How Often Do You send your OPC for Servicing

QQDreamer

Bros, that depends on:-

- what's your clocked mileage each month ?

- what kind of engine oil you last used ? (Mineral & fully synthetic)

- when was your last serviced done ?

- what were the parts last replaced ? (Engine oil, spark plugs, air-filter, oil filter ? Radiator any water ? Radiator any symthom of leakage ?)

- when was your last air-con filter replaced ?

- was your car always under "parked" (Stationary most of the time) ?

- what's the aged of your tires ? (When was the tires last replaced) ? (tire also got it's shelf life too(

- what's the aged of your car battery ? When was the last replaced ? (Was your car occasionally having chance for a spin ? Lunar New Year is around the corner, in case your car battery no storage power to power-up your starter (Flyer) / engine, then recovery costs was extremely costly of between around S$ 250 to S$ 350 -- include battery costs)

As above, want to know owners of OPC on how often do you all send your OPC for servicing?

Follow my dealer's stipulated servicing interval of 10,000km or 6 months whichever comes first.

So far clocked 22,000km in 1 year 7 months.

not sure but if got chance will use my OPC car, say 1k or slightly less mthly

Mobil 1 5w50 FS

forget, but change EO every 8k

- what were the parts last replaced ? (Engine oil, spark plugs, air-filter, oil filter ? Radiator any water ? Radiator any symthom of leakage ?)

so far no major issue except that i change my EO every 8k.....next time may be i try 5k...but see dipstick the colour still quite brownish...so thgt run another 3k should not hurt my car

think is every 6mthly

no...got chance sure use

- what's the aged of your tires ? (When was the tires last replaced) ? (tire also got it's shelf life too)

last few week of 2011

- what's the aged of your car battery ? When was the last replaced ? (Was your car occasionally having chance for a spin ? Lunar New Year is around the corner, in case your car battery no storage power to power-up your starter (Flyer) / engine, then recovery costs was extremely costly of between around S$ 250 to S$ 350 -- include battery costs)

still going strong as got meter monitoring

the above is my car....how??? any comment????

For car battery never / don't just test the battery Volt using Volts or multimeter alone as the said car battery LOAD sustainability is more crucial (Important) that actually determine of your exisiting car battery could store Energy & provide starting POWER / AMPERE (LOAD) to crank your Starter / Flyer / Engine.

Voltage will dropped very fast once the existing battery is weak due to POWER loss (Not sufficeinet AMPER / LOAD) for starting your car.

Just for sharing: My friend's car was "dead" (Can't start) last Saturday in AMK after parked for just 10 mins & i headed down to jump start his car & replaced a FIAMM on the same evening from a shop nearby. So, don't just rely on VOLTS alone as NOT trustworth.

For car battery LOAD Testing, can go to any battery shop or your regular Motor Workshop for a check & that will ensure that you'll NEVER end up get stuck during your Lunar New Year holiday as breakdown service for auto battery replacement is extremely costly during this period.

Edited by Jefkking

some people say OPC car seldom drive no need to service so regularly... is that true? any bros have comment on this? I heard that even when the car seldom drive also parts will spoil also... and i heard engine oil even if your car wasnt drive often.. the oil also will degrade. Correct me if i am wrong?

some people say OPC car seldom drive no need to service so regularly... is that true? any bros have comment on this? I heard that even when the car seldom drive also parts will spoil also... and i heard engine oil even if your car wasnt drive often.. the oil also will degrade. Correct me if i am wrong?

Not true. Engine oil till break down even when car is unused. The most i would drag is 9 months.

in face the less its used the faster it breaks down. Cos its not moved.

Edited by Nf0rc3r

For car battery never / don't just test the battery Volt using Volts or multimeter alone as the said car battery LOAD sustainability is more crucial (Important) that actually determine of your exisiting car battery could store Energy & provide starting POWER / AMPERE (LOAD) to crank your Starter / Flyer / Engine.

Voltage will dropped very fast once the existing battery is weak due to POWER loss (Not sufficeinet AMPER / LOAD) for starting your car.

Just for sharing: My friend's car was "dead" (Can't start) last Saturday in AMK after parked for just 10 mins & i headed down to jump start his car & replaced a FIAMM on the same evening from a shop nearby. So, don't just rely on VOLTS alone as NOT trustworth.

For car battery LOAD Testing, can go to any battery shop or your regular Motor Workshop for a check & that will ensure that you'll NEVER end up get stuck during your Lunar New Year holiday as breakdown service for auto battery replacement is extremely costly during this period.

I fully agreed with you bro.. car battery usually lasts for 1 and half to 2 yrs is very good already.. batter life span if not charge will also degrade itself... however the strange thing is my ride is coming 4 years.. i just recently did a change on my stock battery which also coming to 4 yrs and still working without problem. But to play on safe side i have it replaced. Do not want to gamble that it will fail anytime without warning.

Not true. Engine oil till break down even when car is unused. The most i would drag is 9 months.

in face the less its used the faster it breaks down. Cos its not moved.

yes i also tot so.. engine oil will degrade itself whether drive or not drive...

not sure but if got chance will use my OPC car, say 1k or slightly less mthly

Mobil 1 5w50 FS

forget, but change EO every 8k

so far no major issue except that i change my EO every 8k.....next time may be i try 5k...but see dipstick the colour still quite brownish...so thgt run another 3k should not hurt my car

think is every 6mthly

no...got chance sure use

- what's the aged of your tires ? (When was the tires last replaced) ? (tire also got it's shelf life too)

last few week of 2011

still going strong as got meter monitoring

the above is my car....how??? any comment????

Hi Bro,

based on the above i think yours car maintenance care is still not too bad. But one thing to take note, if your car battery is about 2 yrs i suggest you take extra care on it... remember battery fails without warning.

Shock-abosrbers can seized up. Car can veered aside and crashed with faulty shock-absorbers. The battery can fail if undercharged.

i came across people who dont service their cars at all. Reason being car seldom move no need to service. I think this concept is not true. I really pity his car. Some more his car just bought 2nd hand and is a 6.5 yr old getz. I do not know whether his car will last him till scarp if no servicing is done. This kind of people is champion i should say. Than for what you buy car and dont maintain it?

↡ Advertisement