Given the choice, would you want to be born here?

KARTer

Here in SGP?

In a more 'realistic' way, would you encourage / prevent your next generation staying/migrating if they are given the choice? :o

↡ Advertisement

i made up my mind to groom my kid to take photo shaking MPs' hands every year and sar kar them so can get some scraps if eventually cannot migrate. ah... the power of the inner circle :wub:

Here in SGP?

In a more 'realistic' way, would you encourage / prevent your next generation staying/migrating if they are given the choice? :o

A few friends in my social circle all agree we have to prepare our kids to be able to work or do business globally. Realistically it means studying in foreign universities and getting internships abroad. Singapore is too small and accepts only the cookie-cutter type of people...

Ideally those in the last 3 decades born in JB, studied and worked in Singapore had the best deal! :D

Yap, life was good until the mid Noties with influx of MASS immigration. Now it feel less & less like a country, but a big factory, which main aim is to produce $$$ for the top minority %.

Here in SGP?

I will emphasize on flexibility and versatility to my kid(s). Guide them and give them some essential tools to acquire the capabilities to qualify for all possible nationalites. Thus allowing them the freedom of choice to live anywhere they prefer on Earth.

I will not falsely nor narrow mindedly implore the idea about the sense of "belonging" to Singapore. I feel short changed by country's "elites" and I will not want my kids to suffer the same.

I will lay all cards opened to assist them in their decision making about "migration".

Neutral Newbie

Yap, life was good until the mid Noties with influx of MASS immigration. Now it feel less & less like a country, but a big factory, which main aim is to produce $$$ for the top minority %.

A city out of a port has a limited lifespan.... The strategic edge is eroding, and within the next 2 decades we should see less and less need of a transshipment hub...

Here in SGP?

Currently 60% would choose to born here , 40% would not . [:p]

we see angmo we kbkb they elite etc

we see prc etc, we kbkb their culture..

imagine u in their society

where can we go?

if u can accept them or they accept u,then anywhere u can go to

Edited by Freestylers09

Neutral Newbie

Yes, I will like to born in Singapore but I will work to be a MP, don't need to be accountable for anything unlike my current job

Edited by Gukubird

Here in SGP?

7 years ago, I was very happy to have my kid born here. Fast forward now, I'm already thinking of leaving the country. <_< That's how bad it had become.

What about you?

Ideally those in the last 3 decades born in JB, studied and worked in Singapore had the best deal! :D

...becoming PRs but die die do not want to convert to Singapore citizenship?

But seriously if I were in their shoes, I would probably do the same and probably more by marrying the local woman folks as well [rolleyes]

[laugh] [laugh] [laugh]

we see angmo we kbkb they elite etc

we see prc etc, we kbkb their culture..

imagine u in their society

where can we go?

if u can accept them or they accept u,then anywhere u can go to

True, if we cannot accept people from china, india, mynmar etc in s'pore, i wonder where can we migrate to? [:/]

↡ Advertisement