1 Day Porsche 911 Carrera Cabriolet Drive

Kwchan

I got this redemption letter from Maybank for 1 Day Porsche 911 Carrera Cabriolet Drive on weekday.

Anyone need a Porsche for their wedding? Too bad mine was on a weekend...

↡ Advertisement

I got this redemption letter from Maybank for 1 Day Porsche 911 Carrera Cabriolet Drive on weekday.

Anyone need a Porsche for their wedding? Too bad mine was on a weekend...

I have redeemed it once last year. Family enjoyed it very much.

Just remember that any damage to the car will be charged to your Maybank card immediately. Someone else maybe driving your car but they will only want to "hold" your credit card account as "collateral" [drivingcar]. You will need to later claim those damages from the other driver privately.

Edited by Topspin

Insurance coverage is only for named driver, ie. Maybank card holder making redemption.

Any damage caused by any other unathorised drivers is not covered by insurance.

Repair costs can be costly. Spray paint of entire car starts from $10K at agent, Stuggart.

Edited by Vinceng

I have emailed to the leasing company to clarify the T&C

1. Driver need to be aged between 27 and 60 with 5 years driving experience

1. Redeem by 30 Apr 2012

2. Monday to Thursday drive only

3. $500 refundable deposit pay to leasing company

if its a leased car, i'm assuming its a rental car. if thats the case, why do i need to pay if i "spoil" it? shouldnt there be some kind of insurance or excess you pay?

if its a leased car, i'm assuming its a rental car. if thats the case, why do i need to pay if i "spoil" it? shouldnt there be some kind of insurance or excess you pay?

The excess is quite high and charged to your credit card. If you "allow" someone else to use that car, then you need to settle that excess privately. That person's name won't appear in any contract document etc...just a gentlemen's agreement.

I suggest TS to just use the car for himself assuming he doen't drive another sports car already. Accelerating from 0-100 in 6 seconds with the top down is really an amazing experience.

Edited by Topspin

If someone else is driving the car, You just have to nominate it on your redemption letter.

The driver (nominate driver) will use his credit card as a guarantee. Dont need to use the Maybank card.

If im not mistaken, the excess is 10K if there is any accident (I redeem Porsche Cayenne for 1 week 2years ago)

Edited by Mcf777

(edited)

thanks for the info and PM from those who are interested, let me clarify with the leasing company on the T&C before i get back to you

Edited by Kwchan
↡ Advertisement