Kah Motor brings in new version of Civic SAME as the US!

Jujitsuka

Going by their pricing pattern for the 1.6, i predict the 1.8 will be at least 130+k and the 2.0 will be between 140-150k

With that kind of nonsense pricing, only die hard Honda fans need apply

↡ Advertisement

Usually new or redesigned models fare better in car reviews than their predecessors. Technology moves on during the lifespan of a model, automakers learn from their mistakes and improve their production methods, while the competition gets better forcing everyone else to improve etc.

However, that

Honda is like Sony.

Innovative, fresh, hip, exciting, can justify premium pricing..............once upon a time.

Now both brands beginning to look like dinosaurs.

If you think 125hp for a 1.6L is already impressive, try Hyundai Elantra's 130hp. If 5-speed is adequate, try Forte's 6-speed. And for that kind of price, you can either buy a Kia Optima K5 with a few more thousand dollars top up, save more with a cheaper Elantra or Forte, or get another similarly-priced VW Jetta, all of which have better specs than the Civic. I think Honda has really lost the game to the Koreans this time.

Supercharged

sigh..... Honda shld just stick to the original objective of a Civic.

dont try to deviant and go for what-family car experience.... it won't make it.

IF they want family car experiene, then come out with a new model with a different name.

Civic will always a Civic, for what it stands for in its original objective. Fun-to-drive, adrenline, low profile, hard suspension with responsive steering with Vtec.

They wan to change Civic into a family car, it confuses consumers and once get confused, consumers will not buy. Will I want to buy a product that i'm confused with?

Just like Alits or Corolla. Its a family car, original objective since Day 1. And so it remains as a family car. It doesn't confuse consumers. those looking for family car, they will go for Corolla. Simple as that. No confusing designs, no fills, no hype about it.

Rule of Marketing; Never confuse customers about your products. Consumers who have no confidence and not clear about what you are selling, they will not buy it.

So my point is, BRING back the old VTEC engine and car chassis....... u will see the sales soaring up.

Fark the whatever crap emissions regulations. They want to regulate emission, look at China's factories. They are the biggest cause. Not a small tiny Civic running around.

Is it just me or the back of it looks like the previous Camry?

Yes... That was my 1st impression from the taillight shape.

sigh..... Honda shld just stick to the original objective of a Civic.

dont try to deviant and go for what-family car experience.... it won't make it.

IF they want family car experiene, then come out with a new model with a different name.

Civic will always a Civic, for what it stands for in its original objective. Fun-to-drive, adrenline, low profile, hard suspension with responsive steering with Vtec.

They wan to change Civic into a family car, it confuses consumers and once get confused, consumers will not buy. Will I want to buy a product that i'm confused with?

Just like Alits or Corolla. Its a family car, original objective since Day 1. And so it remains as a family car. It doesn't confuse consumers. those looking for family car, they will go for Corolla. Simple as that. No confusing designs, no fills, no hype about it.

Rule of Marketing; Never confuse customers about your products. Consumers who have no confidence and not clear about what you are selling, they will not buy it.

So my point is, BRING back the old VTEC engine and car chassis....... u will see the sales soaring up.

Fark the whatever crap emissions regulations. They want to regulate emission, look at China's factories. They are the biggest cause. Not a small tiny Civic running around.

If you look into the previous generations, Honda always alternate between a sporty design & a more a pek family design... This belongs to a later cat...

Passat is a good choice, if comparing mid size sedans with Japanese or Korean offerings, my choice will not be accord or camry. I will take Passat or KIA Optima or Hyundai i45 :D

You seem to love wagon hor. I prefer skoda superb combi, sleek looks.

I used to dislike Combi/Wagon/estate, not unlike most Singaporeans, & think they stick out like camel hump. But I learn to appreciate them better when you are more aware of their practicality now that I lived oversea in Europe.

When you think about it, in a sedan, the space between the roof & back bumper are not fully ultize. What better way to enlarge cargo space without increasing footprint? Also, combi can looks good, & even better their their sedan counterpart.

Also, in countries, where it is the norm to ferry your won stuff, fully family luggages for road trips (& have space to sit full family. & furnature, combi are usually far more popular than sedan. But I agree its hard to appeciate combi as much as Singapore where the biggest things you put in your boot are maybe trams, golfclubs, & the occational lugguges to send off someone to Changi Airport.

Neutral Newbie

If you think 125hp for a 1.6L is already impressive, try Hyundai Elantra's 130hp. If 5-speed is adequate, try Forte's 6-speed. And for that kind of price, you can either buy a Kia Optima K5 with a few more thousand dollars top up, save more with a cheaper Elantra or Forte, or get another similarly-priced VW Jetta, all of which have better specs than the Civic. I think Honda has really lost the game to the Koreans this time.

I don't know if you have tried driving a 8th gen 2.0 honda civic before (it should be the same as the 9th gen), but it's 155hp feels much better and in actual fact, drives much faster than a similarly speced korean car like a 2.0 forte (at least 1-2 seconds faster from 0 to 100). I can say the same for 1.6 civic as compared to a 1.6 korean car (same horsepower). I think the koreans anyhow measure their cars' hp, or their engines are not as efficient and cause huge loss in power due to transmission (be it 5 or 6 speed). Moral of the story, do not believe in paper specs and go test drive the cars to feel for yourself.

Also, for those into aftermarket parts, improving a honda is so much cheaper and easier than most korean makes.

I'm not a honda fanboy btw and drives a humble subaru. But my sis is driving the honda civic 2.0 so I know first hand.

I don't know if you have tried driving a 8th gen 2.0 honda civic before (it should be the same as the 9th gen), but it's 155hp feels much better and in actual fact, drives much faster than a similarly speced korean car like a 2.0 forte (at least 1-2 seconds faster from 0 to 100). I can say the same for 1.6 civic as compared to a 1.6 korean car (same horsepower). I think the koreans anyhow measure their cars' hp, or their engines are not as efficient and cause huge loss in power due to transmission (be it 5 or 6 speed). Moral of the story, do not believe in paper specs and go test drive the cars to feel for yourself.

Also, for those into aftermarket parts, improving a honda is so much cheaper and easier than most korean makes.

I'm not a honda fanboy btw and drives a humble subaru. But my sis is driving the honda civic 2.0 so I know first hand.

Not to bash Honda, but if you wanted a fairly quick car(not talking about fast), you won't pick a Honda except the type-R & sport models.

But if you interested to do a bit of mod, the TSI engines is more bang for bucks. Its just a fact, Turbo engine can get HP easier. In 2009 and before, it make a lot of sence to drive a Honda or other B&B Japanese make, I know, I did, I own 2 Japan Sedan before. But in 2011, its very very hard to justify, unless one is hardcore japanese car fans, or like the Japanese reliability.

Going by their pricing pattern for the 1.6, i predict the 1.8 will be at least 130+k and the 2.0 will be between 140-150k

With that kind of nonsense pricing, only die hard Honda fans need apply

Some facts, based on figures from LTA - Car registered in Dec 2011

Honda Civic 1.8 (FD) OMV 26k COE 72k Cost of Car : 132k Selling Price : 133k

VW Jetta 1.4 TSI Sports OMV 24k COE 52k Cost of Car : 107k Selling Price : 132k

Honda cars in Singapore are victims of the system - OMV and COE ..... based purely on finanical, it is a no brainer ..... the Civic will win 110%. But looking at the same selling price, most people will go for the Jetta. I will go for the Jetta as well.

On the another hand ... a 25k premium for Jetta ?

Edited by Civic6228

Admit tingly, the yen exchange rate has crippled alot of the Nippon car dealers here, while the euro exchange rate being in the shithouse these days benefit the continental brands as they can declare really low OMVs

I drove both the Civic 2.0 and the Jetta Sport. Decided on the Jetta as i liked its power curve way better (torque all the way from 1.5K RPM onwards), while the Civic 2.0 you have to drag its revs quite abit to feel any significant amt of power

i wouldnt go jetta cos i still have the mindset on continental cars reliability and after-sales. i will still stick to japanese..call me mountain tortoise.

hello Mr Mountain Tortise [wave]:D

↡ Advertisement