I40 wagon

Huat138

(edited)

@teomingern eh then wait lor. Also want to get an EV but feel that the choices are too limited and EV is still not mature.

right now the most comfortable EV I drove in was EQS. Hopefully they bring those comforts from ICE to 100-200k range EVs. No point spending 500k on a beta test car

Edited by sirconfucius
↡ Advertisement

On 6/11/2022 at 6:53 PM, sirconfucius said:

@teomingern you should take the deal. That’s a good price. My own calculation is about 48k

No intention of changing car for the foreseeable future... prices out of reach at the moment plus a bit of a waste of money since my car is still in excellent condition...

8 hours ago, sirconfucius said:

@teomingern yeah it's not getting any better. COE prices are through the roof.

Anyway hor... other than expensive ang mo brands like VW or Seat or Audi, there aren't any proper station wagons like your i40 left to buy in our tiny Singapore market... a bit sad...

3 minutes ago, teomingern said:

Anyway hor... other than expensive ang mo brands like VW or Seat or Audi, there aren't any proper station wagons like your i40 left to buy in our tiny Singapore market... a bit sad...

Mazda 6 estate and merc cla180 shooting brake quite nice too

4 minutes ago, Ct3833 said:

Mazda 6 estate and merc cla180 shooting brake quite nice too

Mazda 6 estate.... yeah bro... I totally forgot but it's really expensive... the premium not quite worth it... Mercedes is totally out of question for me...

• Praise 1

27 minutes ago, teomingern said:

Mazda 6 estate.... yeah bro... I totally forgot but it's really expensive... the premium not quite worth it... Mercedes is totally out of question for me...

COE alone  already  takes up 110k, no cars will be cheap, wait out a few years for COE to come down,.....hopefully will.

6 minutes ago, Ct3833 said:

COE alone  already  takes up 110k, no cars will be cheap, wait out a few years for COE to come down,.....hopefully will.

Yes definitely but even when I was buying my car in 2016, the Mazda 6 wagon prices weren't attractive... there was a huge premium over the sedan... other than the form, nothing different between the two in terms of function or features...

9 minutes ago, teomingern said:

Yes definitely but even when I was buying my car in 2016, the Mazda 6 wagon prices weren't attractive... there was a huge premium over the sedan... other than the form, nothing different between the two in terms of function or features...

Yah about 20k more for the sleek look .

2 hours ago, Ct3833 said:

Yah about 20k more for the sleek look .

Actually $20K is already on the lower end of the difference... I remembered at one point when I was just going around with my dad (late 2015, he was looking to replace his car also), the premium was $25K at one point... a bit nuts if you ask me... that was for the pre-face-lifted model... it was only after I bought my car in April 2016 that the price difference kind of narrowed a little...

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 1