New Woodsville Tunnel to open on January 28

Ender

Finally after so many years of road work and jams, it's finally opening.. Personally use this stretch of road often, hopefully will relief some of the traffic.

http://sg.news.yahoo.com/new-woodsville-tu...january-28.html

Motorists can expect faster travelling time with the opening of Woodsville Tunnel on 28 January this year.

Three road tunnels will link Upper Serangoon Road to Bendemeer Road, Serangoon Road to Upper Serangoon Road and Macpherson Road to Bendemeer Road, easing traffic at the signalised junction on the surface, the Land Transport Authority (LTA) said in a press release on Thursday.

A motorist travelling from Upper Serangoon Road to Bendemeer Road in the new tunnel can expect travelling time to go down from 10 minutes to 4 minutes during peak hours, the agency said.

Construction of Woodsville Tunnel started four years ago and cost S$130million. The project also includes a new flyover from Jalan Toa Payoh to Jalan Kolam Ayer.

The LTA will reinstate the ERP gantry along Bendemeer Road and the slip road off PIE (Tuas) to their original positions. Motorists should also expect a new gantry at the exit of the new tunnel towards Bendemeer Road to manage traffic leading to the city centre, it said.

↡ Advertisement

Finally after so many years of road work and jams, it's finally opening.. Personally use this stretch of road often, hopefully will relief some of the traffic.

Motorists can expect faster travelling time with the opening of Woodsville Tunnel on 28 January this year.

Three road tunnels will link Upper Serangoon Road to Bendemeer Road, Serangoon Road to Upper Serangoon Road and Macpherson Road to Bendemeer Road, easing traffic at the signalised junction on the surface, the Land Transport Authority (LTA) said in a press release on Thursday.

A motorist travelling from Upper Serangoon Road to Bendemeer Road in the new tunnel can expect travelling time to go down from 10 minutes to 4 minutes during peak hours, the agency said.

Construction of Woodsville Tunnel started four years ago and cost S$130million. The project also includes a new flyover from Jalan Toa Payoh to Jalan Kolam Ayer.

The LTA will reinstate the ERP gantry along Bendemeer Road and the slip road off PIE (Tuas) to their original positions. Motorists should also expect a new gantry at the exit of the new tunnel towards Bendemeer Road to manage traffic leading to the city centre, it said.

So you are regular user of this road?

You do realize the yellow bus lane along Upper Serangoon Rd towards Hougang just outside PP MRT station is gone?

First time in my life I witness something like that.

Amazing... [thumbsup]

Edited by Vulcann

Turbocharged

You do realize the yellow bus lane along Upper Serangoon Rd towards Hougang just outside PP MRT station is gone?

Amazing... [thumbsup]

Haha!! Must be residents at Potong Pasir propose this to be removed one. Newly elected MP surely must make a difference. -_-

Haha!! Must be residents at Potong Pasir propose this to be removed one. Newly elected MP surely must make a difference. -_-

It really makes a a lot of difference for people wanting to turn into PP during the evening peak hours....

Yep the new kid is trying very hard...

We will see [:)]

Amazing... [thumbsup]

Yup, saw the bus lane being removed.

The exit of tunnel is too close to the turn into Potong Pasir Avenue 1, may pose a challenge for those wanting to turn into potong pasir immediately after exiting the tunnel. And there this double white dashed line motorist have to cut across is he's to filter left immediately after the tunnel, what does double short dash line means? Are we allow to cross them?

Yup, saw the bus lane being removed.

The exit of tunnel is too close to the turn into Potong Pasir Avenue 1, may pose a challenge for those wanting to turn into potong pasir immediately after exiting the tunnel. And there this double white dashed line motorist have to cut across is he's to filter left immediately after the tunnel, what does double short dash line means? Are we allow to cross them?

Good question.

Been thinking it myself since I last saw it.

Quite sure in present bumper to bumper peak hour condition near to impossible to filter from the tunnel exit to turn into PP in such a short stretch.

However if the underpass is opened, many will use it meaning that there will be fewer traffic on the surface.

This may mean we have a chance to filter to the left and turn left into PP unless LTA put up a signboard inside the tunnel saying "NO LEFT TURN TO POTONG PASIR"

We will see...

Edited by Vulcann

Lets Enjoy it and remember...don't complain road tax expensive and ERP everywhere....those are the money that goes to these kinda road project.... [:(]

agree [thumbsup] , like the widen CTE is smoother now [rolleyes]

I live there. I am now very happy!

Wrong... These markings are under the control of LTA...so nothing to do with the residents' request and I don't believe the MP can poke his nose into LTA business.

in fact... the maintenance of the estate has not been improved and in fact getting back to worse...

if you tour round Potong pasir estate during the night, please go inside the carparks around Ave. 3 (to be exact blks 122-135), they are getting dimmer day by day.. Why? the overhead lamps has been spoiled since OCT 2011 and yet to be serviced and to date there are about 4 lamps in that carparks servicing those mentioned blocks that are spoiled.

I personally have to write to the Town Council 2 times with each of them being replied to contact the contractors to look into it.... till then nothing happens!

If the new MP do really involved in the decision in removing the bus lane in the main road then he is surely one person who like to have a grand frontyard but not bother about his backyard which is totally in despair...

I tell myself to endure till CNY holidays are over before making a big hoo haa... is that tough to change the lamp post bulb given the feedback was made like 3 mths back?

Edited by Jayy25

also those jams around the mentioned area is also caused by the LTA decision to put 2 ERP gantries along CTE towards AMK... Those drivers like myself have to detour from the exit near TTSH to travel along upper Serangoon road... before then, the upper serangoon wasn't that pack....

so in the end.. it is all the one collecting tax's doing....

This morning was elated when using this new tunnel go work towards city. HURRAY!!! Finally after years of driving along this LTA-designed "race-track".

Evening come back....

[furious] XYZ!!!! [furious] XYZ!!! [furious] XYZ!!!

Coming out of the tunnel at the left lane was a continuous double-white line all the way to the traffic light junction & there was no way to filter out and turn left into PP. Have to drive slightly further to the former cemetry there to make a U-turn & went backwards the other direction to then make a right turn into PP.

Really LPPL.

Spent so much taxpayer money cannot set the tunnel exit slightly backwards to allow PP residents turn into the estate.

This awkward arrangement also means hundreds of parents sending their kids to the SA Village are also unable to benefit from it.

[:(] [:(]

Neutral Newbie

then those who exit PIE/CTE. and turn left from Jalan TPY onto Upp Serangoon, how to filter right to enter sennett estate?

This morning was elated when using this new tunnel go work towards city. HURRAY!!! Finally after years of driving along this LTA-designed "race-track".

Evening come back....

[furious] XYZ!!!! [furious] XYZ!!! [furious] XYZ!!!

Coming out of the tunnel at the left lane was a continuous double-white line all the way to the traffic light junction & there was no way to filter out and turn left into PP. Have to drive slightly further to the former cemetry there to make a U-turn & went backwards the other direction to then make a right turn into PP.

Really LPPL.

Spent so much taxpayer money cannot set the tunnel exit slightly backwards to allow PP residents turn into the estate.

This awkward arrangement also means hundreds of parents sending their kids to the SA Village are also unable to benefit from it.

[:(] [:(]

guess the purpose is to spread out the traffic...if the tunnel design is also the same as the surface road...most driver will take the tunnel....so it will jam up the tunnel...

then those who exit PIE/CTE. and turn left from Jalan TPY onto Upp Serangoon, how to filter right to enter sennett estate?

Two ways:

1) U-turn like what I did & turn left at traffic light junction; or more direct way

2) Don't turn into U Serangoon Rd but go straight into MacPheron Rd & turn left at former Jackson building & then turn right into Pheng Geck Ave

Either way also not very "soon"...

Edited by Vulcann

guess the purpose is to spread out the traffic...if the tunnel design is also the same as the surface road...most driver will take the tunnel....so it will jam up the tunnel...

Guess you are right.

This tunnel is designed with folks staying in Hougang & North East area in mind. Every morning heavy traffic jammed up U Serangoon Rd before the tunnel was in operation.

BTW there was a traffic warden at the PP MRT bus stop just now & he was seen with a camera. Good luck to those bros who tried to cross the double-white line in desperation...

Edited by Vulcann
↡ Advertisement