SIMI subsidy

Scb11980

EC also have similar HDB rules in terms of sale

How is it that EC is priced more expensive than some freehold condo in Pasir Ris

so is there really a subsidy on public housing

I am totally confused

Large crowds turn up at Tampines Trilliant EC launch

27 Jan 2012

ChannelNewsAsia

Large crowds turned up at the launch of the latest executive condominium (EC) on Friday.

Property developer Sim Lian Group said it hopes Tampines Trilliant, which is located in a mature estate, will attract couples who want to live near their parents.

But with prices as high as S$971,000 for a four-room unit, will home-buyers be turned away?

The launch of Tampines Trilliant saw a large lunch-time crowd

↡ Advertisement

willing seller gets their willing buyer, in another word

suckers...............

singaporeans must be a smart lot

if not how come so many millionaires around

Can I buy ec with my parents if they own private property and my last private property was 4 months ago? Got 3 year waiting period? Damn the rules

I thought MIW alrteady said subsidy base on Market value.

They just evaluate the value higher, so selling price also more.

If purely for living purpose, the prices are seriously out of this world. And Employees complain Singaporeans demand higher pay compare to FTs/FW for their jobs.

I think even most skilled profession will have to dig deep paying HDB prices these days, let alone low skilled workers. Even want to eat grass these days also difficult, as grass land is getting lessor by the day.

When MBT screws up the housing market with such high inflating prices, there is very little Mr Cow could do.

And when there is a minimum reserved price for each plot of land on sale, it no longer reflects truly on market forces.

Looking at this scenario -

Mr Cow cuts pricing of all new HDB flats, it'll affect all the present owners who bought it high. So what is going to happen to these owners? If overnight all property prices drop, banks will start chasing for top-ups. P*P is going to lose more votes in 2016.

If he maintains current pricing, all of us makes noise that he's following MBT's footsteps.

The solution I feel works with less pain for past and future house owners - freeze all HDB housing selling prices for the next 10-15 years at today's prices while continuing to build flats at sufficient numbers. At this rate, salary will catch up and close the gap. By then, it'll be truly affordable. Moreover, HDB is meant for public housing and not speculation. GCT's statement on asset appreciation is slightly flawed. You do not see the physical cash in your housing assets unless you sell it and never to buy a 2nd property.

To be fair, housing agents are another culprit for these runaway prices.

When MBT screws up the housing market with such high inflating prices, there is very little Mr Cow could do.

And when there is a minimum reserved price for each plot of land on sale, it no longer reflects truly on market forces.

Mr Cow cuts pricing of all new HDB flats, it'll affect all the present owners who bought it high. So what is going to happen to these owners? If overnight all property prices drop, banks will start chasing for top-ups. P*P is going to lose more votes in 2016.

If he maintains current pricing, all of us makes noise that he's following MBT's footsteps.

The solution I feel works with less pain for past and future house owners - freeze all HDB housing selling prices for the next 10-15 years at today's prices while continuing to build flats at sufficient numbers. At this rate, salary will catch up and close the gap. By then, it'll be truly affordable. Moreover, HDB is meant for public housing and not speculation. GCT's statement on asset appreciation is slightly flawed. You do not see the physical cash in your housing assets unless you sell it and never to buy a 2nd property.

Very good post. [thumbsup]

Support your suggestion [:)]

The sad thing is what MBT has screwed up, HDB now has to take 10 years or even longer to resolve.... MBT now shaking legs and enjoying himself, rest of us have to take his s--t for another 10 years.............. [mad]

Neutral Newbie

Prices start from S$682,000 for a three-room unit and a whopping S$971,000 for a four-bedroom unit. [bigcry]

30 years loan not enough 50 years loan can ? pay till hand over to next gen

Actually I remember KBW already said in a press conference a couple of months back that he guarantee that the BTO prices will not go up if building costs does not increases, ie he is no longer using Market prices as a bencmark for BTO.

That I think is very important point. wonder why nobody actually remember it.

Edited by Wind30

Prices start from S$682,000 for a three-room unit and a whopping S$971,000 for a four-bedroom unit. [bigcry]

30 years loan not enough 50 years loan can ? pay till hand over to next gen

exactly

how is it possible that a freehold condo is cheaper than a EC

i cannot believe this

and it is real

how can

anybody got uncle khaw phone number

exactly

how is it possible that a freehold condo is cheaper than a EC

i cannot believe this

and it is real

how can