France loses AAA rating as Euro govts downgraded

Tuna_seng

Ho hum... remember the terrifying things that happened when S&P downgraded the US?

Cant remember? Because nothing bad happened? Except USD gets stronger?

Stop spreading fear.

S&P is stating the obvious. France has a debt to GDP ratio comparable to that of US and does not deserve AAA any more or less than the US.

Remember, if anybody does anything silly because of your fearmongering, the blood is on you.

(edited)

Ho hum... remember the terrifying things that happened when S&P downgraded the US?

Cant remember? Because nothing bad happened? Except USD gets stronger?

Stop spreading fear.

S&P is stating the obvious. France has a debt to GDP ratio comparable to that of US and does not deserve AAA any more or less than the US.

Remember, if anybody does anything silly because of your fearmongering, the blood is on you.

Hahahahhaha. The fear is so obviously manifested in your long diatribe.

Hey dumbass, i did not write nor publish the article.

The BBC did.

I am merely re-posting it here to share.

Word of advice: at Bedok Reservoir, the way to succeed in your endeavour is to attach a heavy rock to your foot before you jump in.

Have a good one.

Edited by Tuna_seng

i favour single currency for the whole world...and a complete reform of the whole financial system...ok..alot of pple will be out of job...speculator cannot speculate as much...money-making minds have less option to create complicated "MONEY MAKING" product...

rating downgrade will mean higher borrowing cost...they are already no money and we want to borrow them money charging them high interest...we think they can finally one day return the money meh ??? Yes...they will think of ideas to generate money which in the end will screw up again !!!

so after going round and round....we will be back to square one...but man being selfish....we just got to live with what is going on currently lar...can't change... [shakehead] [shakehead]

Sooner or later Asia will be affected. And Singapore.....

If you choose to be in denial, good luck.

Let's Get Real

With all of this going on in the world's other major economies

China

"China Slowdown Spreading, HSBC Services PMI Shows" (http://www.reuters.com/article/2011/12/05/us-china-economy-idUSTRE7B407X20111205) (Reuters)

China's services sector cooled in November to its weakest growth in three months, an HSBC purchasing managers' index showed on Monday, the latest data portraying an economy slowing quickly and in need of policy support.

The index fell to 52.5, a sharp decline given that October's reading was 54.1 -- the highest in four months -- though the index remains above the 50 level that separates expansion from contraction in the sector.

Expectations for new business dropped to their lowest level in three months too, but remained firmly above 50.

Japan

"Japan Recovery Paused as Deficit Grows" (http://www.google.com/hostednews/afp/article/ALeqM5g3RJtjAMNqLiesO69VrKOCgQoCLg?docId=CNG.ea8fa 14ec58d32430d4daba1f88f4a9e.511) (Agence France-Presse)

TOKYO

Hahahahhaha. The fear is so obviously manifested in your long diatribe.

Hey dumbass, i did not write nor publish the article.

The BBC did.

I am merely re-posting it here to share.

Word of advice: at Bedok Reservoir, the way to succeed in your endeavour is to attach a heavy rock to your foot before you jump in.

Have a good one.

Dont bother bout that guy. He probably has alot invested in Euro related products or local property.

I tot this was an old rumour, now just become fact. Actually US also boh AAA++++ rating, but the mkt still up. [rolleyes]

Got a question for you.

Why yesterday STI up +48?

CNY rally? Or in anticipation of tsunami of liquidity, courtesy of US and Euro printing presses?

Over two months ago, I wrote this, and nothing has changed:

http://www.mycarforum.com/index.php?showto...p;#entry4131583

Every few months, a new crop of Chicken Littles emerge to argue a new way the sky will fall.

Bulk of my non-SGD holdings are in USD, and I dont see any reason for a change. US economic recovery is well underway, and the numbers only support my view in the intervening months.

Singapore property is due for a collapse with or without a foreign crisis. I had been warning this for a long time. A small interest rate move upwards will wipe out most weak players here.

Again, I will ask the same question: If I am so wrong, tell me how you are maximising your portfolio returns or minimising your losses, given your nightmare scenario.

Over two months ago, I wrote this, and nothing has changed:

http://www.mycarforum.com/index.php?showto...p;#entry4131583

Every few months, a new crop of Chicken Littles emerge to argue a new way the sky will fall.

Bulk of my non-SGD holdings are in USD, and I dont see any reason for a change. US economic recovery is well underway, and the numbers only support my view in the intervening months.

Singapore property is due for a collapse with or without a foreign crisis. I had been warning this for a long time. A small interest rate move upwards will wipe out most weak players here.

Again, I will ask the same question: If I am so wrong, tell me how you are maximising your portfolio returns or minimising your losses, given your nightmare scenario.

stay in SGD mostly as bernanke QE3 is already well mentioned. short EUR, then buy SG property later on when dust has settled.

if u thk SIBOR interest rates will move up, then US stocks will also fall as fed fund rates increase usually means negative for stocks as cost of capital increase requires higher discount rates.

Edited by Duckduck
↡ Advertisement