Taiwan president election update

Jchuacl

commie will never give up, not the old guards in PLA..... [:)]

Ma is smarter to play "friend-friend" with the commies to placate them, while maintaining taiwan's freedom and biding for time.

China is changing, and their people are becoming more and more educated, thinking critically and more willing to speak up. This, despite their govt's mostly futile attempts to censor the internet.

With time, taiwan's "soft power" and ideas will eventually dominate their larger neighbour, instead of the other way around. Already, china people are demanding more rights - and eventually, rights to choose their own leaders. Commies dying off by the day...

All taiwan has to do is to hold out as long as possible, and this can be done only if they are seen to be "cooperative" and "friendly".

CNA will report on the election till 930 tonite (from 7pm)!!???........ what for?? :o

will they report MY's election with same amount of air time?

Turbocharged

dun bet against it... China and Taiwan will eventually unite as one country

Edited by Scion

it's up to the people in china to overcome the 'leaders'..... but the same people may not treat taiwan as equal after overcoming their own 'leaders', if ever

but there's still hope that one day the pple in mainland will have the same sense of true democracy and respect of rules/laws as that of the present day taiwan pple. such respect is missing even among the elites let alone common folks in mainland....

Ma is smarter to play "friend-friend" with the commies to placate them, while maintaining taiwan's freedom and biding for time.

China is changing, and their people are becoming more and more educated, thinking critically and more willing to speak up. This, despite their govt's mostly futile attempts to censor the internet.

With time, taiwan's "soft power" and ideas will eventually dominate their larger neighbour, instead of the other way around. Already, china people are demanding more rights - and eventually, rights to choose their own leaders. Commies dying off by the day...

All taiwan has to do is to hold out as long as possible, and this can be done only if they are seen to be "cooperative" and "friendly".

KMT has declared victory!

peace across the straits for another 4 years

It's going to be trying for the KMT to come up with someone like Ma again, 4 years from now.

It's going to be trying for the KMT to come up with someone like Ma again, 4 years from now.

They have one upcoming guy.I suspect kmt are pushing him to take the throne

Zhu Lilun 朱立仑。

Their cross straits relations are some what interlinked with us, have business links on both side.

Yes,if taiwan is unsettle by china,it affects lots of countries.Even US are watching closely.

They have one upcoming guy.I suspect kmt are pushing him to take the throne

Zhu Lilun 朱立仑。

Don't think so, was considering it might be the present mayor of Taipei,

How Long Ping, that said, he seems to be lacking far behind from Mah,

when Mah was Taipei's Mayor. Possibility is there.

they will study our policies like COE ERP,..... then eventually the minister pay [laugh]

Not possible to implement in Taiwan. [laugh]

I do foresee a visit by Mah after this election, to Singapore, as he did when he won the first time round.

My family has always been firm supporters of the KMT, since my great grand father's time, to fight against

the Japanese, and then later Mao.

Don't think so, was considering it might be the present mayor of Taipei,

How Long Ping, that said, he seems to be lacking far behind from Mah,

when Mah was Taipei's Mayor. Possibility is there.

Oh yes,how long ping.Nearly forgotten him.His dad was the ex general.

Agreed with u that he's lacking way behind Ma.The problem is DPP also dun have any good candidate coming up.

↡ Advertisement