Damage access

Kueijie

Hi bro out there,

This morning when I'm rushing to work, i accidentally kiss a bro in his ass. I already brake quite a distance away, yet it still kissed. Haizz... nevertheless, i need a quick gauge of what's my damage gonna be like. So i can be mentally prepare the $ i need to fork out. Pls give me the min to the max amount needed. Thanks... sorry now not really in the mood to beautified my wording...haizzz...

Below are some pictures:

post-94531-1326157167_thumb.jpg

*edit: to remove photo contain car plate

post-94531-1326157095_thumb.jpg

Edited by Kueijie
↡ Advertisement

Based on the picture, should be approximately less than $500 to re-spray and change the bracket for the rear bumper for a 1 day job.

The following applies:

1) Do not go back AD repair - go back AD, u finished. If his car is very new, he will wanna go back AD.

2) No claims for transport allowance/loss of use, usually $100 p/day for this capacity of car.

3) No injury - Dun be surprised ppl can claim injury or whiplash then again, u finished.

Best to just pay cash and dun make insurance claims. Not worth it with the loading if owner can just repair it outside.

small damage,seems like only dislodge from the clipper.

less than $150 even if need minor respray.

Assuming the clips are not broken. If need change bracket, then more ex. Dun think the owner will be goondu enuf to let the workshop rivet back the bumper.

If TS claim insurance, then workshop will tell u alignment out etc and +++++++++++++++++++ the repair costs.

Good luck!

I see bumper cracked, scratched and dislodged. Min S$300, max S$500 if done at outside workshop.

Need putty, respray whole bumper, replace clips and realignment. Abt one day job.

ok, thanks guys for the access... so the range should be around $300-500. Haizzz... i also have my checkup too to be doneI have asked the owner to go to my workshop outside. Now waiting for my workshop to access. The owner sounds quite a good guy, very polite, can talk, so if possible, i will try to make things easier for both of us.

If the bodykit is fibreglass, suay for you, because there will surely be cracks and the owner will not be happy to have a rippled bodykit after that. Stock polyurethane bumpers or some of the more expensive aftermarket bumpers are PU also and are more survivable in a collision. From closer look I see cracks on the loading lip of the boot - you're not in luck. May be best to replace the entire bumper.

Think about what you would do if you were rammed in the back by someone else.

Can know what car you drove to rear-end the Jazz? How it happened, and where? We hope the information can help us avoid same accident.

Driving a Jazz too. Was rainning n slow traffic, though was quite a slow speed ard 30-40km/hr, managed brake quite a distance away, but i think it skipped, so... haizz...

My workshop just called, total damage is ard $400-$450. i heard is a fiberglass, so rapair + respray + car rental... Later i still have to go down access my damage, probably just a simple touchup bah to cut cost [bigcry]

Driving a Jazz too. Was rainning n slow traffic, though was quite a slow speed ard 30-40km/hr, managed brake quite a distance away, but i think it skipped, so... haizz...

Can share if your car stock rim and tire width, or already up sized and with wider tire? The aqua-planning could had increased the braking distance when the road is wet.

Falken ZE522. 195/R15. first time try falken, but it feel sucks... going to change other once i wear off this set. Really can feel the grip (at back) is not there when i do a sharp turn on a waxed ground. can feel the tyre will skip back a little to straight.

Falken ZE522. 195/R15. first time try falken, but it feel sucks... going to change other once i wear off this set. Really can feel the grip (at back) is not there when i do a sharp turn on a waxed ground. can feel the tyre will skip back a little to straight.

Still wanna wait until the lousy tyre wears out then change? I will change asap to avoid future accidents.. i have never used falkens before.. but my previous sets of bridgestone, hankook n yokohama have NEVER skidded when my car speed is less than 60km/hr n apply E brake..

Good luck n god bless u... as long as u still on this set of lousy tyres

I believe Jazz stock rims to be 175/65R14. 185/55R15 is the nearest tire size you can get without changing rims, for road adhesion close to stock.The bigger rims/wider tire does cause small/lighter cars to lose a little road adhesion. This can be serious on wet roads during acceleration, cornering, braking.

↡ Advertisement