3m normal and crystalline solar film

Samshio

any recommendation where to install 3M Crystalline? preferably at a workshop with a dust free room to avoid dust being trapped

↡ Advertisement

Never going to patronize Vkool Sin Ming after installing 6 cars previously with them.

Send our newly collected A4 for installation last year, with the instruction not to wash the car after they install.

They went ahead to wash it and worse, one if the doors had a dent because they park it outside after installation, next to their neighbor’s van that was doing unloading.

I wanted a new door, they say can only pay fo PDR repair. And they told me as a FYI that since my car is not s super car, so don’t the special right to remain parked inside their working area after installation.

Left negative comments on their Facebook, but it got removed somehow

So ok, no super car, won’t go back anymore

• Praise 1

If the price difference between 3M normal and 3M Crystalline is $300.

Which should I choose?

Depends on how long you plan to own your car, how often do you drive, will it be mostly during day time and how sensitive are you to the sun's energy?

I went for the Crystalline as I drive often and plan to keep my car for the foreseeable future.

Edited by hyperdrive

Depends on how long you plan to own your car, how often do you drive, will it be mostly during day time and how sensitive are you to the sun's energy?

I went for the Crystalline as I drive often and plan to keep my car for the foreseeable future.

Plan to own for 10 years.  

Saw many Parallel Import car with black rear window and windscreen. Crystalline same black as those PI car? 

Those PI cars might have factory fitted privacy glass at the back which will make the tint even darker. Pay a visit to the installer and they should be able to demo the effect and look of the tint with different grades on your windows. If you want to go for those really darken windows, you'll probably have to remove the tint before the first inspection in 3 years time. Do note LTA's standard is 70% light transmittance for front and 25% for rear.

Also how dark the tint is is not related to how effective it is to reduce/reject sun's energy as shown in this video. Skip to 3m 18s to see what I meant. Use the youtube Englise subtitle in settings if you don't understand Mandarin.

https://youtu.be/gD1ARoCmgcI?t=2m39s

Edited by hyperdrive

Those PI cars might have factory fitted privacy glass at the back which will make the tint even darker. Pay a visit to the installer and they should be able to demo the effect and look of the tint with different grades on your windows. If you want to go for those really darken windows, you'll probably have to remove the tint before the first inspection in 3 years time. Do note LTA's standard is 70% light transmittance for front and 25% for rear.

Also how dark the tint is is not related to how effective it is to reduce/reject sun's energy as shown in this video. Skip to 3m 18s to see what I meant. Use the youtube Englise subtitle in settings if you don't understand Mandarin.

https://youtu.be/gD1ARoCmgcI?t=2m39s

Thanks for sharing.

3M Crystalline seems so nice.

3M Crytalline is very good in rejecting heat but if u want block light, best are those magnetic shades. can easily remove for inspection etc

Hi. Can i know roughly the price to change the solar film of my car. Im driving toyota vios. Any of you have any place to recommend

(edited)

Hi. Can i know roughly the price to change the solar film of my car. Im driving toyota vios. Any of you have any place to recommend

i used this place before, Stealthworkz. $488 for whole car including removing existing tint.

not bad for the price.

the boss can even demo the film using the heating bulb.

but he won't be able to remove your rear window film as it would damage the heating strips. but he'll install clear film onto it.

i installed it on my car for the last two years on my ex car... no complaints from me.

Edited by Nine_eleven

Any recommended shop for 3M solar film?

Go only to DS Specialty services. They have the full range of crystalline film.

Do not go to Tuff-Klad even though they are 3M distributor, I regret my install there.

Do not go to Tuff-Klad even though they are 3M distributor, I regret my install there.

Any price range and types of films?

Can't get any info off the web.

3M crystalline will range between $900-$1000.

I installed at AD for 1.3k so expensive but effective for heat rejection :D

Last car used CNL Titan 900+ also not bad:)

I see. Tuff-klad provided a poor workmanship?

I see. Tuff-klad provided a poor workmanship?

No la, they only stock VLT 70 & 90 films. ie only LTA approved VLT

DS Stocks other VLT crystalline films

Edited by Nine_eleven
↡ Advertisement