Can this pass inspection?

Blackyv

Going for 5yrs inspection today but hit my bumper 2 days ago while parking... Just wonderimg, will such dent fail inspection? Can they fault me due to " bumper might fall off concern" ?.. The bumper still strongly attached and not wobbling at all..

post-3324-1325897675_thumb.jpg

Edited by Blackyv
↡ Advertisement

Neutral Newbie

When inspection last month.

Saw a rx8 passed inspection with whole car Matt black sticker.

While I failed with white light at rear number plate.

agree, should not be a problem. but a simple fix is to use an object and push the dent back out from the inside. may need to dismantle some parts, depending on car. or drill a small hole in the middle of dent, use a metal hook and pull the dent out, patch hole with putty or sealent. buy spray (closest colour to your car) from hardware store, do a light touch up and give it a buff with polish. nothing fancy but at least dont look that bad. when you have a chance, then get it done at a proper repair garage.

Thxs for all the reply,... Actually, no time to get it fixed... And I don't think I want that dent stay with me during cny.... Morning not free, then afternoon have appointment to change my rear tint to legal type, then go for inspection.. Next week going for short business trip and due date is just the week after next... Luckily have axs machine for roadtax renewal... [:p]

Twincharged

agree, should not be a problem. but a simple fix is to use an object and push the dent back out from the inside. may need to dismantle some parts, depending on car. or drill a small hole in the middle of dent, use a metal hook and pull the dent out, patch hole with putty or sealent. buy spray (closest colour to your car) from hardware store, do a light touch up and give it a buff with polish. nothing fancy but at least dont look that bad. when you have a chance, then get it done at a proper repair garage.

I think an easier way to fix it temporarily is just get underneath the car and try to push it out as much as possible. Do it after parking the car under the hot sun for a few hours and it'll be easier. Don't forget to get someone else to hold on to the bumper while you push or else you might break the clips. Done this on my old car which was going to scrap and was quite surprised at the result it was actually quite alot better.

I think an easier way to fix it temporarily is just get underneath the car and try to push it out as much as possible. Do it after parking the car under the hot sun for a few hours and it'll be easier. Don't forget to get someone else to hold on to the bumper while you push or else you might break the clips. Done this on my old car which was going to scrap and was quite surprised at the result it was actually quite alot better.

I wanted to do that but this damn latio design has everything cover up on the bottom, then from bonnet can't access the bumper without removing stuff.. Actually I wanted to use a pole to push it out from inside but just can't access it without having to dismantle stuff... So, will leave it to the pro but free time slot is what im looking for now... Maybe after my trip,... In dating that, how much time it takes for ws to fix it huh?. 1-2hrs enough?... Not going to re paint the whole bumper...

Cannot have white light for rear number plate? s--t man didn't know that!

Where you went for inspection?

Whats wrong with matte black sticker???

I'm guessing your white light is the LED type? The blue coated white incandescent bulbs traditionally have had no issues passing, but the LED's fail because they don't cast a proper light and make it hard to read the licence plate at night.

Twincharged

I wanted to do that but this damn latio design has everything cover up on the bottom, then from bonnet can't access the bumper without removing stuff.. Actually I wanted to use a pole to push it out from inside but just can't access it without having to dismantle stuff... So, will leave it to the pro but free time slot is what im looking for now... Maybe after my trip,... In dating that, how much time it takes for ws to fix it huh?. 1-2hrs enough?... Not going to re paint the whole bumper...

Then i guess can't try this. Mine was easy. Nothing blocking.

Ok, done. Past inspection with flying colour.. [laugh]

Now have to look for workshop to fix that bumper.. any bro got good lobang to get that bumper fixed? Just wanted to push out the dent, touch up the paint by polishing only... $100 enough?..

↡ Advertisement