Advice needed!! 2.4NA to VW1.4 tsi is it consider a upgrade?

Devils88

Neutral Newbie

hi to MCF bros and sis!

Should i change my current 5.5 years old 2.4NA l4 sonata to a twin charge jetta 1.4tsi sports?

I need advice as i am confuse between the two as they are very close together in terms of spacious, comfort and maybe engine performance.

Anyway my question is

1. is the 1.4tsi far more powerful than my 2.4na ? if i happen to go genting , which of both engine is a better choice to climb up the steep slopes?

2. I know the 1.4tsi is good for traffic lights and the 2.4 is good for highway cruising! but my driving pattern is in sg is 50% highway and 50% urban and i am confuse should i stay on my sonata or change my car to the jetta?

↡ Advertisement

Just do simple comparison on road tax, Fuel consumption on SIN.

NA and TC engine is diff. Short burst, TC give the adv. Stop and go, TC is adv.

Up to genting on winding roads, depends on driver skills, not TC.

Neutral Newbie

Sprinting look at NM. Long distance driving look at BPH. To me, uphil look at NM.

Torque plays an important part when going uphil. Driver's skill comes in only when

both are using same engine.

I ever go up Genting with my 4 yr old 1.8 N.A. car. With 6 persons in there, even

when I step full throttle, car can hardly move up. Hv to take own sweet time to go up.

Even Michael cannot do anyting under this condition.

hi to MCF bros and sis!

Should i change my current 5.5 years old 2.4NA l4 sonata to a twin charge jetta 1.4tsi sports?

I need advice as i am confuse between the two as they are very close together in terms of spacious, comfort and maybe engine performance.

Anyway my question is

1. is the 1.4tsi far more powerful than my 2.4na ? if i happen to go genting , which of both engine is a better choice to climb up the steep slopes?

2. I know the 1.4tsi is good for traffic lights and the 2.4 is good for highway cruising! but my driving pattern is in sg is 50% highway and 50% urban and i am confuse should i stay on my sonata or change my car to the jetta?

really must change ah?

i think drive 10 years la.

sonata 2.4 is a good car.

can keep leh.

hi to MCF bros and sis!

Anyway my question is

At the type of speed & time (of lack of it) on our expressway, there is not much advantages with big CC engine.

In older tech turbo engine, the engine can get very hot when travel for long time, & using high rev, especially in Tropical climate. Also thy tend to lose power when the rev is high. So if you think in SIngapore context, you will hardly go anyway near red line, non drive for long (unless you taxi driver or truck driver or the likes). That is if yoiu think of older turbo engine cars. My evo 9 can cook an egg on the hood if even in normal drive. Its so hot that it need vents on the bonnet to release the hot air. But its a performance car, so maybe not apple to apple comparison.

The new turbo engines like the TSi from VAG eliminate such issue, & return very good FC even if you do not try hard to save FC. You have good torque from very low speed to highway speed. In Sinagpore contex, its like best of both world or better, as you pay less road tex & COE as well.

err... totally different fun type of cars let...

thats moving from an uncle's car to a fun, youthful car leh...

1>city driving, Golf is beta.. cos of 7 speed GB, FC beta..

2>space, Sonata will be bigger..

3>power wise, Turbo for Tsi should kick in faster...

4>1 is German, another Korean...

Hard to put them together...

I dun drive korean car.. but i know VW is a nice drive...

Cheers..

Neutral Newbie

Do it...

save fc... save on road tax.... save on insurance..... 1.4 TSI is an awesome engine.... If u feel power no enough from stock... Go for stage 1.. easily 200bhp...

Do it...

save fc... save on road tax.... save on insurance..... 1.4 TSI is an awesome engine.... If u feel power no enough from stock... Go for stage 1.. easily 200bhp...

how about torque?

Agree that 2.4 sonata is a good ride... U see so many blue / yellow ones on the road!! Those are even better, with TC...

However the torque on the VW gives you the punch during pickup & uphill climbing. Had a fun driveon the NSHW & up to Cameron last year...

Jetta is nice. The TSI engine is very fun. But you may be giving up a little bit of space. I find the Jetta abit cramped.

the old Jetta is cramped. I don't think the new Jetta is cramped.

Sprinting look at NM. Long distance driving look at BPH. To me, uphil look at NM.

Torque plays an important part when going uphil. Driver's skill comes in only when

both are using same engine.

I ever go up Genting with my 4 yr old 1.8 N.A. car. With 6 persons in there, even

when I step full throttle, car can hardly move up. Hv to take own sweet time to go up.

Even Michael cannot do anyting under this condition.

Short sprint depends on HP as well. This is because HP = torque x rpm / 5252

Thus if you have low RPM and high torque, you run out of breath at higher RPM.

really must change ah?

i think drive 10 years la.

sonata 2.4 is a good car.

can keep leh.

You call goodcar :wub: I am here :D Jump out like a kangaroo

Yes, sonata is a good car [:)]

Edited by GoodCar
↡ Advertisement