Change rims

Kungfu

contempting to change my current rims - SSR Type C Replica - to some even lighter rims then this set (though I feel they already quite light weight)....anybody can advice which set is even lighter, the first set is my current rims.....driving a toyota sienta

attached picspost-31726-1327284865_thumb.jpg

post-31726-1327284807_thumb.jpg

post-31726-1327284822_thumb.jpg

post-31726-1327284835_thumb.jpg

post-31726-1327284856_thumb.jpg

Edited by Kungfu
↡ Advertisement

(edited)

oops...............sorry..........15"..............i quite obsessed with light weight rims......though on type c ssr.....one day i lifted the volk racing rims and i was like hmm!!!!!!!!!!!how come got bit of difference

Edited by Kungfu

actually. from replica to replica. jus becos of abit weight difference. actually effect on car FC or power wise is very minimal..

if i were u. i would rather save the money up. =D

but if alot of kerb rash den another story la.

Supercharged

Replica sets, don't get too light.

You never know the material quality they used. There are reasons why they are replicas and not the right thing and the price is alot cheaper.

The replica might crack under certain stress.....

U want light weight with solid quality, buy originals

Neutral Newbie

TE37SL never did come in 15s with the smallest size being 17s.. So personally I would try not to get those replicas that someone knows at a glance its definitely fake. Yep, I know once you walk over look closer can tell anyway. So with that I'll go for P1 Racing QF.

Replica sets, don't get too light.

You never know the material quality they used. There are reasons why they are replicas and not the right thing and the price is alot cheaper.

The replica might crack under certain stress.....

U want light weight with solid quality, buy originals

I agree. I first tried SSR Type C Replica.

Then after some time, I decided to go for original SSR rims.

I felt that the drive was a little bit difference in that it was more smooth. But I could be wrong.

Reason for changing from replica to original was rims and tyres are my only contacts on the roads and I rather invest my monies on original stuff since the car itself is an expensive item.

tks for all the advice.............so far my replica ssr type c have not gave any issue........anyway mine opc.........so the usage time down by a big chung....so lesser wear/tear on everything for the car

Dude the style of the SSR you want looks like the Gramlight 57d which to me is very affordable. Why not consider that instead? But only down side is they only come in fluoro yellow/orange and white and also bronze which got a weird face. You can always buy white and powdercoat them black which will probably cost you another 200-250 (dont know about SG price). At least they're still Rays.

nengun-2616-01-rays-gram_lights_-_57d.png

gram57dcar.jpg

Edited by Strudel-