My Emails with LTA over CTE ERP pricing

Wind30

Bro, i just serviced my car and forgot to insert the cash card...went thru a gantry and kana summon - wrote email to appeal ( this is my 2nd time in 6 years ) - give me standard reply letter ..die die must make extra $8 from me for a genuine mistake...so what's e moral of the ERP - to catch people like us...i bet they make more out of people's oversight than thru actual road pricing...(&^%#$@(

Their intention is to make as much $ out of us as possible. Theres no 2 ways about it. [mad] :angry:

↡ Advertisement

Their intention is to make as much $ out of us as possible. Theres no 2 ways about it. [mad] :angry:

then a few smart alecs inside go bogus handiwork and loot the $

then a few smart alecs inside go bogus handiwork and loot the $

Yes unfortunately some not so experienced at milking the system n end up getting caught.

Those smarter ones can milk the system fr many many years n never get caught. <_<

Turbocharged
(edited)

You're mistaken and the LTA officer who replied for whatever reason didn't address you on this at all. All he/she talked about was why you had to pay (as the slip road is technically part of the CTE).

I use the exit to Upper Serangoon Road all the time as my GF and I stay on both sides of the exit (turn one direction to hers, the other to mine). There is only one gantry that we need to pass through. The second gantry is for those who do not take the slip road to the PIE and Upper Serangoon Road. As such, those who travel to the city go through two gantry's and those who exit go through one.

Same thing when driving from the other direction. Those who exit from Braddell and after go through two gantry's, while those who exit to the PIE and Upper Serangoon Road go through one.

As such your initial statement that those who exit end up paying the same is factually wrong.

I don't understand your scenario as you did say where you enter the CTE from.

I enter the CTE from YCK entrance. I can assure you 100% that I pay the same ERP rates for exiting the CTE towards PIE (near braddel) as for people travelling to the City. This is a fact. Nothing wrong with it. Any tom dick harry who uses the CTE knows that.

Everyone has to passby the AMK Ave 1 ERP gantry if you enter the CTE southbound From AMK/YCK. As for the second gantry, there is one for the slip road to PIE and one for CTE southbound SIDE BY SIDE. The weird thing is that they set the ERP rate of exiting to PIE/Serangoon road the same as travelling on CTE southbound when they are totally two different roads.

The rates are the same so I have totally no idea what you are talking about.

Edited by Wind30

Turbocharged

Yes unfortunately some not so experienced at milking the system n end up getting caught.

Those smarter ones can milk the system fr many many years n never get caught. <_<

definately. You know what they say about cockroaches. If you see one in your house, you can be sure that there is 10 others you did not see.

At least they are doing something about it now. For dunno how many years, nobody did anything...

take your email...go see your MP...if he don't understand...give him a ride to show him what you mean...grap the chance...they are listening now...

Supercharged

I wrote a few emails to Ah Lui and PM Lee about few issues before, including CTE ERP, reducing number of cars, etc

Ah Lui never reply personally. He forward to LTA Quality Service to answer my questions.

And I suspect they use a standard template answer, just like what that stupid comfort delgro did during the MRT breakdown.

About my email about how to reduce number of cars on the road, I suggested to give some incentives to encourage current car owners to give up driving, the LTA went on explaining that COE certificates are recycle back into the system. So no point asking more drivers to give up cars.

What kind of answer is this? The current policy is not helping with the current problems, then change the policy, in order to adapt to the current problems. Policies are man made, and never cast in stone.

Never once Ah Lui answer to my emails. This is what we are paying millions of salary to him......

press them for more answers and they will provide a solution...all erp everywhere $10... increasing prices has always seem to be the solution of policy makers for every problem~

I enter the CTE from YCK entrance. I can assure you 100% that I pay the same ERP rates for exiting the CTE towards PIE (near braddel) as for people travelling to the City. This is a fact. Nothing wrong with it. Any tom dick harry who uses the CTE knows that.

Everyone has to passby the AMK Ave 1 ERP gantry if you enter the CTE southbound From AMK/YCK. As for the second gantry, there is one for the slip road to PIE and one for CTE southbound SIDE BY SIDE. The weird thing is that they set the ERP rate of exiting to PIE/Serangoon road the same as travelling on CTE southbound when they are totally two different roads.

Ahh thats why. Let me clarify. When I say the 2nd gantry I was referring to the additional ERP gantry that was added to make the costs for those exiting and those heading into the city or PIE (Tuas)different.

Essentially what you remember as the 2nd gantry out of two has become the 2nd gantry out of 3. An additional gantry has been added just after the end of the slip road, and the old ERP price has been split.

For e.g. when I've only gone in when the price used to be $1 or $2, and now when I go in at the same timings, its is now $0.50 and $1 respectively.

On the occasions where I have gone into the city at these timings it becomes $0.50 x2 or $1 x2 instead of $1 x1 and $2 x1 respectively. Thus those who exit to Upper Serangoon Road and PIE (Changi) do pay less than those that continue to use the CTE past these exits.

The same additional gantry was done for north bound traffic. Those who exit at Upper Serangoon Road or PIE (Changi) go through the same old gantry, but those who exit after have to go through another new gantry. For e.g. what used to be a $1 ERP cost is now $0.50 x2 for those who exit from Braddell onwards, while those who exit at Upper Serangoon and PIE (Changi) pay $0.50.

In your case you're paying to use the CTE for the stretches of AMK Ave 1 to Braddell Rd, then Braddell Rd to PIE (Changi)/Upper Serangoon Road. For those that go further there is another payment for PIE (Changi)/Upper Serangoon Road to PIE (Tuas).

Edited by Elfenstar

what is LTA's email address?

let us all start sending them emails with regards to this matter, the ERP at that location is indeed stupid

i guess they are simply trying to recover the cost of erecting an ERP at a stupid location

better still, all use the same letter. lol

Supercharged

Similarly there's no justification for the gantry at Thomson Rd near the nurseries. As if motorists have an alternative route.

My bad bro. You are 100% right!

Just went on a short drive since I went to pump petrol the 2nd gantry after Braddell Rd towards the city has been removed. It used to be right after the overpass section.

the reality is if the erp there is removed, every northerner wil start using the cte to join the pie and the traffic builds up again. then another person travelling to the city via the cte wil b complaining abt these freeloaders.

Neutral Newbie

That one ever since 1965.... One generation after another and another.... The 'akan datang' one, not so easy anymore. New campaign, 'THREE is ENUF'

Turbocharged

My bad bro. You are 100% right!

Just went on a short drive since I went to pump petrol the 2nd gantry after Braddell Rd towards the city has been removed. It used to be right after the overpass section.

edit your old posts lah... it just confuses everyone... including me... I almost wanted to drive down and double check if I was correct...

edit your old posts lah... it just confuses everyone... including me... I almost wanted to drive down and double check if I was correct...

You can only edit for a short while after you first post. After that you can't liao.

↡ Advertisement