Funny noise from engine of my Mazda 3SP

Seabass_sg

Since last wk, I realised a funny sound like 'gron gron' from my car engine when the car is picking up speed. Once it has picked up speed, the sound disappeared. However, sometimes the sound will not be present at all. I also realize if I off e aircon, this problem did not appear at all. Anyone know wat could be e issue? My car almost 5 yrs always service at AD.

↡ Advertisement

Since last wk, I realised a funny sound like 'gron gron' from my car engine when the car is picking up speed. Once it has picked up speed, the sound disappeared. However, sometimes the sound will not be present at all. I also realize if I off e aircon, this problem did not appear at all. Anyone know wat could be e issue? My car almost 5 yrs always service at AD.

From your description, I would say engine mounting.

go check your engine mounting..

I had the same problem when I was driving M3SP, 2007 model.

It came and went, cant detect the problem. It would go when I stepped harder on accelerator.

Similar experience on my 2004 Mz3, which was resolved this week. The sound comes from the aircon compressor, which has bearings which have worn out the housing, so on low-rev you'll hear the sound. i tolerated for a few weeks, until it affected my alternator as well.

Workshop replaced both aircon compressor & alternator with cannabilised parts, and changed the belt as well. Now working like fine again; damage about $500, including air-con gas, labour, etc.

Note: my workshop couldn't find a new aircon compressor; the honest mechanic told me that apparently the new part doesn't fit (i saw it for myself), and most workshops will force it with some washers.

I also noticed if I switched off e aircon, the problem will be gone. But if I on aircon the sound will appear when moving off or low revs but once picked up speed will be OK. If Mazda repair, will be ex right?

It sounds like your fan motor is about to spoil or already spoiled. The reason why the problem went away when you pick up speed is because the temp is low enough and does not require the fan motor to run to bring down the water temp.

You can bring to Mark Cool or Tomika for them to take a look for confirmation.

I also noticed if I switched off e aircon, the problem will be gone. But if I on aircon the sound will appear when moving off or low revs but once picked up speed will be OK. If Mazda repair, will be ex right?

Neutral Newbie

could it be drive shaft problem? had mine replaced when i heard some sound coming from the engine bay.... mechanic told me was due to drive shaft.

Worned drive shaft gives a different type of sound.

could it be drive shaft problem? had mine replaced when i heard some sound coming from the engine bay.... mechanic told me was due to drive shaft.

But mine just changed by e AD 2 yrs ago. So fast gone liao? Any idea how much e cost as e previous change was free

There shud be 4 individual mounting, this cud be another one of the mounting.

Neutral Newbie

Hi,

I also have the same problem. May i know what is the cause so that i can send it for repair as well ...

Thank you

Neutral Newbie

I also service my car with AD for 5 yrs but not anymore. I noticed i also have the same problem as yours. May i know what is the cause ?

Hi,

I also have the same problem. May i know what is the cause so that i can send it for repair as well ...

Thank you

its the belt tensioner.

once air con compressor cuts in and the extra load is exerted onto the belt tensioner, its no longer has the strength to hold it and thus made that sound.

Neutral Newbie

For my case was e aircon compressor. I got it changed for slightly less than $800 at mova automotive at Alexandra inclusive of labour while Mazda quoted me $2,500.

(edited)

mine also have this problem. changed the compressor, but problem did not go away.. now suspect it is the gearbox. especially low revs low speed..is this the same case as yours

5 yr old honda. yesterday went to kah,told me that mazda and honda have this problem, maybe we have this problem.

Edited by Keithchue

Neutral Newbie

It came and went, cant detect the problem. It would go when I stepped harder on accelerator.

i had e same problem with u on my 2015 mazda6.its e aircon compressor....does e sound come with u stop yr car at traffic light n going at slow speed?when u start to accelerate,e sound will go off?

dun b too anxious first,e problem persisted for about 2-3months b4 e compressor spoil. ^_^

↡ Advertisement