Another classic act by our highly paid minister

Help1

Tuck Yew ah Tuck Yew, pls answer to the question directly and not deviate from it....so what it costs transport operators more, they have sought for many fare increases from PTC and got the approval liao, what you mean by it will cost more??? if it really cost more, it shows that the management from transport operators, PTC, LTA and MOT are incapable, ineffective and inefficient in managing cost and serving the public.

Travel concessions for poly students will cost transport operators S$28m (http://www.channelnewsasia.com/stories/singaporelocalnews/view/1177393/1/.html)

SINGAPORE : Transport Minister Lui Tuck Yew has said it will cost transport operators an additional S$28 million per year if polytechnic students are given travel concessions.

He was replying to a parliamentary question tabled by Nee Soon GRC MP, Lee Bee Hwa.

Over the past few years, polytechnic students have been lobbying for travel concessions which their counterparts in junior colleges enjoy.

Mr Lui said 10 per cent of the average daily passenger ridership enjoyed student travel concession on trains and buses in 2011.

This is about 2 per cent lower than in 2007.

He however added that the percentage had actually gone down due to an increase in ridership.

↡ Advertisement

to me,

something is damn straight forward,

no need to measure by $$

17 yr old poly student no student ar !!!

17 yr old JC student then is student???

!@#!@%!@%!@$

i feel these companies can't survive in the corporate world outside, imagine every time i tell my customers my operating cost very high, i gg to increase the selling price for all items, see what will happen to business. Confirm close down.

i feel these companies can't survive in the corporate world outside, imagine every time i tell my customers my operating cost very high, i gg to increase the selling price for all items, see what will happen to business. Confirm close down.

no leh. Rolls Royce can do that and still propsper leh. [laugh]

I find the answer by the minister bizarre leh....

The question is why the concession is not extended to poly students and not how much it cost the public transport operators?

Does the answer mean the concession extended to the JC students cost nothng to the public transport operators?

If it can be quantified to cost S$28M to extend concession to poly students, just cut S$28M from the annual budget to polys and give it the transport companies and extend the concession to them lor.... Easy mah.... zero sum game. And S$28M compared to overall budget for polys are peanuts lah... Just have to be less wasteful on office renovation and implement some sort of saving energy initiatives can easily cut the poly expenses by S$28M...

Tell you what. i dont trust this figure of S$28M. how many Poly student are there?? dont think it will act up to so much.

The question is why the concession is not extended to poly students and not how much it cost the public transport operators?

Does the answer mean the concession extended to the JC students cost nothng to the public transport operators?

If it can be quantified to cost S$28M to extend concession to poly students, just cut S$28M from the annual budget to polys and give it the transport companies and extend the concession to them lor.... Easy mah.... zero sum game. And S$28M compared to overall budget for polys are peanuts lah... Just have to be less wasteful on office renovation and implement some sort of saving energy initiatives can easily cut the poly expenses by S$28M...

[thumbsup]

ERP generated how much ? erm... 100+ mil?

i never suggest more ERP ar...

stupid excuse, its a service, not goods they are subsidising..So, in actuality, they not losing any money. Their busses/mrt still runs on schedule whether full or not full.

I am supportive of giving concessions to polytechnic students who are SINGAPOREANS.

Poly got many FT and they should not leech further as many already are studying free already.

As for Lui's reply, he will say what he like and nobody will touch him because 60.1% support him. Like in all matters. [laugh]

Edited by Littleknown

u need to understand all those jokers sitting at the top of these GLCs are all PAPPIES related one way or the other.how well can they think to solve the problem?

just like erecting ERP gantries,road A traffic is bad,i ERECT 1 erp here.some drivers will then switch to alternate road thus making alternate road heavy traffic.ok the traffic at the alternate road also bad now,they ERECT another gantry there.

now both road also got ERP.SHIOK.no words can express my admiration for these millionaires.

I am supportive of giving concessions to polytechnic students who are SINGAPOREANS.

Poly got many FT and they should not leech further as many already are studying free already.

As for Lui's reply, he will say what he like and nobody will touch him because 60.1% support him. Like in all matters. [laugh]

Want concessions, must serve army lor :D anyway when we serving army, we are still paying full adult fare. WTF >>>>>

Edited by Hsiao

stupid excuse, its a service, not goods they are subsidising..So, in actuality, they not losing any money. Their busses/mrt still runs on schedule whether full or not full.

Using the term loss money is correct lah.

Bus MRT schedule is called operational cost. Fare charges are their revenue. lesser revenue mean lesser earning lor.

but i dont believe its so high and dont think they should be caring so much about losing money on this part.

Want concessions, must serve army lor :D anyway when we serving army, we are still paying full adult fare. WTF >>>>>

most are stay in. what is there to complain?? :ph34r:

I am supportive of giving concessions to polytechnic students who are SINGAPOREANS.[/b]

Totally agree. It make sense.

Edited by Yahgo22

Using the term loss money is correct lah.

Bus MRT schedule is called operational cost. Fare charges are their revenue. lesser revenue mean lesser earning lor.

but i dont believe its so high and dont think they should be caring so much about losing money on this part.

loss of money term is wrong..loss of earning opportunity is more correct. Whether Poly students take MRT/busses today or not dont make any difference in their schedules of trains/mrt.. They dont especially schedule extra busses or mrt just because poly students want to take them.

How come it can cost so much??? $28 millions?? [hur]

How many poly students we're having?? 20k? This is giving concession & not giving free transport...

to me,

something is damn straight forward,

no need to measure by $$

17 yr old poly student no student ar !!!

17 yr old JC student then is student???

!@#!@%!@%!@$

17 yr old poly student wear mini skirt to class...

17 yr old JC student wear uniform to class....

Not the same mah...

↡ Advertisement