give me the 3M crystalline film in sales agreement (stated black and white) but during car collection there were no evidence in form of certificate or document provided to say it is crystalline..... Is this normal practice from Borneo Motor?

Did they ask you to register for the warranty online after you collected your car? The website will show which grade of film being installed.

22 hours ago, Soundphile said:

Did they ask you to register for the warranty online after you collected your car? The website will show which grade of film being installed.

The guy whom handed over the new car did not tell me to register for warranty online. He just say any problem with the solar film just return to Borneo Motor and they will rectify.

Finally contacted my SE and he told me about the 3M website to check. Need to wait for 2 weeks then info will appear.....

https://www.3m.com.sg/3M/en_SG/automotive-window-solutions-sg/support/warranty/

On 11/23/2020 at 12:31 PM, Octopus said:

I know Lexus give crystalline and if not wrong Toyota give normal. But both under Borneo so won’t be surprise if Toyota is able to get crystalline for client to sweeten the deal in order to close it.

On 11/23/2020 at 12:31 PM, Octopus said:

@Octopus I had this issue before. Paid for Crystalline but Classic was installed. When asked during the collection, they admitted error and replaced on the spot for the 2 side rear windows. Weeks later, discovered the back screen was also in error. There was no QA. Now I know that Crystalline has a pinkish reflection, and you will notice it when you wash your car.

↡ Advertisement