Continue to EAT at our own RISK

Scb11980

Eight dirty reasons he's resorted to takeaways

5 Jan 2012

Straits Times

AS A frequent patron of coffee shops and hawker centres, I have gradually resorted to takeaways rather than eating-in because of the increasing prevalence of these unhygienic conditions:

Crockery and cutlery are washed with only plain water and are often oily when used to serve food.

Cups are dipped once in soapy water and then plain water, and taken out ready to be used again.

Sweaty sellers with sleeveless shirts bending their bodies over food when cooking or serving.

Washing of dishes on dirty floors near toilets.

Coffee shop toilets are filthy and cannot possibly provide food stall workers with hygienic conditions.

Cutlery is placed directly on trays that are wiped with cloth used for cleaning dirty tables.

Servers holding the eating part of chopsticks or other cutlery with the same bare hands that hold table cleaning cloth or dirty dishes.

The same person who handles cash transactions, handles food as well - with his bare hands.

Can the relevant authorities consider prescribing and enforcing higher standards of food stall hygiene so that eating out does not feel like a public health risk?

Ho Chee Khuen

↡ Advertisement

this is nothing.

the cleaner in my ex-company rinse the mob in the toilet bowl and then use the same mob to mob the whole office

This is the result of over-population,as derived fr FT/FW imports.

These bizs no longer worry about surviving.

I just met with a bo chup HP retailer who was discourteous & not worried about getting my purchase.

Result of over-demand.

A series of measures need to protect consumers.Their dignity,humanity.

No counter measure is ever devised.

Hence i say our Govt is incomplete & incompetent.

and the same person readily buys food prepared under the aforementioned appalling conditions, never mind he is doing a takeaway.

go so much as to paint a very grim picture of coffeeshops and yet still patronise them. foot err food in mouth?

and the same person readily buys food prepared under the aforementioned appalling conditions, never mind he is doing a takeaway.

go so much as to paint a very grim picture of coffeeshops and yet still patronise them. foot err food in mouth?

exactly..so many appalling conditions yet the writer still continues to eat hawker food? [hur]

All these I no scared.

I only scared these handlers did not know they got AIDS, n continue working in the food service line.

u care abt having sex or blood transfusion with these workers????? [laugh]

Edited by Csnewbie

i always rinse my cloth thoroughly after wiping 5 tables.

how do you define tables

if two tables touching each other do you count as I

i always rinse my cloth thoroughly after wiping 5 tables.

bloody hell, i thought the work instruction for you is to wipe 3 tables, rinse once? you help yiour boss save water huh?... [laugh]

Nonsense.

Hawkers are like these even when the FTs came in.

This is the result of over-population,as derived fr FT/FW imports.

These bizs no longer worry about surviving.

I just met with a bo chup HP retailer who was discourteous & not worried about getting my purchase.

Result of over-demand.

A series of measures need to protect consumers.Their dignity,humanity.

No counter measure is ever devised.

Hence i say our Govt is incomplete & incompetent.

if u dun see its not too bad.

Recently been to one neighbourhood food court, the forks and spoons have visible oil stain all over....

I believed if I search more thoroughly I can see find leftover rice beads.

as much as all this is bad,

i have yet to lao sai eating outside food in the following conditions.

actually, our food standards here got to be up to mark or 3 strikes= out

Edited by Mllcg

Eight dirty reasons he's resorted to takeaways

5 Jan 2012

Straits Times

AS A frequent patron of coffee shops and hawker centres, I have gradually resorted to takeaways rather than eating-in because of the increasing prevalence of these unhygienic conditions:

Crockery and cutlery are washed with only plain water and are often oily when used to serve food.

Cups are dipped once in soapy water and then plain water, and taken out ready to be used again.

Sweaty sellers with sleeveless shirts bending their bodies over food when cooking or serving.

Washing of dishes on dirty floors near toilets.

Coffee shop toilets are filthy and cannot possibly provide food stall workers with hygienic conditions.

Cutlery is placed directly on trays that are wiped with cloth used for cleaning dirty tables.

Servers holding the eating part of chopsticks or other cutlery with the same bare hands that hold table cleaning cloth or dirty dishes.

The same person who handles cash transactions, handles food as well - with his bare hands.

Can the relevant authorities consider prescribing and enforcing higher standards of food stall hygiene so that eating out does not feel like a public health risk?

Ho Chee Khuen

(Sounds like related to Ho Ching ? Super High-class) Mr.Ho C.K will never need to see doctor anymore for Anti Biotic medicine, because the tiny bacterial consume at the food source site will helps to attack the bigger bacterial inside his stomach. 因为,大只的会把小只的吃掉. [idea]

Edited by Fongmy
↡ Advertisement