The Quality of China People are Unbelieveable

Scb11980

Neutral Newbie

The quality of XXX is unbelievable... your 'is' points towards 'quality' which cannot be counted hence it's singular...

If you wanna make a comment about the Chinese (don't need people as it's a given), it goes something like...

The Chinese are better than the Westerns....

Cheers...

Edited by 2009k

i really hope many of you can put away the negative thinking of China. i agree with Fu Ying, many reporters report selectively, just to put china in the bad light

Neutral Newbie

i really hope many of you can put away the negative thinking of China. i agree with Fu Ying, many reporters report selectively, just to put china in the bad light

I certainly hope this bad light reporting continues for another 2 decades... To my advantage... :D

the news we read, hear and see are western media and hence our subjective bias

i am learning too

eg

USA pushing China for lower carbon emissions

but during the industrial revolution, USA and UK were the greatest pollutors

have they made good what they have deposited

etc

Actually China and the West are at different stages of development... hence, they cannot be compared fairly.

The kind of "horrifying" things that happened in China recently, e.g. hazardous substances in foodstuff, sweatshop factories, destruction of the environment, oppression, etc., also occurred in Western countries 100+ years ago.

China is simply following the pattern of industrialisation and modernisation that has happened in Western countries.

Actually China and the West are at different stages of development... hence, they cannot be compared fairly.

The kind of "horrifying" things that happened in China recently, e.g. hazardous substances in foodstuff, sweatshop factories, destruction of the environment, oppression, etc., also occurred in Western countries 100+ years ago.

China is simply following the pattern of industrialisation and modernisation that has happened in Western countries.

good point

good point

If they are better why the need to follow the Western road..... [hur] ...Even if they can put the PRC flag on the moon, this has already been done before... Remarkable only if no one has done it before.

Fu Ying: China has no intention to rule the world. But if you continue to see yourself as the center of the world, if you see yourself as the monopoly of all truths, all the right beliefs and all the right values, then you will always find it uncomfortable when you realize that the world is diversified. There are different values and cultures. And if you believe you have won the Cold War, then the Cold War is finished, over, done. We are living in a new world. Get down off your high horse of being on top of the world. Come down to be equals and join us on a level playing field instead of creating a new rival in the style of the Cold War.

5000 years of experience on rise & fall, wars & conflicts, occupation and dominance.

China will very often take on a neutral stance and refrain the use of embargoes and certainly not military intervention to "rogues" countries.

Edited by Atonchia

If they are better why the need to follow the Western road..... [hur] ...Even if they can put the PRC flag on the moon, this has already been done before... Remarkable only if no one has done it before.

if the western system has its merit

why not learn and incorporate

if the western system has its merit

why not learn and incorporate

...These are merit ?

Turbocharged

so you want China to open up and be an industrial country or go back and shut its doors and become an agriculture country?

so you want China to open up and be an industrial country or go back and shut its doors and become an agriculture country?

[/q

That's not up to me or you to decide...

Turbocharged

That's not up to me or you to decide...

that's right

so why are you ranting? [hur]

like it or hate it, they are on the rise