PM Lee /w Ho Ching paid visit to China Celebrity Show

CKP

From PM Lee gets 'star' welcome in Hunan

PM Lee gets 'star' welcome in Hunan

He walked onto the set of a variety show at the popular Hunan TV station for a look-see and was greeted by deafening screams.

These came from about 100 teenage girls - many with highlights in their hair - who were there yesterday for the recording of the top-rated show, Tian Tian Xiang Shang (Day Day Up).

Grinning, the special guest told them in Mandarin: 'I am not filming today, just here to take a look.'

For that one minute or so, Prime Minister Lee Hsien Loong was accorded TV star treatment.

He was visiting the famous media outfit as part of his tour of Hunan's provincial capital Changsha.

Despite being a provincial station, Hunan TV has a national reach and is very popular in China for its entertainment and variety programmes.

Ranked No. 1 in the country last year, it boasts hits such as period drama serial Huanzhu Gege (My Fair Princess) and the American Idol-esque show, Super Girl.

But the Singapore leader is quite sure he is not the station's latest star.

'The students were all very enthusiastic, and they gave me a warm welcome. Not because of me, but because they were enjoying the show,' an amused Mr Lee told Hunan Acting Governor Xu Shousheng after the visit. 'I don't think they knew who I was, they were just enjoying themselves.'

photo-56641.jpg

photo-56642.jpg

photo-56643.jpg

photo-56648.jpg

photo-56645.jpg

photo-56644.jpg

photo-56646.jpg

photo-56647.jpg

Anyone who followed local TV remembered when was the last time PM Lee and wife made such an appearance at local variety shows?

:ph34r:

Edited by CKP
↡ Advertisement

(edited)

I dont think daily daily news can be compared to a highly rated celebrity entertainment show like Hunan TV.

Different class.

News is obligatory, entertainment show is optional and ... beyond the call of duty?

[cool]

Edited by CKP

If LHL appear on local variety show, there will be people saying he waste tax payer money or something along the line of paid $2million to attend variety show.

Please lah, even if he appear in China variety show, most probably is an invitation from the locals and it will be plain rude to turn them down.

Besides it most prob is after official working hours and he still has to "entertain".

Of course people will come running in and said that, because he is paid 2million, he needs to work his ass off. oh well...difficult to please....

Im nt too sure if he is a Hunan Changsha...if yes, the chinese girls there r one of the best I hv came across...Chio....

Unfortunately, he has a very unique taste for woman... Wasted.. [laugh]

Im nt too sure if he is a Hunan Changsha...if yes, the chinese girls there r one of the best I hv came across...Chio....

think any gal u just pick there with eyes closed also chio-er than the one beside him

It is....

Heard the place is now what cp was 5-8 years ago

Edited by Galantspeedz

Unfortunately, he has a very unique taste for woman... Wasted.. [laugh]

it was an imperial decree from the emperor. he have no choice but to concur.

Our PM's wife definitely doesn't win any style awards but kudos to her promoting our local talent.

http://mothership.sg/2016/08/ho-ching-brought-along-a-blue-pouch-to-white-house-designed-by-pathlight-school-student/

loved dinosaurs when i was young, this guy can draw their silhouettes quite well.

good share.. im gonna buy this for my girl.. [thumbsup]

↡ Advertisement