Boss with a heart

Jman888

regardless of how much he made after selling his business, the payout is very generous -_-

Aussie bus boss gives $20 million bonus to staff

AFP

Wednesday, Feb 01, 2012

MELBOURNE - An Australian bus operator has stunned his employees by handing out A$15 million (S$20 million) in thank you bonuses, with workers saying Wednesday they were overwhelmed by his generosity.

Ken Grenda, 79, sold his family-run company after 66 years and decided to put a chunk of the profits into the pockets of his employees for their hard work and loyalty.

Many of his 1,800 workers thought their banks had made an error when they discovered thousands of dollars in their accounts, the Herald Sun reported.

They received an average A$8,500 although some got bonuses as high as A$100,000.

"A business is only as good as its people, and our people are fantastic," Grenda said.

"This is to recognise that. We have had people here who are second generation, and one fellow in the same job for 52 years."

Vernon Franklin, a driver at the company for five years after moving to Melbourne from India, said he was blown away by the gesture.

"I was overwhelmed with the generosity of Mr Grenda," he told Channel Nine.

"I think we are losing a great man."

Iain Beberidge, who has worked with the Melbourne-based company for 15 years, said the appreciation the employees felt was not all about the money.

"Ken looked after his employees, he treated them like family," he said.

"Every time he comes past the depot, he shakes everyone's hands, and says 'g'day'."

The company has been bought by another transport operator, Ventura, with all staff reportedly keeping their jobs.

↡ Advertisement

wah... u tink SBS will do the same? [laugh]

maybe last time SBS will, now this transitlink something i doubt so -_-

Rare boss......we definitely cld do with more like Grenda over here :D[:p] [:p]

A "walking e talk" type of guy who probably subscribe to e saying tat "naked we come naked we go" and "money is important but ppl even more so".....etc

1.8k staff + their family members will remember his generous gift and kindness.....wat a way to live life.

Safe ride

Cheers

• Praise 1

its not a small company with 1800 staff, the appreciation go a long long way ...

it mean more than Bill Gate giving millions to his already millionaire employee [thumbsup]

Rare boss......we definitely cld do with more like Grenda over here :D[:p] [:p]

A "walking e talk" type of guy who probably subscribe to e saying tat "naked we come naked we go" and "money is important but ppl even more so".....etc

1.8k staff + their family members will remember his generous gift and kindness.....wat a way to live life.

Safe ride

Cheers

I hope one day i can do the same.................the feeling must be great!!!!!........... ^_^ ^_^ ^_^

regardless of how much he made after selling his business, the payout is very generous -_-

Aussie bus boss gives $20 million bonus to staff

AFP

Wednesday, Feb 01, 2012

MELBOURNE - An Australian bus operator has stunned his employees by handing out A$15 million (S$20 million) in thank you bonuses, with workers saying Wednesday they were overwhelmed by his generosity.

Ken Grenda, 79, sold his family-run company after 66 years and decided to put a chunk of the profits into the pockets of his employees for their hard work and loyalty.

Many of his 1,800 workers thought their banks had made an error when they discovered thousands of dollars in their accounts, the Herald Sun reported.

They received an average A$8,500 although some got bonuses as high as A$100,000.

"A business is only as good as its people, and our people are fantastic," Grenda said.

"This is to recognise that. We have had people here who are second generation, and one fellow in the same job for 52 years."

Vernon Franklin, a driver at the company for five years after moving to Melbourne from India, said he was blown away by the gesture.

"I was overwhelmed with the generosity of Mr Grenda," he told Channel Nine.

"I think we are losing a great man."

Iain Beberidge, who has worked with the Melbourne-based company for 15 years, said the appreciation the employees felt was not all about the money.

"Ken looked after his employees, he treated them like family," he said.

"Every time he comes past the depot, he shakes everyone's hands, and says 'g'day'."

The company has been bought by another transport operator, Ventura, with all staff reportedly keeping their jobs.

will lah..................but must wait lor.................wait long sure have!!!!!............... [laugh] [laugh] [laugh]

wait until space age oso must carry on waiting ah! [laugh]

yah lah................wait lor.................who knows one day one siao one become CEO...............decide to do it leh............ [laugh] [laugh] [laugh]

will lah..................but must wait lor.................wait long sure have!!!!!............... [laugh] [laugh] [laugh]

at which bus stop?

U siao ah. Later they pass on to commuters. If have, also go into their pocket first.

hi steve.. is iphone 5 any good? i dun trust anyone but chew.

you took my CPF .........................and you don't trust me also............... [:(] [:(] [:(]

you took my CPF .........................and you don't trust me also............... [:(] [:(] [:(]

mai gong liao la..

ur cpf dun kw go where..i 1cent oso never take..

say aldy oso gek xim. *tears at corner of eye*

↡ Advertisement