CNA: Former Navy Officer Threatens to Chop GF & Family

Vulcann

Stupidity at play here.

Entire navy career just washed down the drain here... [speechless] [speechless]

From CNA:

http://www.channelnewsasia.com/stories/sin...1176533/1/.html

Former navy officer threatens to chop girlfriend and family

By Alvina Soh | Posted: 13 January 2012 1404 hrs

SINGAPORE: It started off as an argument over the phone after a former navy officer became upset with his girlfriend's supposed infidelity.

The argument quickly escalated with 20-year-old Kuhaannath Pillai threatening to chop his 18-year-old girlfriend and her family.

The incident took place on July 20 last year when Pillai left his Pasir Ris home with a chopper tucked in his shorts and travelled to the girl's place at Bukit Batok West Avenue 6.

Pillai pleaded guilty on Friday to one count of criminal intimidation and another of being armed with an offensive weapon.

He is currently suspended from his job as a regular in the Singapore Navy.

The court heard that the threat was not carried out after Pillai discarded the chopper before reaching the girl's flat.

In mitigation, his lawyer Mr N Kanagavijayan, said Pillai had a change of heart en-route to his girlfriend's place.

He said Pillai "came to his senses and regretted bringing the chopper", adding he went to the girl's unit completely unarmed.

The court also heard that Pillai and the girl were married on January 12 and she is now pregnant with his child.

Pillai will be sentenced on February 10.

- CNA/fa

↡ Advertisement

I remembered that I was trained in the army on explosives and weapons....was shown a video on stupidity factor that some causes their lives while dealing with explosive. But no chapters on stupidity factors on ruining own career for a woman. [:p]

Occifer right? Should have brought along his ceremonial cleaver mah.

And carry a flaming torch also. Just like SAFTI's logo: "Sha Ren Fang Huo"

Ever heard cadets kena OOC days before passing out?

The case I heard was that they were sparring playfully with their ceremonial swords and got caught.

Obviously no one imparted to them the all-important COC 7 yet...

I remembered that I was trained in the army on explosives and weapons....was shown a video on stupidity factor that some causes their lives while dealing with explosive. But no chapters on stupidity factors on ruining own career for a woman. [:p]

So you also saw the photograph of the aftermath of the infamous ammo storeman who stepped on the M203 rounds inside the box to level them and then BOOOOOOOM!!!!

Yes epic stupidity especially to try winning love back by force [hur]

But then again, most of us were young and foolish once.... [;)]

End of the day.....after so much...just wish them happily ever after. [:p]

At least ended well in a sense.

Most cases don't... [whip]

Neutral Newbie

The incident happened middle of last year, and just a few days ago they decided to get married???

So the girl (presumably) made the police report and then decided to have his baby and marry him??

What a bizarre world we live in..

So you also saw the photograph of the aftermath of the infamous ammo storeman who stepped on the M203 rounds inside the box to level them and then BOOOOOOOM!!!!

Yes epic stupidity especially to try winning love back by force [hur]

But then again, most of us were young and foolish once.... [;)]

Does M203 rounds work on basis of percussion cap too? i guess so right? [shakehead] [shakehead]

Does M203 rounds work on basis of percussion cap too? i guess so right? [shakehead] [shakehead]

Come to think of it that should be the case, as in bullets.

The demo instructor then just passed a few colour photographs and just stated the reasons...

[confused]

Maybe the percussion cap got pressed or rather whacked hard against another hard object inside the box, say, the edge of the perscussion cap of another round?

↡ Advertisement