AAS vs STA Inspection

Dualie

Whats the difference between these 2 services?

Always hear abt STA being use by car dealers, but no AAS.

Why? Is it cost issue?

If buying used car, send AA or STA is a better choice?

Pardon for the many questions...

↡ Advertisement

Hi there,

STA Inspection is a leading provider of vehicle inspection related services and AAS is the Automobile Association of Southern India.

Thanks a lot

Nathon Lee

Best is your own mechanic whom you have personal dealings and have good rapport with. Ask him to accompany you when you buy a car. It may be a bluster to say this but i think a mechanic (provided you trust him) worth his salt will be able to tell whether a car is problematic via a test drive. you don't have to run a comprehensive test at this point. The aim is to filter out those cars with dua zhong issues such as gearbox problems or engine problems or involved in serious accident with permanent/severe damage to chassis at a preliminary level.

Hi there,

STA Inspection is a leading provider of vehicle inspection related services and AAS is the Automobile Association of Southern India.

Thanks a lot

Nathon Lee

Lolwut?

Best is your own mechanic whom you have personal dealings and have good rapport with. Ask him to accompany you when you buy a car. It may be a bluster to say this but i think a mechanic (provided you trust him) worth his salt will be able to tell whether a car is problematic via a test drive. you don't have to run a comprehensive test at this point. The aim is to filter out those cars with dua zhong issues such as gearbox problems or engine problems or involved in serious accident with permanent/severe damage to chassis at a preliminary level.

Agreed. Get a trusted mechanic to do the check on a hoist (and a test drive). This especially applies if it's a niche car (high-end sports car, moddable tiong chia car, rare car).

Unfortunately I know no one from wkshp.

Can just go to any wkshp that is familiar with the make and request?

How much is the fee?

How much is the fee?

when in doubt go AAS

"STA" & "VICOM" more professional for used car evaluation as they have all models of cars' spec in the Software to check under-carriage for chassis mis-alignment & check for accident potential of said car (s).

"STA" & "VICOM" more professional for used car evaluation as they have all models of cars' spec in the Software to check under-carriage for chassis mis-alignment & check for accident potential of said car (s).

so professional can be bribe by all mechanic

[laugh]

If for Road Worthiness inspection prior to renewal of Road Tax (As per LTA requirement to inspect motor-car on 3rd yr, 5th yr, 7th yr & 9th yr pf aged - less than 10 yrs aged saloon car BUT annual inspection for COE cars) then AAS had gave up this section of business & sold it to "VICOM" (Formally located & Eunos & there-after shifted to Kaki Bt Ave 4)

Edited by Trafficwatch

How much is the fee?

I paid $80 for my bimme checks, cheaper than AAS & STA. :D

Check around, should be about there.

Neutral Newbie

I am going to buy a 2nd hand car, and just finished the STA evaluation, the overall grade is B, but there are two remarks, I am not sure whether they are seriously or not.

1. Vehicle engine sump sign of oil stain

2. Vehicle front suspenssion system weak.

for all the testing item, it is B except "Suspension system" is "C".

can any experts give some advise on this?

I am going to buy a 2nd hand car, and just finished the STA evaluation, the overall grade is B, but there are two remarks, I am not sure whether they are seriously or not.

1. Vehicle engine sump sign of oil stain

2. Vehicle front suspenssion system weak.

for all the testing item, it is B except "Suspension system" is "C".

can any experts give some advise on this?

My opinion is that for STA evaluation, it is fairly easy for a vehicle to obtain A grading be it overall or itemised grade. you have an itemised grade C. If i were you, i will walk away.

↡ Advertisement